Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

i got the prefect nickname for our offense

CR91

FEAR THE BEARD

andrewluck-beard.jpg

EDIT. oh darn it. mods please change perfect.

Why is this dudes beard such a "item" ???

Jeffy G sported the mullet with the beard and I never heard a peep about it .... ever.

Andrew IS going "bald" ... and for those of us who realized very early that "reality" is setting in very soon.

I hope Luck rocks the "neck hair" his entire career.

Nobody.....this reminds me of when the bases were loaded.....and I stood into the batters box.....one of the coaches always say....all yours.....and you too (For a grand slam) and he would say "Ducks on the pond son." Brought back some memories there :)

That does bring back memories... We had a guy on our baseball team that didn't fully understand the concept. He understood that there were runners on base, but he kept saying what do ducks have to do with it? It would frustrate our coach to no end whenever he would bring it up. He'd look at him and say shut up Ducky. Then a nickname was born.

Pretty in Pink might have had a bit to do with it too since the guy did have an awkward teenage Jon Cryer feel about him.

That does bring back memories... We had a guy on our baseball team that didn't fully understand the concept. He understood that there were runners on base, but he kept saying what do ducks have to do with it? It would frustrate our coach to no end whenever he would bring it up. He'd look at him and say shut up Ducky. Then a nickname was born.

Pretty in Pink might have had a bit to do with it too since the guy did have an awkward teenage Jon Cryer feel about him.

Love it FJC! Thanks for the 'Ducky' reference......I wonder why one of the great ball-players in the early days was named "ducky/Wucky' Medwick...."

Wanted to like....difficulties....love good posts.

Love it FJC! Thanks for the 'Ducky' reference......I wonder why one of the great ball-players in the early days was named "ducky/Wucky' Medwick...."

Wanted to like....difficulties....love good posts.

It's hard to tell where that nickname came from... I picked up a book of cliche's at Dollar Tree once, fairly interesting.. I wonder if there is a book out there just on nicknames.... That would be a fairly interesting read, where it would explain each nickname in a 1-2 sentence blurb. Checked Amazon.. There are a couple... Will have to see if Barnes & Noble has them..

We also had a guy named Chicken, but that is an entirely different story, or so it was told. :)

It's hard to tell where that nickname came from... I picked up a book of cliche's at Dollar Tree once, fairly interesting.. I wonder if there is a book out there just on nicknames.... That would be a fairly interesting read, where it would explain each nickname in a 1-2 sentence blurb. Checked Amazon.. There are a couple... Will have to see if Barnes & Noble has them..

We also had a guy named Chicken, but that is an entirely different story, or so it was told. :)

My like button worked....we had a kid we nicknamed "umpire." He could not field, hit and was fat like Bruce Froeming and John McSherry.....he was on my team...I tried to talk him into just being an umpire he was sooooooo bad....Was forever known as 'Umpire Heffner" No not Hugh....:)

My like button worked....we had a kid we nicknamed "umpire." He could not field, hit and was fat like Bruce Froeming and John McSherry.....he was on my team...I tried to talk him into just being an umpire he was sooooooo bad....Was forever known as 'Umpire Heffner" No not Hugh.... :)

That's funny. We had a could with equal talents. He had no business playing baseball. In all honesty there would be 2-3 girls on the softball team that would have been more productive playing baseball than he was. He was left handed and a couple of us could throw the ball better than him with our off hand.

Our 2nd baseman couldn't stand him. During BP, you'd usually get 10 cuts,and then you had to run out the last hit. There were times that this kids only contact would be foul balls. So the 2nd baseman would sit on the bucket and yell Strike 1, Strike 2, One time it approached the 30's before he made contact. One time he was approaching 30 again and it was starting to storm so our coach just threw one at him and hit him with it and told him to take his base.

That's funny. We had a could with equal talents. He had no business playing baseball. In all honesty there would be 2-3 girls on the softball team that would have been more productive playing baseball than he was. He was left handed and a couple of us could throw the ball better than him with our off hand.

Our 2nd baseman couldn't stand him. During BP, you'd usually get 10 cuts,and then you had to run out the last hit. There were times that this kids only contact would be foul balls. So the 2nd baseman would sit on the bucket and yell Strike 1, Strike 2, One time it approached the 30's before he made contact. One time he was approaching 30 again and it was starting to storm so our coach just threw one at him and hit him with it and told him to take his base.

Sounds like the coach should've taught the poor kid how to bunt.....One kid in out league...bunted every single time he was up....so funny...the only way in 'heck' he could make contact...Love it.

Sounds like the coach should've taught the poor kid how to bunt.....One kid in out league...bunted every single time he was up....so funny...the only way in 'heck' he could make contact...Love it.

He tried... He'd chop at it even when bunting. This kid literally might not have started on the slow-pitch girls softball team, and they were bad. The scoreboard looking like a football blow out bad..

We had a kid like that too.. A converted track sprinter that was mostly used as a runner for the pitcher/catcher. His 11 flat 100 speed came in handy. Couldn't hit a lick, and couldn't bunt all that great, but if he got one down, he was basically on base.

So, we're a One Man show now huh? All the Talent on Offense, & we're still being called a "One-Man Show"???

It's a NEW Era people. Changes need to be made. If everyone was "Smurf Size" as Wayne said, that'd be the name of our Offense.

But there's gotta be a better nickname than this. If not, then just call us "Offense"