Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The N"if"L

21isSuperman

Inspired by Dave Dameshek from NFL.com, I've decided to start an N"if"L thread. In this thread, you take one scenario from the NFL and play it out in a different way than what really happened. For example, you could do "what would have happened if Andrew Luck declared for the NFL draft last year?" and make your own scenario. Have fun with these, you can make them as crazy as you want. Try to keep it clean, please.

If you need some motivation, here is Dameshek's N"if"L version of "what if Andrew Luck declared for the 2011 draft?" and here are all of the other N"if"L videos he has done. I don't care much for his analysis of the NFL, but Dameshek does make me laugh every once in a while.

Here is mine (that I posted in another thread):

What if the Pats tried to sign Peyton?

Reports will come out that they tried to sign Peyton and Brady will get mad Jay Cutler style and demand a trade. It will cause such a rift within the organization that both Brady and Belichick are let go. Belichick feels alone, so he goes to the one team he has always envied and joins the Colts' coaching staff. Using his intelligence and clever mind, Belichick convinces all the other players in Indy to re-structure their contracts to create enough cap space for Peyton to come back (Elway is in such shock that he calls Peyton and says he has been released when he meant he wanted to debrief him on the team's plans this upcoming season). Meanwhile, Bob Sanders has changed his workout regimen, so he never gets injured and he returns to Indy to lead the defense. Peyton returns to Indy and takes care of the offense while Pagano, Belichick, and Bob take care of the defense and Indy goes 57-0 over the next 3 seasons en route to 3 consecutive Super Bowls and Peyton shattering the record books and winning even more MVPs while Bob wins a few more DPOY awards, and becomes the best defensive player in the history of the game as well as in the top 5 players of all time. Peyton retires with his status cemented as the best player in the history of the league and Luck takes over. Peyton comes back as the offense coordinator, so the coaching staff includes Peyton, Belichick, and Pagano. The three spearhead the team and continue the trend of winning Super Bowls they previously set during Peyton's playing years. Eventually, Peyton takes over the head coaching position and brings in Bob Sanders as the defensive coordinator and Dallas Clark as the offensive coordinator. Bob's defense plays better than the '76 Steelers and '85 Bears and he is credited as one of the game's most brilliant defensive minds. Luck plays very well and enjoys similar, though not identical, success to Peyton, but the Lombardi trophies keep making their way to Indy.

Let's see what you've got!

My favorite what if. What if Steven Jackson were on a team other than the rams.

End Game. He's a first ballot HOF who's talents are appreciated.

That's so frustrating to watch! He's such a talented player and he gives 100% each year and each year, he puts up 1000+ yards despite being the team's only offensive option. Teams like the Steelers, Saints, and Eagles could have had him in the draft, though RB wasn't a huge need for them. You should make one about that scenario. It would be fun to read

That's so frustrating to watch! He's such a talented player and he gives 100% each year and each year, he puts up 1000+ yards despite being the team's only offensive option. Teams like the Steelers, Saints, and Eagles could have had him in the draft, though RB wasn't a huge need for them. You should make one about that scenario. It would be fun to read

What if Eli Manning didnt force a trade from San Diego?

San Diego starting quarterback Eli Manning has a difficult start to his career...constantly being stuck behind the shadow of big brother Peyton. The New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts are now at the height of their rivalry...New England having won the Superbowl in 2001, 2003, and 2004, and Indianapolis coming off their first championship in 2006. The Patriots reload for the 2007 season after being torched by Peyton Manning and the Colts in the 2006 AFCCG, and they go on to complete the first ever 19-0 season by defeating Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers in Superbowl 42. The next few years belong to the Colts though, as they face the San Diego Chargers in both the 2008 and 2009 postseasons, where Peyton ousts younger brother Eli in consecutive seasons, propelling the Colts to back to back Superbowl victories. The following season, the Colts become the first team to win back-to-back-to back Superbowls, defeating the New Orleans Saints in Superbowl 45 and completing just the second undefeated season in NFL history. Not to be outdone, the New England Patriots make it back to the Superbowl again in 2011 and defeat the San Francisco 49ers for their 5th Championship. In 2012, Peyton Manning leads his 4-time Superbowl Champion Colts into Gillette Stadium to face Tom Brady and the 5-time Superbowl Champion Patriots in the AFC Championship game... ... ... ...

