Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Dolphins post game thread

GoColts8818

4 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

It absolutely played into our hands. Even just a simple pick play underneath to get the ball into his hands and see if he could find some open space to work in would have been better than just ignoring him entirely. He’s literally the fastest player in the league, and he’s learned to use that to his extreme advantage over the duration of his career, it’s inexcusable not to take more advantage of that. 

We weren’t just locking him down as is being intimated here. That doesn’t happen often, and even the few times defenses have kept him covered for the majority of a game, he’s still been targeted more than a whopping two times. 

It’s coaching malpractice. 

How bout this and don't read into our defences performance to much. Miami's qbing sucks bad after Tua.

• Like 1

For me, speaking only for me, I'm over the blah that this team has become. I am negative as this team has basically put me here.

It's one thing to be excited when your child is taking baby steps, and you are patient and calm and looking forward to the future but this a grown adult football team here, not your child, where these guys get paid millions to excel and excel quickly.  

At this point I really could care about wins or losses. There was another poster who mentioned the same junk year in and out where we have a middle record of mediocrity that puts us in a not so favorable position to acquire top tier talent in the draft and when we have been in that position, Nelson is the only one so far that has shown up. This has been a common theme over the years lately in Indy. There have been a few other players drafted outside of round one that have been decent but not enough to sustain good football play consistently.

It's weird. It's like most of these players over the last 8 years have come to Indy and just taken forever to get better. It's like Ballard tells them to not get good fast as he is all about the delayed gratification..Ha!! <Joking Or, and the most plausible reason, these players just are not that good or the coaches coaching them, or both. 

Our coaches stink too. The scheme is being terribly translated or it just isn't clicking in all phases really. There seems to be no identity or plan here and everything at a lot of times seems sporadic and if there is a plan then these players are having a hard time executing it. Injuries mean nothing. All teams have them. When injuries hit, some teams still excel, some do not. We clearly do not and even when these players were full health we still stunk, except when Flacco came in (a guy who can actually play football well), so the injury thing is just another band-aid excuse to the obvious. This team is NOT good with its current personnel.

This team is also NOT fun to watch, they are terrible and boring. It's like watching paint dry with a couple drips thrown in every now and then. 

You can all go ahead and keep hoping but after 8 years of this stuff I'm starting to really check out on this team. This team needs an overhaul in management, in philosophy, and I seriously am not sold on this QB. The position needs to be overhauled as well. Again.

As a fan base, taking out the "we really don't have a choice as he will be here" excuse, ask yourself this as it pertains to the current QB:

Do you really want to go through another 3-4 years with a QB who is showing very LITTLE progress each week and who most likely will never become a fully polished product consistent enough to put his team on HIS BACK and into contention for championships and/or have the ability to carry his team when the defense is not up to par or has a terrible stretch of games or are you okay with continuing to squeak out wins against a putrid dolphins team who would have blown the doors off us if Tua was playing.

The "dolphins have a great defense" non-sense might be true but except for our RB, we were at full strength and still only managed 16pts and zero points through practically the first 2 quarters. 

Stop lying to yourselves. It's embarrassing. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

How bout this and don't read into our defences performance to much. Miami's qbing sucks bad after Tua.

It’s not a good situation. Especially when they don’t do anything to help the QB they’re trotting out there out in any way. 

Which is the original point I was making: Mike McDaniel is not the genius that has been touted if he can’t even figure out how to give who he’s got out there any kind of advantage. I’ll give him a free pass with Boyle because yesterday was probably the first snaps Boyle has taken with the starting offense, but to have two whole weeks to prepare this game for Huntley  and come out there with nothing to play to the few things Huntley actually does well is mind-boggling.

Not doing more to get the guys who could help the QB out more involved is just more bad on bad. 

52 minutes ago, DougDew said:

This isn't college FB, but a good NFL team handles MIA a lot better than we did. 

The win was still a disappointment, IMO, as is the season.  And the D was not the problem in this game.  They got off the field, and our O had balanced TOP.  The game just had terrible NFL QB play on both sides.

Doug, we are missing a number of playmakers on both sides of the ball and also have Pitt playing with a serious back injury. You have a young inexperienced QB working through his natural growing pains. We also have a head coach who is a genuine talent but is still learning. Of course we’re seeing the Colts struggle a bit. 

Try to enjoy the fact that this team against all odds is 4-3 and as of today is in the playoffs. Yes, the team has to get better and I believe they will provided they can get some people back from the injured list. 

I personally will try to enjoy the ride and hope for the best while knowing that ride will be bumpy at times. Hope you can do the same. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

Sure guys. Yesterday was the first time in the history of his career that Tyreek Hill had no chance to get open. None whatsoever. There wasn’t anything, literally anything, that could be done to get Tyreek Hill any separation at all. 

