Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What will it take for luck to be better than Manning?

kansascolt

In all honesty it is sad, I know in real life most of my fellow Colts fans are full on board with Luck and the new era and hoping it is a success. None of us worship Luck like many of the cliquers believe, we are just behind him since he is our QB and want him to succeed for the Colts.

I sense many here are hoping he or this new thing busts so it makes Peyton look better or Irsay look foolish.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 games divided by 3 interceptions

I still don't get what your a pointing at.

Your original statement is:

in 8 wins he has 2.66 interceptions per game

Which would mean he has 21.28 INTs. Which he does not.

You did the math wrong. He has 3 INTs in 8 wins. So that's a .375 INTs/Win.

The way you did the math the statement should be 2.66 games/int.

I still don't get what your a pointing at.

Your original statement is:

Which would mean he has 21.28 INTs. Which he does not.

You did the math wrong. He has 3 INTs in 8 wins. So that's a .375 INTs/Win.

The way you did the math the statement should be 2.66 games/int.

I took 8 and divided by 3, Ah I see I divided the right numbers just flipped the wrong way

lol you already got 3 likes for that.

If all it took to pad my rep numbers is pics of Manning from the usual suspects then why didn't someone alarm me of this months ago!!!! Darn it.

lol you already got 3 likes for that.

If all it took to pad my rep numbers is pics of Manning from the usual suspects then why didn't someone alarm me of this months ago!!!! Darn it.

Well, if all your concerned with is 'padding your reps' your are sorely misguided and misinformed on the intentions of the post I made..

Well, if all your concerned with is 'padding your reps' your are sorely misguided and misinformed on the intentions of the post I made..

Are you the one who pmed me months ago?

If it was you then I know your intentions loud and clear.

If it wasn't then I apologize very much so for getting the wrong Manning screen name. (a lot of them look similar)

Go Colts!!! Clearly we can all get along. We all support the same team and QB here. I think.

In all honesty it is sad, I know in real life most of my fellow Colts fans are full on board with Luck and the new era and hoping it is a success. None of us worship Luck like many of the cliquers believe, we are just behind him since he is our QB and want him to succeed for the Colts.

I sense many here are hoping he or this new thing busts so it makes Peyton look better or Irsay look foolish.

Yep I don't understanding how wanting Luck to do well and be as good as advertised is a negative for someone who calls themselves a Colts fan. I figured that is what you are supposed to do it because if he does well that = good things for the Colts.

Also just for the record me pulling for Luck has NOTHING To do with my feelings for Peyton Manning. I still love that guy and feel privileged I got to watch him play in person. With that said he is no longer the QB of my team. Just like when the Colts traded my all-time favorite Jim Harbaugh it stinks to see the guy you love play for someone else but since I love the team first I got on bored with the new guy samething here.

Yep I don't understanding how wanting Luck to do well and be as good as advertised is a negative for someone who calls themselves a Colts fan. I figured that is what you are supposed to do it because if he does well that = good things for the Colts.

Also just for the record me pulling for Luck has NOTHING To do with my feelings for Peyton Manning. I still love that guy and feel privileged I got to watch him play in person. With that said he is no longer the QB of my team. Just like when the Colts traded my all-time favorite Jim Harbaugh it stinks to see the guy you love play for someone else but since I love the team first I got on bored with the new guy samething here.

Like you Harbaugh was probably my all time favorite. But, like you I also moved on.

And when Manning was drafted I did say to people I knew "I hope Peyton is the best QB we ever had and I hope this Colts era with him kicks rear." (used a different word then rear)

And guess what. I said the same thing almost when Luck was drafted. I hope he kicks rear and so does this team. For many years.

Too many I feel are more concerned over Manning's personal legacy over everything else.

I loved and enjoyed every minute Peyton was here. But, guess what? He's a Bronco now!!! Has no effect on us even though I wish him the best of health. It's time to move on and hope the next era is even better. And if it's not then so be it.....maybe we will still have a lot of fun and good wins you know.

But, I do sometimes suspect some don't even want Luck to be as good as advertised or something. Sheesh....

Peyton Manning has 54,828 passing yards with 399 TDs and a 94.9 QB rating.

For Luck to be better, he better have 54,829 passing yards with 400 TDs and a 95 QB rating...

or to all the * experts in the media, 2 superbowl wins...

It also wouldn't hurt if he changed his last name from Luck to Manning.

Hey, I'm just sayin.....

Like you Harbaugh was probably my all time favorite. But, like you I also moved on.

And when Manning was drafted I did say to people I knew "I hope Peyton is the best QB we ever had and I hope this Colts era with him kicks rear." (used a different word then rear)

And guess what. I said the same thing almost when Luck was drafted. I hope he kicks rear and so does this team. For many years.