The Lucas Oil Stadium deal fell thru and never happened..... and the Colts moved to Los Angeles.

1. Okay, my life-long favorite NFL team is now a 40 minute drive down the freeway!!

2. Ooooops, Forgot about the L.A. traffic.... my lifelong favorite NFL team is now 2 hours away.

3. Okay, I'll deal with the drive and the traffic.... besides, the all-classy Colts organization is now in L.A.

4. Ooooops. Forgot about all the Raider fans (gang members) that now infest most sporting venues in L.A..... and who wouldn't know class if it bit 'em in their rass.

5. Okay, I'll spend the extra bucks for REALLY NICE season tickets so I can get the valet parking and sit an a safe section of the Colts new stadium.

6. Ooooops. I get laughed out of the Colts ticket sales office because THAT costs more than Steven Spielberg's beach house.

7. Okay, there are some really nice sports bars close to the Colts new stadium so I'll just have to settle for watching games there.

8. Ooooops. The patrons of those bars are "futbol" fans and not "football" fans so I get to watch Guadalajara vs Michoacan and eat food that gives me the runs.

9. Okay, so I scour L.A. a little more for sports bars that promise to show NFL games and I find a bunch.

10. Ooooops. SoCal is SoFull of fans from every other stinkin' NFL city that the bar crowd couldn't give a crap whether the Colts win or lose.... and there are 10 giant screens and a hodgepodge of noise blaring from every game being broadcasted along with drunken degenerate gamblers cursing their losses.

Thank you Jim Irsay.... you did the right thing.... and when I want to see a Colts home game I'll just buy the tickets and fly to Indy. THAT city deserves it!

I'll keep doing DirecTV and sizzlin' up steaks on my backyard grill.

"Honey.... could ya grab me another beer please?" ( A whole 6-pack for 8 bucks!!) :yes:

San Diego starting quarterback Eli Manning has a difficult start to his career...constantly being stuck behind the shadow of big brother Peyton. The New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts are now at the height of their rivalry...New England having won the Superbowl in 2001, 2003, and 2004, and Indianapolis coming off their first championship in 2006. The Patriots reload for the 2007 season after being torched by Peyton Manning and the Colts in the 2006 AFCCG, and they go on to complete the first ever 19-0 season by defeating Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers in Superbowl 42. The next few years belong to the Colts though, as they face the San Diego Chargers in both the 2008 and 2009 postseasons, where Peyton ousts younger brother Eli in consecutive seasons, propelling the Colts to back to back Superbowl victories. The following season, the Colts become the first team to win back-to-back-to back Superbowls, defeating the New Orleans Saints in Superbowl 45 and completing just the second undefeated season in NFL history. Not to be outdone, the New England Patriots make it back to the Superbowl again in 2011 and defeat the San Francisco 49ers for their 5th Championship. In 2012, Peyton Manning leads his 4-time Superbowl Champion Colts into Gillette Stadium to face Tom Brady and the 5-time Superbowl Champion Patriots in the AFC Championship game... ... ... ...

That story ended too soon!

The Lucas Oil Stadium deal fell thru and never happened..... and the Colts moved to Los Angeles.

1. Okay, my life-long favorite NFL team is now a 40 minute drive down the freeway!!

2. Ooooops, Forgot about the L.A. traffic.... my lifelong favorite NFL team is now 2 hours away.

3. Okay, I'll deal with the drive and the traffic.... besides, the all-classy Colts organization is now in L.A.

4. Ooooops. Forgot about all the Raider fans (gang members) that now infest most sporting venues in L.A..... and who wouldn't know class if it bit 'em in their rass.

