Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts add Korey Lindsay

bahhummbug

was one time a part of the Arizona Cardinals and Bengals of which he was originally drafted, didn't play last year, thats all I know so far about him, 23 years old it looks like and a back up from Southern Illinois, RotoWorld has him being waived 3 times , that's not good

Corey Lindsey is a CB who is 5-10 and 194lbs. He was a 2x all american at Southern Illinois, He ran 4.56 forty and 4.33s with 7.11c on his pro day. He had 10 reps of 225. He was drafted by Cincinnatti in round 7 and later placed on waivers. He was picked up Arizona and cut yesterday.

Basically a depth guy, which is confusing to me, we released a depth guy for another depth guy? :hmm: :scratch:

Just spitballing here, but maybe, just maybe, they think this guy (Lindsey) is better than the guy they released (Pellerin). Sounds crazy, I know.

I'm glad they don't settle, even with players deep on the depth cart.

Agree. One major difference between Polian and Grigson is that Grigson isn't afraid to say "my bad" and toss a recruit out for someone else.

Yeah, these are depth guys but the players higher up on the roster have to be looking at all of the moves and thinking "No one is safe. Gotta' bust my butt every day or i could be gone".

Not that i think it was ever an issue here, but there won't be any one getting complacent on our roster!

My .02

Agree. One major difference between Polian and Grigson is that Grigson isn't afraid to say "my bad" and toss a recruit out for someone else.

Yeah, these are depth guys but the players higher up on the roster have to be looking at all of the moves and thinking "No one is safe. Gotta' bust my butt every day or i could be gone".

Not that i think it was ever an issue here, but there won't be any one getting complacent on our roster!

My .02

I agree, well said

There is not a lot of video available for FCS teams out there so what I saw was live -- following tailgates. But I recall that Lindsey's sophomore and junior years were his best. Injuries decimiated SIUs backfield during his senior year so teams just played keep away from Korey. There is a video of an overtime interception somewhere on the internet, which was the only time I remember him being directly challenged. Last year during preseason, it seemed that the Bengals looked more at safety-style corners than cover corners so he didn't get many minutes. He keeps getting picked up by teams, so the scouts are definitely seeing something.

DB is probably the hardest transition from college to NFL. It usually takes most DBs a couple years to pick it up...if ever. We just have to be patient and wait and see how everyone develops. I imagine poor attitude and a lack of showing that Pellerin was learning had more to do with this than anything. He just wasn't getting it likely. I would hate to be a cb in the NFL. Hardest position to play IMO. Even the good ones are going to get beat from time to time.

One of the reasons I don't think Jenkins is leaving Dallas. Just because they signed Claiborne doesn't mean the kid is going to light it up his rookie year. Few do. Jenkins at a million dollars this year is too valuable to just trade away for a marginal pick.

Is this really that much of a mystery to you?

I don't know why we expect every move made in May and June to be monumental. Most of the players being shuffled around at this point have about a 3% chance of making the final 53 man roster.

I don't know why we expect every move made in May and June to be monumental. Most of the players being shuffled around at this point have about a 3% chance of making the final 53 man roster.

We know it is not monumental but CB seems to be a sore spot for a lot of us. Between now and the final cuts in August there will probably be a lot of CBs cut. Grigson has the advantage in that we get first shot at the best ones. We could also trade for one without trading a draft pick because we have some interesting pieces at WR.

DB is probably the hardest transition from college to NFL. It usually takes most DBs a couple years to pick it up...if ever. We just have to be patient and wait and see how everyone develops. I imagine poor attitude and a lack of showing that Pellerin was learning had more to do with this than anything. He just wasn't getting it likely. I would hate to be a cb in the NFL. Hardest position to play IMO. Even the good ones are going to get beat from time to time.

One of the reasons I don't think Jenkins is leaving Dallas. Just because they signed Claiborne doesn't mean the kid is going to light it up his rookie year. Few do. Jenkins at a million dollars this year is too valuable to just trade away for a marginal pick.

You are correct, the DB position is a tough transition from college to pros. Pellerin was listed as a Safety. Don't think his attitude was an issue though. According to sources, all of his reps in Rookie Mini-Camp and OTAs (few as they were) were at corner, none at Safety. By my count, there were at least nine corners at OTAs. The roster moves the Indy staff keeps making at CB (and there will be more) indicates the staff feels they simply do not have the luxury of developing promising UDFA talent. On the other hand, Green Bay does. In their press release announcing Pellerin's signing, Green Bay lists him as a Safety. Not that any of this matters to the Colts, he will probably compete for a spot as a "swing man," a combination cornerback and safety in Green Bay..

Personally I don't care where Grigson finds players, as long as he finds them! This kid was heavily recruited out of high school............chose a smaller school...........was a productive starter...........drafted by the Bengals that had A LOT of depth last year.........and was cut by the Cardinals in a supposed "numbers" crunch......

Of course he comes to the Colts where there are 10 corners as well...............HOWEVER, aside from Powers I would bet the competition is WIDE open and the new regime doesn't care who was drafted or what school they came from...............they only care about who can execute the X's and O's the best!

Bring on the competition..............I LOVE that they are not standing pat!