Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

colts release Brody Eldridge

CR91

I didn't see where he was anything special blocking wise either? Though Polian during the draft said he was an excellnt blocking TE and I was like, "huh?"...injury prone as well.

Mayock and many other analysts also said that Eldridge was the best blocking TE in the draft. It just didn't work out for him

2010 Draft Class Review

Jerry Hughes- who?

Pat Angerer- Stud last year who knows how he will play with the defense switch

Kevin Thomas- How many downs has he played?

Jacques McClendon- Kudos to you if you can continue to read after this pain

Brody Eldridge- Yes lets get a blocking tight end to solve our OL problems. Genius.

Ricardo Matthews- Lolz

Kavell Connor- I liked him but i believe he got bounced

Ray Fisher- See ricardo matthews

And of course our two notable UDFA's- gone. Kudos Polian and his regime.

2010 Draft Class Review

Jerry Hughes- who?

Brody Eldridge- Yes lets get a blocking tight end to solve our OL problems. Genius.

Ricardo Matthews- Lolz

Matthews and Hughes I havent given up on, Matthews showed flashes last year before he got injured. Matthews had 19 total tackles last year in 8 games and thats as a back up, opposed to Antonio Johnsons 22 tackles as a starter, I think Matthews would make a better defensive end in a 3-4 and Jerry Hughes a better linebacker (although Im not nearly as confident saying that about Hughes)

2010 Draft Class Review

Jerry Hughes- who?

Ricardo Matthews- Lolz

2008 is much worse. there isnt a single player left from that draft

2010 Draft Class Review

Jerry Hughes- who?

Ricardo Matthews- Lolz

Conner lead the nfl in tackles behind the line last year. He has been a steal for a seventh round pick. By far him and angerer have been the best of that class

This isn't a surprise nor something to be worried about. Clearly replacable by what we have on the roster. His injuries and lack of production likely is the reason. If Arians didn't think he could use him why is he on the roster? It isn't enough to be a good blocking TE...you have to be able to do other things and add value elsewhere because this team can't afford the luxury of one dimensional players.

I guarantee you Andy "if" Indy felt this man could stay healthy through an NFL season he would be on this roster. But he cannot do it.

That is why he is gone, not because he had nothing to offer. He had a TON to offer.

He's missed 5 games in the last 2 years...He just shows up on the injury report a lot.

Health isn't the problem.

everyone keeps saying how good a blocker brody was. can someone point out to me one significant block hes made? honsetly i really dont remember.

Giants game his rookie season. Cris Collinsworth did a great job of highlighting him that night and the job he was doing as a blocker. I know that was a while ago but Collinsworth feel in love with him that night and was going out of his way to highlight him.

He's missed 5 games in the last 2 years...He just shows up on the injury report a lot.

Health isn't the problem.

Andy... how many of those games did Mr. Eldridge FINISH? He tapped out more that Joe did. The dude was hurt constantly. But when he was around long enough to make a contribution he helped the run game by a mile.

No big deal, since the OL is now an area of focus... hopefully. But Addai played in many games also, and how many did he finish?

Giants game his rookie season. Cris Collinsworth did a great job of highlighting him that night and the job he was doing as a blocker. I know that was a while ago but Collinsworth feel in love with him that night and was going out of his way to highlight him.

And for good reason, Brody helped the running game. But.... he, Brackett, Clark, Addai, and Melvin are ALL gone now because they are injury prone as heck.

I don't remember that game , but I think most of his beter games as a blocking TE took place in college. I just can't remember him contributing much as a receiver or a blocker for the Colts.