Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IMO this team is in much worse shape than what is being spun by management or believed by fans.....

23 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

Tomlinson has not has a losing record in any season with the Steelers. That in itself is pretty impressive. 

Sort of.  Since Ben left, Pitt has been mainly a 500 team.  Most GMs and HCs can find ways to bump along in mediocrity without a franchise QB.  JMO.   Pitt tends to know defense well, and that's an advantage. 

On 10/17/2024 at 6:27 AM, crazycolt1 said:

For example? 

It's too early to tell that AR isn't going to be a franchise QB.  Show some patience. 

You know when a team has their QB get injured mid game and a backup unexpectedly comes in to play, and the backup looks lost like he had no gameplan.....  that's how I feel watching AR every game.  He looks like he did absolutely 0 game planning and watched 0 film.  He just takes the snap, locks in on his WR, and hopes he will be open.  He has no pocket awareness at all.  All that athleticism and he can't just move a little before throwing.  just stands still and changes his throw motion and misses the target.  Then smiles and laughs the whole time like he doesn't even realize or care he just messed up.  He is fast though 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

What a great story Lifetime Colt! I’m wondering if it could have been Raymond Berry that Johnny U. hit with that pass, as I don’t believe Chester and Unitas had the opportunity to play together. Either way, love your post!

Found the game it was Roy Jefferson a 55 yard pass from Unitas in relief of Morrel 1970

• Like 1

On 10/21/2024 at 7:24 AM, ColtStrong2013 said:

On 10/20/2024 at 2:28 PM, ColtAndOrioles said:

IMO this team would be better off cleaning house, tearing it down, and starting over rather than this constant spinning of wheels that we have seen for 8 years now

On 10/21/2024 at 7:24 PM, ColtsStrong 2013 said:
jeff bridges fgc GIF

I wonder why you needed to tell ColtsAndOrioles that this is just his opinion. Did you notice the first three letters in his post? 

49 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

I wonder why you needed to tell ColtsAndOrioles that this is just his opinion. Did you notice the first three letters in his post? 

I noticed... I don't agree with it, at all, hence the meme.

If I could have bolded the YOUR in that meme, I would have. You know, to make it more clear that it wasn't a shared feeling.

The odd thing to me about Richardson is imo he looked much better his first 4 games last year than really at any point this year other than the start of the Steelers game.   He seems to have regressed and while I understand that he was off most of the winter and early spring, he still should be somewhat better just by being able to have watched and absorbed the last 13 games of last year.

He is reminding me of Adley Rutchman with the Orioles, who went from having a spectacular season this year up until July or so and then just fell off of a cliff the second half of the season for what appeared to be no reason whatsoever.  Some speculated it may have been from his new girlfriend.  Who knows. 

But to me AR seems a little more intolerant of the fans this year.  A littler more surely.   Almost as if he is going through some personal issues.  I am guessing that is not probably happening but it is strange how badly he is playing.   Hopefully it really is the rust from not practicing all winter and spring and he comes around.

As for the Colts overall, we will find out where they are these next 5 games.  I know if I was betting I would bet against them every week and just keep rolling the money over.  In fact I may have to do that lol.

I think if they can finish 2-3 these next 5 games they will be doing very well.  But I expect them to get absolutely rolled by the Lions, Vikings and Bills.  Houston they always play tough and the Jets are struggling so to me if they are going to win, those are the 2 games. 

12 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

The odd thing to me about Richardson is imo he looked much better his first 4 games last year than really at any point this year other than the start of the Steelers game.   He seems to have regressed and while I understand that he was off most of the winter and early spring, he still should be somewhat better just by being able to have watched and absorbed the last 13 games of last year.

He is reminding me of Adley Rutchman with the Orioles, who went from having a spectacular season this year up until July or so and then just fell off of a cliff the second half of the season for what appeared to be no reason whatsoever.  Some speculated it may have been from his new girlfriend.  Who knows. 

But to me AR seems a little more intolerant of the fans this year.  A littler more surely.   Almost as if he is going through some personal issues.  I am guessing that is not probably happening but it is strange how badly he is playing.   Hopefully it really is the rust from not practicing all winter and spring and he comes around.

As for the Colts overall, we will find out where they are these next 5 games.  I know if I was betting I would bet against them every week and just keep rolling the money over.  In fact I may have to do that lol.

I think if they can finish 2-3 these next 5 games they will be doing very well.  But I expect them to get absolutely rolled by the Lions, Vikings and Bills.  Houston they always play tough and the Jets are struggling so to me if they are going to win, those are the 2 games. 

Dont underestimate having to sit and do nothing for 6 or seven months and how thst affected  him. Luck went 1-5 after his shoulder surgery before winning ten straight. The sad part is just when he seems to be putting it together against Steelers he gets hurt and has to start over again. One really bright spot for him is he seems to get better as the game goes on. That is a very good sign for his future success. He needs a game where he starts well like Steelers and finished strong with a win. It’s also not as bad as what people are making it out to be. You want to see bad go watch Bryce young play.

i don’t think they have a Chance to win Vikings or Lions. If we run well we have a chance with bills. Jets are a mess, Texans we always play close. Need to run two at least. Then run 3 of last 5. Thst will get us to nine wins like last season. That’s a good start for AR first real season. Maybe we can get one more and run ten. Win ten we might make playoffs.

