Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Terrell Owens on Dr. Phil Show

shecolt

I want details....

Are you saying that you want more details about the show?

If so, the linked article tells us that T.O. will be confronted by 3 of the mothers of his 4 children who are accusing him of being a deadbeat dad.

And, it also sounds like he will be sharing his sob story about how he went from earning 80 million over the course of his NFL career to now being pretty much broke.

Are you saying that you want more details about the show?

If so, the linked article tells us that T.O. will be confronted by 3 of the mothers of his 4 children who are accusing him of being a deadbeat dad.

And, it also sounds like he will be sharing his sob story about how he went from earning 80 million over the course of his NFL career to now being pretty much broke.

That's just craziness. But I don't believe for a second those woman didn't get large sums of money from him.

That's just craziness. But I don't believe for a second those woman didn't get large sums of money from him.

Well I don't watch Dr Phil regularly but he checks out his people to make sure their claim is valid before having them on the show so I would tend to believe they are telling the truth. He does give freely to many people to be a big shot but he probably is a dead beat Dad. Paying child support doesn't make you a big shot but you should take care of your children in my opinion. If he made close to 80 million and close to being broke he has a problem in my opinion like a lot of professional players that don't take care of their money. What most of us couldn't do with even a small amount of what they make. :sigh:

Well I don't watch Dr Phil regularly but he checks out his people to make sure their claim is valid before having them on the show so I would tend to believe they are telling the truth. He does give freely to many people to be a big shot but he probably is a dead beat Dad. Paying child support doesn't make you a big shot but you should take care of your children in my opinion. If he made close to 80 million and close to being broke he has a problem in my opinion like a lot of professional players that don't take care of their money. What most of us couldn't do with even a small amount of what they make. :sigh:

His 'problem' may be that he has four children by three women.

He's not that bright.

I didn't watch the whole episode, just a couple of clips on youtube. It was actually pretty sad to watch. I feel like he has no control over his life. The man made $80 mil over his NFL career and is having money troubles. I think he feels like everyone is out to get him and he is in a "me against the world" mentality

He needs to keep his pants zipped if he doesn't want to pay child support. haha Simple Keep it Zipped.

Like Malcolm X said in summary...This not an exact quote: "Any animal can give birth to an offspring, but it takes a real man to be a father to provide & care for a child."

He needs to keep his pants zipped if he doesn't want to pay child support. haha Simple Keep it Zipped.

.....after you have 2 kids by 2 different women....

.................to have a 3rd???? by a 3rd woman????

....is to demonstrate that you dont think about what you are doing..

..and you definetly need a real psychiatrist, not Dr. Phil.

I watched the show and T.O. did not cry. But, he did a lot of eye rolling :rollseyes: and looked angry at times.

No mention was made of the fourth mother so I don't know what her story is.

T.O. basically said that the three women were golddiggers. That the media isn't portraying him correctly and won't allow him to turn over a new leaf. He wants to be a better man, but the public won't allow him to change.

He talked about his father and how the man was never there for him as a child and how hard that was. He didn't even know who his father was until he was ten and then found out that his father lived across the street.

Said he would like to have a better relationship with his children, but his career doesn't give him the time.

The first woman was the mother of their 7-year old. T.O. has seen this daughter 12 times in 7 years. He doesn't feel he should have to send birthday or Christmas gifts because he pays support. He would call the girl, but it is really hard to talk to her on the phone.

The next two stories were similar. T.O's 14-year old son has only seen his father 5 times over the past 5 years.

He also said that he never had serious plans to commit himself to any of these four women and that both he and these women were just irresponsible.

I watched the show and T.O. did not cry. But, he did a lot of eye rolling :rollseyes: and looked angry at times.

No mention was made of the fourth mother so I don't know what her story is.

T.O. basically said that the three women were golddiggers. That the media isn't portraying him correctly and won't allow him to turn over a new leaf. He wants to be a better man, but the public won't allow him to change.

He talked about his father and how the man was never there for him as a child and how hard that was. He didn't even know who his father was until he was ten and then found out that his father lived across the street.

Said he would like to have a better relationship with his children, but his career doesn't give him the time.

The first woman was the mother of their 7-year old. T.O. has seen this daughter 12 times in 7 years. He doesn't feel he should have to send birthday or Christmas gifts because he pays support. He would call the girl, but it is really hard to talk to her on the phone.

The next two stories were similar. T.O's 14-year old son has only seen his father 5 times over the past 5 years.

He also said that he never had serious plans to commit himself to any of these four women and that both he and these women were just irresponsible.

The bold part pretty much sums up what he explains in the rest of the story.

Pathetic - I saw some clips on ESPN. He is blaming everyone else because he can't become a better man? It's not about what the public thinks - it's about what he does. And he doesn't have time for his kids because of his career? What career is he talking about? I would think he would have plenty of time now.

Basically he still isn't willing to take responsibility for where he is in his life.

well i agree that TO is not a role moder for anyone looking for a role model father, and that he just looks for everyone to blame as to why he cant be a better man but cmon, those women... you dont need 3000k to raise achild per month, and quite honestly, i do understand that they want TO to be involved with his son/daughter, but i think they would STHU if TO had the money to keep paying for whatever his monthly support was. they knew who TO was, tthey wanted the attention and the celebrity that TO is...they got all of it, including the fact that he is an A***

Yes, his said story was on ESPN yesterday. Playing in Arena Football making next to nothing now. Problem is he still thinks he is the top performer. Unfortunately none of the teams agree with him. Didn't like his attitude when he was playing and a performer, his attitude has come back to haunt him.