5. Okay, I'll spend the extra bucks for REALLY NICE season tickets so I can get the valet parking and sit an a safe section of the Colts new stadium.

6. Ooooops. I get laughed out of the Colts ticket sales office because THAT costs more than Steven Spielberg's beach house.

7. Okay, there are some really nice sports bars close to the Colts new stadium so I'll just have to settle for watching games there.

8. Ooooops. The patrons of those bars are "futbol" fans and not "football" fans so I get to watch Guadalajara vs Michoacan and eat food that gives me the runs.

9. Okay, so I scour L.A. a little more for sports bars that promise to show NFL games and I find a bunch.

10. Ooooops. SoCal is SoFull of fans from every other stinkin' NFL city that the bar crowd couldn't give a crap whether the Colts win or lose.... and there are 10 giant screens and a hodgepodge of noise blaring from every game being broadcasted along with drunken degenerate gamblers cursing their losses.

Thank you Jim Irsay.... you did the right thing.... and when I want to see a Colts home game I'll just buy the tickets and fly to Indy. THAT city deserves it!

I'll keep doing DirecTV and sizzlin' up steaks on my backyard grill.

"Honey.... could ya grab me another beer please?" ( A whole 6-pack for 8 bucks!!) :yes:

haha that was awesome!

The N"if"L - What if Jerry Hughes had never gone to the Colts?

Jerry Hughes - arguably one of the Colts most infamous 1st round draft picks - had a knack for doing, well... nothing! Hughes was intended as a perennial DE backup for Mathis and Freeney. Instead, Hughes rarely saw the field with the exception of special teams. Speaking of special teams, remember that poor tackling attempt he made against the Jets in the 2010 Wildcard match; or namely, no tackling attempt at all!? If that hadn't happened, the Colts wouldn't have given up a 47yd kickoff-return, Caldwell would never have been criticized for calling that awful timeout, we never would have seen Manning visibly disgusted over his head coach, and the Colts would have won and played next week against their epic rival, the New England Patriots.

New England has a better record against the Colts in the playoffs, so the Patriots would likely survive instead of being eliminated like they were against the Jets. The Steelers would have played at Gillette against New England, where cold weather and strong home-field advantage would net New England a 2nd win, moving them to the Superbowl. Fans would then discuss a 2010 Superbowl match between New England vs. Green Bay!

So congratulations, Jerry Hughes. By allowing the Jets to win, you stopped New England from reaching the Superbowl!

I'd be fine with that. However, the Giants would still be a good team with Rivers.

Jerry Hughes - arguably one of the Colts most infamous 1st round draft picks - had a knack for doing, well... nothing! Hughes was intended as a perennial DE backup for Mathis and Freeney. Instead, Hughes rarely saw the field with the exception of special teams. Speaking of special teams, remember that poor tackling attempt he made against the Jets in the 2010 Wildcard match; or namely, no tackling attempt at all!? If that hadn't happened, the Colts wouldn't have given up a 47yd kickoff-return, Caldwell would never have been criticized for calling that awful timeout, we never would have seen Manning visibly disgusted over his head coach, and the Colts would have won and played next week against their epic rival, the New England Patriots.

The Patriots have a better record against the Colts in the playoffs, so the Patriots would likely have survived instead of getting knocked out like they did against the New York Jets. The Steelers would have had to play at Gillette Stadium against the Patriots, where the cold weather and strong home-field advantage would have netted the Patriots a 2nd win, moving them to the Superbowl. Then fans would be discussing a 2010 Superbowl match between New England vs. Green Bay!

So congratulations, Jerry Hughes. Because you let the Jets win, you stopped New England from reaching the Superbowl!

Or, we beat the Jets on our way to another SB victory, and PMs last game is a SB win. I like that better.