Got it. 

Vine Ok GIF

Okay, you’re right.  McDaniels was probably thinking “I feel sorry for the Colts, so I won’t target my two all pro WRs.  It’s not because I don’t trust my QB and the Colts are covering them.”

Good call!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

For me, speaking only for me, I'm over the blah that this team has become. I am negative as this team has basically put me here.

It's one thing to be excited when your child is taking baby steps, and you are patient and calm and looking forward to the future but this a grown adult football team here, not your child, where these guys get paid millions to excel and excel quickly.  

At this point I really could care about wins or losses. There was another poster who mentioned the same junk year in and out where we have a middle record of mediocrity that puts us in a not so favorable position to acquire top tier talent in the draft and when we have been in that position, Nelson is the only one so far that has shown up. This has been a common theme over the years lately in Indy. There have been a few other players drafted outside of round one that have been decent but not enough to sustain good football play consistently.

It's weird. It's like most of these players over the last 8 years have come to Indy and just taken forever to get better. It's like Ballard tells them to not get good fast as he is all about the delayed gratification..Ha!! <Joking Or, and the most plausible reason, these players just are not that good or the coaches coaching them, or both. 

Our coaches stink too. The scheme is being terribly translated or it just isn't clicking in all phases really. There seems to be no identity or plan here and everything at a lot of times seems sporadic and if there is a plan then these players are having a hard time executing it. Injuries mean nothing. All teams have them. When injuries hit, some teams still excel, some do not. We clearly do not and even when these players were full health we still stunk, except when Flacco came in (a guy who can actually play football well), so the injury thing is just another band-aid excuse to the obvious. This team is NOT good with its current personnel.

This team is also NOT fun to watch, they are terrible and boring. It's like watching paint dry with a couple drips thrown in every now and then. 

You can all go ahead and keep hoping but after 8 years of this stuff I'm starting to really check out on this team. This team needs an overhaul in management, in philosophy, and I seriously am not sold on this QB. The position needs to be overhauled as well. Again.

As a fan base, taking out the "we really don't have a choice as he will be here" excuse, ask yourself this as it pertains to the current QB:

Do you really want to go through another 3-4 years with a QB who is showing very LITTLE progress each week and who most likely will never become a fully polished product consistent enough to put his team on HIS BACK and into contention for championships and/or have the ability to carry his team when the defense is not up to par or has a terrible stretch of games or are you okay with continuing to squeak out wins against a putrid dolphins team who would have blown the doors off us if Tua was playing.

The "dolphins have a great defense" non-sense might be true but except for our RB, we were at full strength and still only managed 16pts and zero points through practically the first 2 quarters. 

Post of the year here. It's amazing what people will put themselves through with "faith" that the team will get better. Things won't get better until Ballard is ultimately fired.

Just now, Yoshinator said:

Post of the year here. It's amazing what people will put themselves through with "faith" that the team will get better. Things won't get better until Ballard is ultimately fired.

AR hasn’t played enough to make a definitive decision on lol. I hope all you guys keep the same energy if he turns into a star.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

I think the light you’re seeing may be oxygen deprivation if you think Tyreek Hill can’t get open. 

Not like he’s a hall of fame WR who has built his entire career on, get this, beating DBs and getting open or anything…

I guess there is always a first time for everything.

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

That’s because they have a great defense.  Ramsey took Downs right out of the game.  Btw our running back is key to having our offense being effective.  He’s our major offensive playmaker.

Just now, richard pallo said:

That’s football.

No %? They played football at a football game? Who would have seen that coming?

Funnily enough, the other target was a catch so the two times they did throw his way we didn’t do a very good job shutting him down. 

Funny, that. 🤔

I just had a brilliant idea.  Now that the Giants are done and their coach is on the hot seat how about we try to trade for Okeroke and return him to his familiar spot in the defense.  I would expect him to assimilate rather quickly.  I think the Giants will be receiving calls on players and would be sellers at the deadline.  So I hope Ballard makes the call.  He would certainly be an upgrade to our linebacking core.

• Like 1

Just now, richard pallo said:

I just had a brilliant idea.  Now that the Giants are done and their coach is on the hot seat how about we try to trade for Okeroke and return him to his familiar spot in the defense.  I would expect him to assimilate rather quickly.  I think the Giants will be receiving calls on players and would be sellers at the deadline.  So I hope Ballard makes the call.  He would certainly be an upgrade to our linebacking core.

I would like that. Not sure about benching speed or Franklin though and how that would look in the locker room. Maybe that could come in the offseason.