Too many I feel are more concerned over Manning's personal legacy over everything else.

I loved and enjoyed every minute Peyton was here. But, guess what? He's a Bronco now!!! Has no effect on us even though I wish him the best of health. It's time to move on and hope the next era is even better. And if it's not then so be it.....maybe we will still have a lot of fun and good wins you know.

But, I do sometimes suspect some don't even want Luck to be as good as advertised or something. Sheesh....

Well I think the ones that honestly feel that way need to take Warhorse's advice earlier in this thread...

Like I said it sucks to see a guy who is your favorite playing for someone else but if you are a fan of the team you want the team to do well. That doesn't mean you can't be sad about Peyton though. I am sad about him and it still hasn't fully hit me that he wont be our QB going forward.

With that said I am Andrew Luck's camp as long as he rocks the horse shoe and I really really don't understand how me or anyone for that matter being excited about the Colts future and Luck's future is a bad thing. What am I supposed to do sit around clutching my #18 jersey crying about the day we cut him for the rest of my life? That's a pretty sad way to go forward. Moving on to the new guy and being excited about him is natural for fans of a team. It doesn't mean we are worshiping him. It means we hope for the best for him because he's our QB. If our QB was still Peyton it would be the same reaction. Had we taken RG3 it would have been the same reaction at least from me. What's done is done and yes it was painful and it's going to stink seeing Manning with a Bronco on the side of his head and it's probably going to be really painful when the Broncos come to Indy next year but no amount of being sad or mad about it is going to bring Peyton back. So I am just moving forward. It doesn't mean I am not sad about not having Peyton anymore. I am but I am also very excited about having Andrew Luck and with everything that has been said he has the talent to be I would be a fool not to be. Like Cowherd (another media guy I can't stand, ugh what's wrong with me) said, "Colts fans should be happy you got to date the prettiest girl at the ball for 13 years and you break up with her for five minutes and now you are dating the next prettiest girl at the ball." It's not like we were left with Curtis Painter as our QB going forward here.

For the record all the above is MY opinion and is no way meant to be me telling other fans how they should feel. How they feel is up to them.

It also wouldn't hurt if he changed his last name from Luck to Manning.

Hey, I'm just sayin.....

Great post. And so true.

Perhaps he can yell "cut that meat" every once in a while for fun. It might gain him more fans.

If Peyton could be one of the greatest, and with him being human and all, who's to say that Luck couldn't be better? I'm not saying he will be, but you can't deny him just yet. Let his career tell the story. I for one, am going to be a Colts' fan regardless of Luck's stats. I, however, doubt the argument will cease until Luck proves he can be the best.

No disrespect intended for anyone posting in this thread, but I really wish these types of threads would cease to be created in the first place, or shut down when they do. No good has ever come, or will ever come from a thread like this comparing these two. All Andrew can and needs to do is be himself, play "HIS" game. Nothing he does or doesn't do will have any bearing on Peyton's Legacy, and vice versa for that matter. These threads get annoying... :wall:

No disrespect intended for anyone posting in this thread, but I really wish these types of threads would cease to be created in the first place, or shut down when they do. No good has ever come, or will ever come from a thread like this comparing these two. All Andrew can and needs to do is be himself, play "HIS" game. Nothing he does or doesn't do will have any bearing on Peyton's Legacy, and vice versa for that matter. These threads get annoying... :wall:

Well stated Gramz. Rogers is not Farve. Young was not Montana, just as Billy KIlmer was not Sonny Jurgenson (OK....some need to read that story...some don't) By the way apples are not oranges either. :)

I get why the comparisons are tiring, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect them not to be made. Manning was huge for this franchise, and the hope is that Luck will be as well. Fair or not, Luck will be living in Manning's shadow for a while, just as Young was in Montana's shadow, Rodgers was in Favre's, etc. This topic is bound to come up from time to time.

I get why the comparisons are tiring, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect them not to be made. Manning was huge for this franchise, and the hope is that Luck will be as well. Fair or not, Luck will be living in Manning's shadow for a while, just as Young was in Montana's shadow, Rodgers was in Favre's, etc. This topic is bound to come up from time to time.

I certainly "get" how HUGE Peyton was to this organization, I have in my Home a "Colts Den" which has been pointed out to me lately would be more aptly named the "MAN(ning) CAVE.... Lots of Peyton (and Eli) memorabilia. And I get there will always be comparisions much like the ones stated above, but it gets tiring... particularly when so much bickering amongst fans who are supposed to be for the same team.. :sigh:

There will be comparisons until Luck is retiring in 2032 or whatever it is written in stone by some that he will play till. That's the nature of the sports.