Bob Sanders never gets injured:

Sanders makes the pro bowl 3 years straight then in 2011 he safety blitzes Blaine Gabbert and tragically explodes him. Sanders was never able to live with the guilt. He now resides somewhere on a small island off the coast of Brazil, living out the rest of his days as a solemn fisherman. Sometimes he makes trips back to the US in Vegas to satiate a gambling habit that started as a hobby to forget that fateful day. Sometimes he tries to hard to think back to the schoolyard days with the older bully Martin and little Jo, his best friend from elementary school. Jo used to get picked on by Martin and Bob would always bail Jo out. One day Jo had to move away, but as a parting gift and thanks to Bob, he gave Bob a gold fish. As Jo departs with his family, tears of pride well up in Bob's eyes. This was a pride of the humblest of kinds, a pride to see a friend mature into a strong person.

It's decades later and Bob is back to the reality of a quiet life in Brazil. Looking out into the sea, Bob closes the letter adressed in fine print, the letter to announce Jo has passed. After those days long ago Jo had never forgotten the great things Bob had done for him. He hadn't forgot after he moved away with his family or when he made it through high school then put himself through Yale. He didn't forget when he took his first job, and got married and had his first kid and named him Bobby, he didn't forget when he rose to the top of his profession and was worth over four hundred million in just three years. Jo died of a rare disease, but he died happy. Aside from money to his family, Jo left a sizable inheritance to Bob.

Looking at the letter now back in its envelope, Bob gives it one last look before slipping it into his jacket pocket.

"After all these years I haven't forgotten you either, Old Friend."

Sander's looks over his small fishing home and he imagines the growth the money will bring. He imagines a great fishing ship that he'll name Jewels after the goldfish Jo gave him before they'd last seen one another. He imagines a better a life, a chance to forget, a chance to live. The End.

Is this what you meant? Did I do it right, guys? Guys?

What if poop tasted like ice cream.

I hate this story.

New England has a better record against the Colts in the playoffs, so the Patriots would likely survive instead of being eliminated like they were against the Jets. The Steelers would have played at Gillette against New England, where cold weather and strong home-field advantage would net New England a 2nd win, moving them to the Superbowl. Fans would then discuss a 2010 Superbowl match between New England vs. Green Bay!

So congratulations, Jerry Hughes. By allowing the Jets to win, you stopped New England from reaching the Superbowl!

Great! And Hughes goes from dud to hero! Who would the Colts have taken at 31? Saffold? Gronk?

Bob Sanders never gets injured:

Sanders makes the pro bowl 3 years straight then in 2011 he safety blitzes Blaine Gabbert and tragically explodes him. Sanders was never able to live with the guilt. He now resides somewhere on a small island off the coast of Brazil, living out the rest of his days as a solemn fisherman. Sometimes he makes trips back to the US in Vegas to satiate a gambling habit that started as a hobby to forget that fateful day. Sometimes he tries to hard to think back to the schoolyard days with the older bully Martin and little Jo, his best friend from elementary school. Jo used to get picked on by Martin and Bob would always bail Jo out. One day Jo had to move away, but as a parting gift and thanks to Bob, he gave Bob a gold fish. As Jo departs with his family, tears of pride well up in Bob's eyes. This was a pride of the humblest of kinds, a pride to see a friend mature into a strong person.

It's decades later and Bob is back to the reality of a quiet life in Brazil. Looking out into the sea, Bob closes the letter adressed in fine print, the letter to announce Jo has passed. After those days long ago Jo had never forgotten the great things Bob had done for him. He hadn't forgot after he moved away with his family or when he made it through high school then put himself through Yale. He didn't forget when he took his first job, and got married and had his first kid and named him Bobby, he didn't forget when he rose to the top of his profession and was worth over four hundred million in just three years. Jo died of a rare disease, but he died happy. Aside from money to his family, Jo left a sizable inheritance to Bob.

Looking at the letter now back in its envelope, Bob gives it one last look before slipping it into his jacket pocket.

"After all these years I haven't forgotten you either, Old Friend."