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It's because we were playing a hurt Levis and a Miami QB room that is just plain awful. Miami is a good example of how you can have one of the best WR tandems in the league if not the best, but if you don't have a solid QB their talent level doesn't matter.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I would like that. Not sure about benching speed or Franklin though and how that would look in the locker room. Maybe that could come in the offseason.

Speed won’t like it that’s for sure but I think the team would react positively to a good player and familiar face returning to the team.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

They would want a pretty high pick for the dead cap they would have to eat

28 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am beginning to think fans want AR to fail because they don’t want Ballard to have success. 

That's my second choice. My first choice is to have AR succeed because that means we'll have our franchise QB and do well, despite Ballard's shortcomings. If AR fails though, I do want Ballard to get fired as soon as possible. I'm on both extreme ends here as I believe those two choices are the only way the Colts will be a good team again.

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

See Ya GIF by Team Coco

I just think it would have to be a offseason move so it does not hurt the locker room

Teams make trades at the deadline all the time.  They are trying to get better and win.  The players know that.  They are professionals. Out of all the players that could come in I think he would be the most welcome actually.

52 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

That’s because they have a great defense.  Ramsey took Downs right out of the game.  Btw our running back is key to having our offense being effective.  He’s our major offensive playmaker.

The jets defense is really good. Pitt just dropped 37 on them. The Vikings defense is great, and the Lions dropped 31 on them. The Chiefs probably have on of the best defenses out there and even the niners dropped 18 on them and the niners had Aiyuk and Samuel out at and during game time.

Our offense is inept with this QB

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, csmopar said:

See Ya GIF by Team Coco

Bro, whoever you are. YOUR take on all of this is the problem here.

You keep hanging your hat on your seemingly ever devotion to this terrible team by always taking issue with fans that are done with this God-awful football play.

I don't care that the rest of the league, 12 teams to be exact, only have 2 wins at this point. WHO CARES. I care about THIS team. This team and management have had long enough to build a powerhouse to manhandle all these bad teams, but we are only still reserved to barely getting wins sometimes as long as we play the other crap teams. Your continuous, blatant enabling like this team is a complete JOKE!

The only one who should be saying bye is you and anyone like you who keep dying on this hill that is the Colts suddenly becoming what they should have already been years ago.

On a side note:

I don't blame one moment of this on Steichen btw. He is saying he has to get AR in better spots but what else is he going to say? I firmly believe he is tied to a QB where he doesn't know what to call or do with him because there is so much inconsistency that just when you think you might have found something, AR shows up and thwarts the entire thing.

The QB has got to go and so does the front office and the defensive coordinator and so do you if you are going to just sit over there and refuse to see this for what it is just so you can be or have a protagonist take. 

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

You keep hanging your hat on your seemingly ever devotion to this terrible team by always taking issue with fans that are done with this God-awful football play.

I don't care that the rest of the league, 12 teams to be exact, only have 2 wins at this point. WHO CARES. I care about THIS team. This team and management have had long enough to build a powerhouse to manhandle all these bad teams, but we are only still reserved to barely getting wins sometimes as long as we play the other crap teams. Your continuous, blatant enabling like this team is a complete JOKE!

The only one who should be saying bye is you and anyone like you who keep dying on this hill that is the Colts suddenly becoming what they should have already been years ago.

On a side note:

I don't blame one moment of this on Steichen btw. He is saying he has to get AR in better spots but what else is he going to say? I firmly believe he is tied to a QB where he doesn't know what to call or do with him because there is so much inconsistency that just when you think you might have found something, AR shows up and thwarts the entire thing.

The QB has got to go and so does the front office and the defensive coordinator and so do you if you are going to just sit over there and refuse to see this for what it is just so you can be or have a protagonist take. 

If you are done...  why are you still here?

Schitts Creek Goodbye GIF by CBC

5 minutes ago, Indeee said:

On a side note:

I think Jalen Hurts had a 10% higher completion rate than AR coming into the NFL, so that's why Steichen was able to "fix" him on the Eagles. Hurts was much better coming out of college and the NFL than AR. A lot of people mistakenly thought he could fix AR as well because they were similar QBs, but failed to see how much more raw AR was than Hurts. I was in this camp too.

• Like 1

AR was pressured 60% of his throws. Had zero sacks. Imagine if that was Flacco.

That's impressive, but he's missing even the short throws. His running is very useful if he could hit the broad side of a barn, but unfortunately he can't. He needs serious help improving his accuracy. Can't get it done on QB scrambles and deep shots by themselves. I realize he doesn't have Taylor, but he needs to be able to carry the team at times, and that hasn't happened much.