Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cooper Kupp is available for a 2nd. IF they don't trade for him....

ColtAndOrioles

7 hours ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Cupp was great and may have some juice left, but not a need. If I were Ballard, Cleveland is where I would have exploratory conversations.   Garrett, Njoku, and to a lesser degree Newsome are players that could help the Colts a lot. 

Trade multiple 1sts to Cleveland for Watson then sign him to $500 million fully guaranteed contract. This is the colts answer to all our prayers haha 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

That would be cool, but I bet the colts sit on their hands. Some teams try harder than others. The Chiefs for example.

STOP!!!    The Chiefs are in the win now mode. And can win the SB.   They can afford to make these kind of splashes.  The Colts are nowhere near that

15 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

STOP!!!    The Chiefs are in the win now mode. And can win the SB.   They can afford to make these kind of splashes.  The Colts are nowhere near that

I wouldn’t say it’s a huge splash. They gave up a fifth round pick for him. Every team should be in win now mode.

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2024 at 6:45 PM, ColtAndOrioles said:

Then Ballard can just resign now because he isn't even trying.  He is the perfect guy for AR to learn and get better.  As sure handed as a WR gets and knows how to get open.

A WR corp of Kupp, Pittman, Pierce, AD and Downs may be the single best WR corp in football.  And don't mention cap space, the Colts have plenty of it.

All for a 2nd round pick?  How many 2nd round picks in the past 8 years are better than Kupp?

This is a no brainer if you really want to help AR develop and would correct the mistake for not trading up and taking Brock Bowers this past draft.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rams-reportedly-looking-to-trade-wr-cooper-kupp-in-exchange-for-second-round-pick-182056168.html

we saw what stroud is without nico, not near as good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Dallas Cowboys Football GIF by ScooterMagruder

Post your memes and GIFs.  I deal in reality.

Kupp just showed why he is so valuable with that TD.

BECAUSE HE KNOWS HOW TO GET OPEN. 

Which is the main thing AR needs out of a WR right now.  Getting open and making the catch each and every time.  Which is what CK does.  Not to mention he gets open fast.  Quickly.  He is not a guy that needs multiple seconds to create space. 

I am always astounded by fan forums like this one where fans never want to trade for anything.....all because "we believe in our guys".

They either say the guy is too old.  Have to pay him too much.  Or isn't worth what the Colts would have to give up for him.

Seen this a million times.  Meanwhile the Colts haven't won a division title in years.  Let alone a SB.  How is that strategy working out for you?

Forget about what CK could do for the Colts in the next 2 years as far as making the playoffs.  How about CK giving AR the chance and opportunity to actually throw to one of the best WRs I have seen since Marvin Harrison?  Wouldn't that help his development?  Or do we want to continue to have him throw under 50% for the next 2 years?  

44 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

Which is the main thing AR needs out of a WR right now.  Getting open and making the catch each and every time.  Which is what CK does.  Not to mention he gets open fast.  Quickly.  He is not a guy that needs multiple seconds to create space. 

I am always astounded by fan forums like this one where fans never want to trade for anything.....all because "we believe in our guys".

They either say the guy is too old.  Have to pay him too much.  Or isn't worth what the Colts would have to give up for him.

Seen this a million times.  Meanwhile the Colts haven't won a division title in years.  Let alone a SB.  How is that strategy working out for you?

Forget about what CK could do for the Colts in the next 2 years as far as making the playoffs.  How about CK giving AR the chance and opportunity to actually throw to one of the best WRs I have seen since Marvin Harrison?  Wouldn't that help his development?  Or do we want to continue to have him throw under 50% for the next 2 years?  

Far from reality. You know, considering there is almost zero chance Cooper Kupp is traded to the Indianapolis Colts. But go on...

Jack Black Smile GIF

Cooper is 31...thats the backside of a WR career...look how fast almost all decline at that age...then look at his contract.

if you were still in his 20s sure, but he’s not so I would rather keep the second round pick because we’re going to need as many high picks as we can get if we are pretty well rebuilding now.