A message board isn't like a conference being held on a specific subject where the nation's elite will come and discuss whatever topic. You get all kinds of posters and sometimes the knowledgeable and ignorant don't mesh well. That has happened in Manning v Brady threads, Colts v Titans, and will continue with whatever two quarterbacks are quarterbacking the Colts and Jaguars or whatever they will be named when move when people discuss NFL football in 2055, assuming Andrew Luck has retired by then.

The way I personally approach it, there are people I try not to respond to for various reasons. It is a waste of my time. So I pick and choose who I discuss things with, and while at times I break my own guidelines because something is so absurd it has to be addressed, for every post I make there are 10 I do not make. If the truth could be told to some, their poor little eyes would bleed from what they just read.

True-Blood-s5-poster-Dont-Cry.jpg

There are threads I don't even comment in because nothing good can come from it. It is clear not everyone shares that way of looking at it, because some deliberately go into a thread to cause a stir and then seem to act like they are wanting messageboard peace or that they are some form of victim.

Some post without thinking and some think without posting. Some don't have a clue to begin with. Over time you learn who you can have a discussion with and who is a waste of your time.

It's just a hodgepodge of a mess, part chaos, part comedy, part relevant substance, part stupidity and part drivel. That is what a message board is.

This thread wasn't the first and it won't be the last, it's more like a lifetime subscription to the Rose of the month club. It might be nice to look at times but to quote the lyrical poet Bret Michaels, "Every rose has it's thorn". 3240869489_45c273a8e8.jpgThat seems to fit threads like this.

end/rant

There will be comparisons until Luck is retiring in 2032 or whatever it is written in stone by some that he will play till. That's the nature of the sports.

A message board isn't like a conference being held on a specific subject where the nation's elite will come and discuss whatever topic. You get all kinds of posters and sometimes the knowledgeable and ignorant don't mesh well. That has happened in Manning v Brady threads, Colts v Titans, and will continue with whatever two quarterbacks are quarterbacking the Colts and Jaguars or whatever they will be named when move when people discuss NFL football in 2055, assuming Andrew Luck has retired by then.

The way I personally approach it, there are people I try not to respond to for various reasons. It is a waste of my time. So I pick and choose who I discuss things with, and while at times I break my own guidelines because something is so absurd it has to be addressed, for every post I make there are 10 I do not make. If the truth could be told to some, their poor little eyes would bleed from what they just read.

True-Blood-s5-poster-Dont-Cry.jpg

There are threads I don't even comment in because nothing good can come from it. It is clear not everyone shares that way of looking at it, because some deliberately go into a thread to cause a stir and then seem to act like they are wanting messageboard peace or that they are some form of victim.

Some post without thinking and some think without posting. Some don't have a clue to begin with. Over time you learn who you can have a discussion with and who is a waste of your time.

It's just a hodgepodge of a mess, part chaos, part comedy, part relevant substance, part stupidity and part drivel. That is what a message board is.

This thread wasn't the first and it won't be the last, it's more like a lifetime subscription to the Rose of the month club. It might be nice to look at times but to quote the lyrical poet Bret Michaels, "Every rose has it's thorn". 3240869489_45c273a8e8.jpgThat seems to fit threads like this.

end/rant

Need a little Brett Michaels and Poison......

Great post FireJim. I run into these problems myself, and I need to look at it as you do. "Just do not post" if there is a 'fight waiting to happen.' Every rose indeed has it's thorn. The same people argue over the same things.... :(

Need a little Brett Michaels and Poison......

Great post FireJim. I run into these problems myself, and I need to look at it as you do. "Just do not post" if there is a 'fight waiting to happen.' Every rose indeed has it's thorn. The same people argue over the same things.... :(

Thanks

It is hard to do, and if I have a success rate of 66%, then I've actually accomplished something. :)

You do know 66% really was bad unless a bell shaped curve.....that was a D+ in my school. HA HA!

Different scales for various topics. :)

36.7% can be great in some circles, such as the great Ty Cobb.

To get a D in my school you had to hit 70. College the scale shifted a bit.

I guess it's all about the context.

Different scales for various topics. :)

36.7% can be great in some circles, such as the great Ty Cobb.

To get a D in my school you had to hit 70. College the scale shifted a bit.

I guess it's all about the context.

Great baseball analogy! .367 is pretty darned strong even for one of the most cantankerous players ever....meaner than a rattler.

Great baseball analogy! .367 is pretty darned strong even for one of the most cantankerous players ever....meaner than a rattler.

I did like Larry Bird's Cobbesque quote the other day about Dream Team vs. Olympic team 92.

birddreamteamold.jpg

Cobb was once asked what he would hit against modern pitching. His response was .290. The guy asking the question asked since he hit .400 a number of times, why he would hit so low.

His response was far more cantankerous, but the gist of it was. "Because I'm seventy-three flipping years old."

Classic quote.