Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bruce Arians' play calling?

HarassedOffTheSite

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's impossible to know how much we're hiding, since it's preseason, but no doubt we are hiding our best plays, so let's not think too deeply on things yet.

We also have to be careful not to endanger Luck, hence the reliance on the run, the safe 3rd & 25 play, etc.

Ringing endorsement.

It's d^mn sure not that good.

What are you supposed to call when you're backed up near the goal line? I'd just like to see some deep passing, I think we're doing too much dink and dunk stuff. Let the game play out.

Oh, but your griping is somehow helping? We aren't supposed to be very good this year. The Skins may just be confirming some of that. But incessant griping is going to make for a long year.

The initial excuse was it is preseason. That didnt float. Then it was we're calling conservative in order not to show all our cards....Arians himself refuted that. Now it is we're not that good and therefore it is unreasonable to point out the playcalling on the 1st two possessions was HORRIBLE?

Got it. ;)

Anyway...

You can always logoff if enduring legitimate fan observations is gonna be too much for you.

The only problem I have is the outrageously predictable runs on first down with the 3 TE sets. What do you expect the defense to do other than stack the box and go all out against the run? I thought Arians liked to spread people out, not force the run. JMO

I understood that the Skins were gonna be blitz happy. But run delayed draws, run slants (Peyton's 1st TD). That crap was just...high schoolish.

I understood that the Skins were gonna be blitz happy. But run delayed draws, run slants (Peyton's 1st TD). That crap was just...high schoolish.

That play action where they pulled Olsen out to the left side to pick up the OLB???? Not sure why you'd have a RG try to block a blitzing OLB on the other side of the line. It's goofy crap like that caused him to be resented in Pittsburgh.