Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Williams...anyone?

Smonroe

Okay, I'll be that guy. I'm not going to say we need to pick him up, but you have to admit it's intriguing.

If he's truly back from the ankle injury, he makes a great target, especially in the red zone.

I'll now duck and cover...

Ben Obamanu, Golden Tate, and Doug Baldwin aren't necessarily the best WR corps in the league. Williams was the best one of them and he seemed to finally have his life back in order. Was there any reason given as to why he was released? He's only 28, so he's still young.

Ben Obamanu, Golden Tate, and Doug Baldwin aren't necessarily the best WR corps in the league. Williams was the best one of them and he seemed to finally have his life back in order. Was there any reason given as to why he was released? He's only 28, so he's still young.

Probably because he has a grand total of 127 catches in 6 years and 5 touchdowns to show for it in 56 games played games out of 96 games since he was drafted and started 30, My guess is poor work ethic but thats just a guess given his abilities and actual production

Probably because he has a grand total of 127 catches in 6 years and 5 touchdowns to show for it in 56 games played games out of 96 games since he was drafted and started 30, My guess is poor work ethic but thats just a guess given his abilities and actual production

But he had a decent year in 2010 and it looked like he was back on track. What happened since?

But he had a decent year in 2010 and it looked like he was back on track. What happened since?

Not sure but I do like his size and we do need that in my opinion but he has a serious lack of production considering his size and speed which his speed isnt super fast but its alright http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Mike&l=Williams&i=7291 I would expect better numbers given those measurables which I get is only a small part of the picture

I'll pass.

There is no one on the planet who knows him as well as Pete Carroll. That's the same Pete Carroll who just cut Mike Williams. I don't know what his 'issues' are... but something is not right for them to do this now. They may couch it in terms of doing him a favor so he can catch on with somebody else, but it just doesn't seem to add up for me.

I'm a big guy for bringing people in and giving them a look.... and if we do so, fine. But I wouldn't get too worked up over him.

He was out of football, extremely overweight, but worked hard to get back. In 10 he had Hassleback and had a great year. Last year he had Travaris Jackson, and then wrecked his ankle.

He's big, (was, not sure if he still is) fast, and has experience. I don't know where the 'bad work ethic' knock came from?

I don't know if he's back to his 10 form, but can you imagine a guy his size as well as Fleener on the field? Jump ball anyone?

I like big athletic wrs too but this guy isn't the answer. I really hope Fleener turns out to be good to help in the redzone...I just haven't been sold on the kid but since he is on the roster I just hope he is that big target we need.

Okay, I'll be that guy. I'm not going to say we need to pick him up, but you have to admit it's intriguing.

If he's truly back from the ankle injury, he makes a great target, especially in the red zone.

I'll now duck and cover...

I Thought I was the only one that was thinking about that move the guy is 6'5 225. thats a great amount of help in the redzone.

I was about to start this thread. I really think that if he can produce with Hasselback at QB then imagine what he could do with Luck. Of course then the question would be

1. Reggie

2. Collie

3. ?

4. ?

5. ?

6. ?

My guess would be

1. Reggie

2. Collie

3. Fleener

4. Allen/Whalen

5. And Hopefully Williams (Mike Williams)

6. ?

Not sure but I do like his size and we do need that in my opinion but he has a serious lack of production considering his size and speed which his speed isnt super fast but its alright http://nflcombineres...Williams&i=7291 I would expect better numbers given those measurables which I get is only a small part of the picture

The guy is 6'5 225lbs and Ran a 40 speed of 4.56 I would say thats pretty good for a 6'5 225lb WR. and with the Discipline Chuck Pagno. I'm sure He'll get him on his game. [i still think, either Pagno or Grison should get a twitter]

My guess would be

1. Reggie

2. Collie

3. Fleener

4. Allen/Whalen

5. And Hopefully Williams (Mike Williams)

6. ?

Fleener and Allen split out wide as WR? Fleener would be the Dallas Clark role but Allen is more of H-back which by the way I wanted Allen more then Fleener

Fleener and Allen split out wide as WR? Fleener would be the Dallas Clark role but Allen is more of H-back which by the way I wanted Allen more then Fleener

He may have been listing the order of "go to" guys. It will probably be Reggie and Avery, with Collie in the slot. #4 is Hilton's to lose. After that it's going to be a good battle for the next slot (or two).

Obviously Fleener and Allen will get their PT also.

He may have been listing the order of "go to" guys. It will probably be Reggie and Avery, with Collie in the slot. #4 is Hilton's to lose. After that it's going to be a good battle for the next slot (or two).

Obviously Fleener and Allen will get their PT also.

I thought it was established Collie was out wide

True

Collie is real good but we do need some speed because Reggie isnt a speed wide receiver either and if we used a speed receiver at #2 then a safety would have to choose between a pass catching athletic Tight End or two and a deep threat in Hilton or maybe Avery, who know, these are just what I would try

5 WRs - Wayne, Avery, Collie, Hilton and one of Lavon Brazil/Whalen, IMO. We will carry 4 TEs and 4 RBs, IMO.

It will probably be 26 on D (17 for DL + LBs, 9 DBs or 16 for DL + LBs, 10 DBs), and 24 on O (3 QBs, 4 RBs, 5 WRs, 4 TEs, 8 OLs) with the 3 ST guys being kicker, punter and long snapper.

Once Arians' offense and the hybrid D are in place, it will become more clear as to where the deficiencies are and we can add from there from the PS, IMO.

The guy was released by a Head Coach who knows his game better than anyone else.

So, I say no.

Besides, he is not the type of WR our OC uses.

Im not for it either but if he reaches his potential which isn't likely then he could have been an asset in some packages and a definite mismatch give his height and weight and speed, but like I said I'm not one thats for bringing him in.