Sander's looks over his small fishing home and he imagines the growth the money will bring. He imagines a great fishing ship that he'll name Jewels after the goldfish Jo gave him before they'd last seen one another. He imagines a better a life, a chance to forget, a chance to live. The End.

Is this what you meant? Did I do it right, guys? Guys?

haha that was much deeper than I expected, but fun to read nonetheless.

• 2 months later...

What happens if RG3 wasn't in this year's draft?

As expected, Luck goes 1st overall. However, the next best offensive weapon is Trent Richardson, not RG3. The Rams, set at RB and LT, ponder taking Blackmon or Floyd at 2, but think that's far too high for him. They trade back to 7, putting Jacksonville at 2. The Jags, not happy with Gabbert as QB, trade for Tebow. They then take LT Matt Kalil at 2, allowing them to move the inconsistent Eugene Monroe to RT. At 3, the Vikings believe it is too early to draft Claiborne and fix their atrocious secondary, so they flip to 4 by trading with the Browns. Cleveland takes Richardson at 3, while Minny begins to hear the phone ring with Dallas' area code on the caller ID. Jerry Jones, who has fallen in love with Claiborne for his incredible intelligence, offers Dez Bryant and a 2nd round pick to the Vikings in exchange for the number 4 pick. The Vikings accept, thinking Dez will be the next Randy Moss, and trade back to 14. Jerry drafts Claiborne at 4, much to the chagrin of Bucs fans. Tampa drafts Mark Barron at 5 and the Jags are on the clock. At 6, the Redskins continue their proud tradition of making questionable moves by drafting Tannehill. The Rams are now on the clock and are more than happy to draft..Michael Floyd over Justin Blackmon! Needing a QB at 8, the Dolphins draft Brandon Weeden and hope Joe Philbin can turn him into something special. At 9, Carolina drafts Gilmore instead of Kuechly because they believe Beason will be just fine. At 10, Buffalo drafts Riley Reiff to make up for the loss of Demetress Bell. So, if RG3 had not been in the 2012 draft, we would have the following:

1 - Indy - Luck

2 - Jacksonville - Kalil

3 - Cleveland - Richardson

4 - Dallas - Claiborne

5 - Tampa - Barron

6 - Washington - Tannehill

7 - St. Louis - Floyd

8 - Miami - Weeden

9 - Carolina - Gilmore

10 - Buffalo - Reiff

What if Jay Cutler doesn't get hurt last year?

The Bears go on to sweep the rest of their games finishing the season at 13-3. The Bears defeat the Packers sending them to 14-2, but they still have the #1 overall seed. Matt Forte never gets hurt at all during the season, and is a major part in why the Bears swept the rest of their games. Tim Tebow loses the game to the Bears and it's not even close. Tebow magic is over, and the Broncos do not go to the playoffs. Instead the chargers make it to the playoffs in their place and lose to the steelers. the steelers then defeat the patriots in an epic showdown. The ravens once again lose to the steelers in the afc championship.

Back to the bears....The bears play the giants in the first week of divisional playoffs and beat the giants! the falcons are the #6 seed and in a dramatic game-winning drive defeat the #3 seeded saints. the falcons get blown off the field by the packers, and the bears win 13-10 to the 49ers. Julius peppers harasses Rodgers all day in the nfc championship and the bears pull of a 21-17 win vs the packers.

The bears play the steeles in the superbowl. After halftime, the score is 3-6, steelers with the lead. Forte runs in a TD at the start of the 4th quarter and the score now reads 10-9, bears winning. Ben throws a td with 3 mins to go but fails on the 2pt conversion and so the score is 10-15. Cutler throws a late int sealing the victory for the steelers.

Peyton manning decides to sign with the baltimore ravens.....the broncos never did anything magical and so he has no interest there. The 49ers lost early on and he doesn't believe they're good enough. After having lost to the steelers again, the ravens decide flacco is not the answer. They sign Manning.

2012- Peyton Manning's offense and Ray Lewis's defense creates the greatest team in the history of the nfl and the ravens go on to win the SB in NO vs Eli Manning's NY Giants.