• Like 1

Just because Kupp can run amazing routes and get open doesn’t mean the QB who tosses those balls make them automatic…I mean with AR they are nowhere near automatic…AR has a long way to go to get the full value out of stellar receivers… with his inaccuracies and lack of knowledge/experience in reading the defense Kupp wouldn’t change much for our offense. IMO.

again, not the area this team should sacrifice high draft pick for.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2024 at 6:45 PM, ColtAndOrioles said:

Then Ballard can just resign now because he isn't even trying.  He is the perfect guy for AR to learn and get better.  As sure handed as a WR gets and knows how to get open.

A WR corp of Kupp, Pittman, Pierce, AD and Downs may be the single best WR corp in football.  And don't mention cap space, the Colts have plenty of it.

All for a 2nd round pick?  How many 2nd round picks in the past 8 years are better than Kupp?

This is a no brainer if you really want to help AR develop and would correct the mistake for not trading up and taking Brock Bowers this past draft.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rams-reportedly-looking-to-trade-wr-cooper-kupp-in-exchange-for-second-round-pick-182056168.html

Kupp may not be a position of biggest need but he would make the team better, as would have some other WR's  that were traded recently. And that's what a team should do that's serious about winning. 

Question is Are the Colts serious about winning???  

Will colts make a deal to get better???

We all know that this or any other deal to raise the needle significantly is highly unlikely.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

With the Rams winning the last couple of games they are probably going to keep Kupp.  The Rams all of a sudden are only 1 game behind the Seahawks. 

Exactly. 

49ers are decimated with injuries, Seahawks and Cardinals aren’t world beaters. The division is very much still in play with Matthew Stafford at the helm. 

We just saw what the offense can do with Kupp, Nacua, and Williams all healthy. 

Close to zero chance the Rams trade Kupp. 

7 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Just because Kupp can run amazing routes and get open doesn’t mean the QB who tosses those balls make them automatic…

Correct. Which is why I laughed out loud at this 

12 hours ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

Which is the main thing AR needs out of a WR right now.  Getting open and making the catch each and every time.  Which is what CK does.

Main thing AR needs is not a 31 year old with an injury history when he has the best receiving core this franchise has had in Ballard's tenure. What he needs is to develop his footwork and get the ball to his receivers. What this team needs to do is not trade a 2nd round pick, unless its for a player that we are certain can be a longterm solution at a position of need/importance. All I see in adding another receiver to the room is crucial snaps taken away from Pierce and AD. It doesn't guarantee any improvement in the offense. But, what can  you say... A lot of Madden experts on this forum.

On 10/22/2024 at 7:03 PM, Hoose said:

Kupp would be a great addition to a team vying for a championship. That’s not the Colts right now. 
The Colts need:

1. A better defensive backfield.

2. Better linebackers

3. A new DC

4. An impact TE

5. Another talented D tackle to back up and eventually replace our starters. 

That’s where they should spend their money and their draft picks. 

Maybe the DC is doing all he can with the limited talent on defense. 

For whatever it’s worth….  McKay, the Rams head coach says he expects Kupp to stay with the team.  

So, I think there were 4 or 5 trades involving WRs and none of the teams acquired Kupp.  

I like Cooper Kupp as much as the next guy.   But he hasn’t had a Kupp-Level season since 2021. 

2022:   Kupp played 9 games

2023:   Kupp played 12 games

2024:   Kupp played 2 games.  

That’s it.  Injuries have taken a big toll.    He’s not the same player we all remember.  

15 hours ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

Cooper Kupp isn’t helping our team stop other teams from running all over us. Only receiver they should have probably traded for was Jefferson but I think the cost was way too high

On 10/22/2024 at 6:56 PM, ColtAndOrioles said:

I don't think you guys understand how good Kupp is.  I see him play every week.

He is 5 x better than any WR we have.   And it isn't even close.   Granted...when he is healthy. 

But to teach a QB like AR how to throw a ball, be accurate, and know that the ball will be caught?  He is maybe the best I have ever seen other than Marvin H. 

teach?  I didn't know Kupp was a QB.