After the SB win, the world is shocked.

Peyton, Ray, and Ed all retire.

What if Jay Cutler doesn't get hurt last year?

The Bears go on to sweep the rest of their games finishing the season at 13-3. The Bears defeat the Packers sending them to 14-2, but they still have the #1 overall seed. Matt Forte never gets hurt at all during the season, and is a major part in why the Bears swept the rest of their games. Tim Tebow loses the game to the Bears and it's not even close. Tebow magic is over, and the Broncos do not go to the playoffs. Instead the chargers make it to the playoffs in their place and lose to the steelers. the steelers then defeat the patriots in an epic showdown. The ravens once again lose to the steelers in the afc championship.

Back to the bears....The bears play the giants in the first week of divisional playoffs and beat the giants! the falcons are the #6 seed and in a dramatic game-winning drive defeat the #3 seeded saints. the falcons get blown off the field by the packers, and the bears win 13-10 to the 49ers. Julius peppers harasses Rodgers all day in the nfc championship and the bears pull of a 21-17 win vs the packers.

The bears play the steeles in the superbowl. After halftime, the score is 3-6, steelers with the lead. Forte runs in a TD at the start of the 4th quarter and the score now reads 10-9, bears winning. Ben throws a td with 3 mins to go but fails on the 2pt conversion and so the score is 10-15. Cutler throws a late int sealing the victory for the steelers.

Peyton manning decides to sign with the baltimore ravens.....the broncos never did anything magical and so he has no interest there. The 49ers lost early on and he doesn't believe they're good enough. After having lost to the steelers again, the ravens decide flacco is not the answer. They sign Manning.

2012- Peyton Manning's offense and Ray Lewis's defense creates the greatest team in the history of the nfl and the ravens go on to win the SB in NO vs Eli Manning's NY Giants.

After the SB win, the world is shocked.

Peyton, Ray, and Ed all retire.

That was fun to read!

What If Asante Samual had Intercepted the ball on the Giants last drive in the 2007 SB.

This time instead of the ball going through Samuals hands he makes the grab and runs it back the distance for a game sealing TD. Tom Brady then proceeds take the knee and Samual is named the games MVP for his spectacular INT and return for the TD.

In the offseason the Pats franchise Samual and the redskins sign him and work out a deal where they give up their two 2008 2nd round draft pick and 2009 1st round pick. The Pats Trade the 34th pick to the Oakland raiders for their #1 pick in 2009 and select DeSean Jackson with the 48th pick.

In 2009 the Pats draft at #7 BJ Raji and at #13 Brian Cushing... cementing their defense into a formidable unit and the Pats with the Tom Brady lef offense and a resurgent D take 5 out of 6 SB from 2007- 2012 cementing themselves as the greatest DYNASTY in NFL history.

That was a good one. How Elway might have changed things.

But I still think we came out with a better deal in getting Peyton.

We would still have Peyton (depending on if you would be a Colts fan or an Indy Pilgrims fan).

Hm...time for another one.

What would have happened if Peyton signed with the 49ers:

The other teams in the Peyton race included Denver, Tennessee, Miami, and Arizona. So let's see what would have happened to each team.

49ers - Peyton goes to San Fran, knowing he is a very good tight end, solid O-line, and good RB. Many of the 49ers moves remain the same this offeason, as they add Moss, and Manningham. However, they don't add Jacobs and do add Pierre Garcon and Jeff Saturday. In the draft, they take Doug Martin instead of Jenkins. With a strong set of weapons around him and the league's best defense, Peyton leads the 49ers to 50 wins in 4 seasons, adding 3 Super Bowls and another league MVP to his trophy case. He regains the single season TD pass record thanks in large part to Gore and Martin selling the play action and Moss and Garcon having their speed to go deep. He cements his legacy as the greatest player ever (and now, I hide).

Nothing changes in Tennessee.

Miami - The Dolphins sign Alex Smith, but still feel as though he would benefit from being in a QB competition. They don't draft Tannehill because they believe the competition between Smith and Moore is enough. They also don't sign Garrard. At 8, the Phins take Michael Floyd.

Arizona - Now having to play a great QB twice a year backed up a strong defense and not sold on Kolb or Skelton, the Cards make a big push and sign Matt Flynn, who does very well under the offensive guidance of Whisenhunt. In Seattle, Russell Wilson becomes the starter.

Denver - Having missed out on Peyton and stuck with Tebow, Elway is desperate to make a move. In the draft, he takes Harrison Smith at 25 and Brock Osweiller in the 2nd round. They bring back Orton for 2 years while Brock learns under him. Tamme does not sign with Denver and instead signs again with Indy. The Colts take Upshaw in the 2nd round (please don't hurt me) and Allen in the 3rd. The Broncos trade Tebow to...the Cowboys! That's right, the Cowboys get Tim Tebow (and if you were sick of Tebow coverage in the real world, be glad this didn't happen). Jason Garrett uses Tebow as a TE/full back/wildcat QB and Tebow has moderate success. Osweiller turns into a decent but not elite QB and the Broncos, unhappy with Elway's poor drafting and team building, fire him.

Ok i saw 21issupermans thread about the N"if"L which got me to think one question. What if Nick Harper didnt get caught by Roethlisberger?? Well this is what i got.

1. Harper picks up the fumble and heads for the endzone. He then decides to cut left and dodges Roethisberger. Colts defense shuts them down for the remaining minute and they win 25-21.

2. Now the colts host the AFC Championship vs the broncos. They easily take them out now facing the Seahwks in the super bowl. Then becoming World Champs.

3. This causes Edge to rethink and then signs a small 3yr contract to retire while in indy. The next year the Colts go and repeat vs the bears winning two super bowls in a row.

4. A year after the giants upset the pats. The Colts make it vs the cardinals in the super bowl. They take another victory and then edge retires in indy takes home 3 super bowl rings and in super bowl XLIII hes named the MVP.

5. The colts fall to the saints the next year and Manning still has his injury. But he leaves indy with 4 super bowl apperences and 3 wins and 2 MVP awards. While edge retires with 3 sb wins. Manning is dubbed the best QB to ever play in the NFL.

Thats my N"if"L

What if the Saints actually stopped the Niners on the final drive?

What if Green Bay actually had a defense last year that didn't give up 400 yards and 30+ points a game?

What if Flacco completed one of those final passes in the end zone against New England?

What if the Steelers defense got it together against Denver?

What if Rex Ryan wasn't a big mouth?

What if Jerry Jones wasn't around to make us laugh all the time?

We can play this game all day long :D

What if Lee Evans had caught that TD in the AFC Championship game:

Unable to muster up a comeback, the Pats lose the AFC Championship game while the Ravens move on to the Super Bowl. Despite their strong defense, the Ravens lose because their O-line can't stop the Giants' pass rush. However, the Ravens defense holds Eli to less than 200 yards passing in what turns out to be an old-school, smash mouth football game. Because of his defense's strong performance, Pagano is an even bigger candidate for a head coaching role and he lands with Tampa. Indy instead hires Perry Fewell as the head coach. Fewell hires Arians and Spagnuolo as his coordinators and hire Brian Billick and Bill Cowher to be in advisory roles. The Pats attack the draft aggressively and trade up to draft Stephon Gilmore to shore up their secondary. Meanwhile, the Ravens trade up to draft DeCastro so as to improve their offensive line. Welker remains known for his great hands while analysts begin to question the Pats and Belichick, as their only playoff win since their loss in Super Bowl 41 has been against the offensively-incompetent Denver Broncos led by Tim Tebow. Fewell keeps the Colts as a base 4-3 defense, but throws in some 3-4 packages and plays more press coverage with the secondary. The Colts turn into the league's best pass defense, with a triple threat pass rush of Freeney, Hughes, and Mathis causing many turnovers. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed retire after winning a championship. Reed takes a few years away from the game while Lewis becomes a quality control coach on the Ravens' defense.

What if the Pats had won the 2006 AFCCG Game?

The Pats go on and destroy the Bears and win their 4th title in 7 years and talks of the greatest Dynasty ever starts coming up. Spygate is COMPLETLY Squashed by the NFL as they do not want their reighning SB Champs be embarrassed, But the commish still tongue lashes BB and ticks him off so he goes out and still trades for Moss and Welker. The team goes 18-0 and in the final play of the fame Seau takes a knee to win his 1st and only SB.

• 2 weeks later...

I got one what if the Chargers kept Drew Brees? The Chargers decide to keep Brees and wait out on his shoulder injury instead of drafting Eli. Once the draft hits the Chargers have the first pick instead of going QB they take a young WR by the name of Larry Fitzgerald. This causes the Giants to take Eli without a trade, Pittsburgh takes Rivers as he falls to him, then the Saints draft Roethisberger since they couldnt sign Brees. The year starts out with Rivers lighting up the feild taking the 15-1 Steelers to the Super Bowl to face the home town rival Philedelphia Eagles. The Eagles supply one of the biggest NFL upsets. While next year the Steelers dont take the same playoff path so they dont face the Colts. Then the Colts go back to back vs Seahawks and Bears then win two super bowls. The next year the Chargers have had three years to build a monster they upset the 16-0 patriots and go face the Giants. Instead the Chargers pull off a win ending the Giants run. This causes Coughlin to get fired he than finds a home in Minnesoda where he decides to forget Brett Favre and go with Michael Vick. The next year had the newly refined Chargers going to face the Cardinals in the Super Bowl. The Chargers win back to back. While the next year the Saints never were able to find any sucess under Roethisberger witch finds the Vick lead Vikings to the SB vs the Colts where the Colts take the win. Next year the newly lead Steelers finally find success and reach the SB vs the Packers only to find them selves fall short. This leads to Tomlin getting fired and the Steelers getting Harbaugh. Tomlin then takes his talents to SF. The newly lead 9ers get to the Super Bowl facing the Chargers. But Tomlin finally gets success and puts the 9ers at 6-0 in the super bowl. The next year then leads to Tomlin pulling the trigger to sign Manning.

I got one what if the Chargers kept Drew Brees? The Chargers decide to keep Brees and wait out on his shoulder injury instead of drafting Eli. Once the draft hits the Chargers have the first pick instead of going QB they take a young WR by the name of Larry Fitzgerald. This causes the Giants to take Eli without a trade, Pittsburgh takes Rivers as he falls to him, then the Saints draft Roethisberger since they couldnt sign Brees. The year starts out with Rivers lighting up the feild taking the 15-1 Steelers to the Super Bowl to face the home town rival Philedelphia Eagles. The Eagles supply one of the biggest NFL upsets. While next year the Steelers dont take the same playoff path so they dont face the Colts. Then the Colts go back to back vs Seahawks and Bears then win two super bowls. The next year the Chargers have had three years to build a monster they upset the 16-0 patriots and go face the Giants. Instead the Chargers pull off a win ending the Giants run. This causes Coughlin to get fired he than finds a home in Minnesoda where he decides to forget Brett Favre and go with Michael Vick. The next year had the newly refined Chargers going to face the Cardinals in the Super Bowl. The Chargers win back to back. While the next year the Saints never were able to find any sucess under Roethisberger witch finds the Vick lead Vikings to the SB vs the Colts where the Colts take the win. Next year the newly lead Steelers finally find success and reach the SB vs the Packers only to find them selves fall short. This leads to Tomlin getting fired and the Steelers getting Harbaugh. Tomlin then takes his talents to SF. The newly lead 9ers get to the Super Bowl facing the Chargers. But Tomlin finally gets success and puts the 9ers at 6-0 in the super bowl. The next year then leads to Tomlin pulling the trigger to sign Manning.

haha that was sweet!