24 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Dont underestimate having to sit and do nothing for 6 or seven months and how thst affected  him. Luck went 1-5 after his shoulder surgery before winning ten straight. The sad part is just when he seems to be putting it together against Steelers he gets hurt and has to start over again. One really bright spot for him is he seems to get better as the game goes on. That is a very good sign for his future success. He needs a game where he starts well like Steelers and finished strong with a win. It’s also not as bad as what people are making it out to be. You want to see bad go watch Bryce young play.

i don’t think they have a Chance to win Vikings or Lions. If we run well we have a chance with bills. Jets are a mess, Texans we always play close. Need to run two at least. Then run 3 of last 5. Thst will get us to nine wins like last season. That’s a good start for AR first real season. Maybe we can get one more and run ten. Win ten we might make playoffs.

one way the team can help AR is get him on the move without outright running him down the field. Like bootlegs whatever those are. 

1 hour ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

one way the team can help AR is get him on the move without outright running him down the field. Like bootlegs whatever those are. 

100% agree and have said this in another thread. 

Why in the **** are they not rolling out AR with the option to run....and also playing a hurry up offense at all times?  Blows my mind.

AR has shown since last year that he performs better in a hurry up offense.  A hurry up offense that involves him moving around.  Motion.   Options. 

Maybe the coaches are afraid of going 3 and out too quickly....but cmon.  The Colts with AR playing a mainly strict drop back offense go 3 and out 80% of the time.   Meanwhile he seems much more successful with the hurry up.

The reason Jayden Daniels has been so successful this year is because they play to his strengths.  Hurry up roll out offense.

Instead the Colts coaches want to try and make AR into the next Tom Brady.  Granted JD is heads above AR as far as knowing how to protect himself.   AR still has no idea how to really do that.

2 hours ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

100% agree and have said this in another thread. 

Why in the **** are they not rolling out AR with the option to run....and also playing a hurry up offense at all times?  Blows my mind.

AR has shown since last year that he performs better in a hurry up offense.  A hurry up offense that involves him moving around.  Motion.   Options. 

Maybe the coaches are afraid of going 3 and out too quickly....but cmon.  The Colts with AR playing a mainly strict drop back offense go 3 and out 80% of the time.   Meanwhile he seems much more successful with the hurry up.

The reason Jayden Daniels has been so successful this year is because they play to his strengths.  Hurry up roll out offense.

Instead the Colts coaches want to try and make AR into the next Tom Brady.  Granted JD is heads above AR as far as knowing how to protect himself.   AR still has no idea how to really do that.

it is frustrating to see him be a pocket passer. I’m assuming they’re trying to develop his passing skills. I think he can be great if he’s coached properly but the jury is still out on that one. It’s kind of depressing to watch. 

11 hours ago, DougDew said:

Sort of.  Since Ben left, Pitt has been mainly a 500 team.  Most GMs and HCs can find ways to bump along in mediocrity without a franchise QB.  JMO.   Pitt tends to know defense well, and that's an advantage. 

I wish our guys were physical and played as hard as the Steelers do on defense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

No I haven’t.  Do you put much stock into it?

Not really. Browns probably are about to sell off though. Garrett could possibly be traded too. If colts were going to make a trade though a TE like this is actually a move I could see them doing. Especially if they wanted bowers in the draft. I don’t know if it was a joke but apparently someone said they saw him at the Indy airport  lol

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Not really. Browns probably are about to sell off though. Garrett could possibly be traded too. If colts were going to make a trade though a TE like this is actually a move I could see them doing. Especially if they wanted bowers in the draft. I don’t know if it was a joke but apparently someone said they saw him at the Indy airport  lol

The airport thing makes no sense but our interest in Bowers, like you said, makes you think we probably would have interest in Njoku.  The Browns are going to be sellers and I think our win Sunday opened up the possibility for a move.   So maybe just maybe something might happen at this year’s deadline.

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The airport thing makes no sense but our interest in Bowers, like you said, makes you think we probably would have interest in Njoku.  The Browns are going to be sellers and I think our win Sunday opened up the possibility for a move.   So maybe just maybe something might happen at this year’s deadline.

I think the airport thing was a joke. I see people showing fake pictures of him saying he is in their city lol.

Garrett only has a 20 million cap hit. We could use a DE with all the injuries  too. Lmao

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

I think your expectations are unrealistic.  We knew this kid was a project coming out of college, and he was sidelined due to a major shoulder injury last year.  It's going to take some time, maybe even a few seasons.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think the airport thing was a joke. I see people showing fake pictures of him saying he is in their city lol.

Garrett only has a 20 million cap hit. We could use a DE with all the injuries  too. Lmao

It’s fun to dream isn’t it?  Makes you wonder what position Ballard would be looking to improve if he felt he could upgrade the team.  A lot of teams will be selling so he will have an opportunity.  The deadline will be here before we know it.  Rumors should start flying.

21 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It’s fun to dream isn’t it?  Makes you wonder what position Ballard would be looking to improve if he felt he could upgrade the team.  A lot of teams will be selling so he will have an opportunity.  The deadline will be here before we know it.  Rumors should start flying.

A win Sunday could decide if we make a trade. 

On 10/21/2024 at 6:19 AM, Two_pound said:

I compared Ballard's drafting to the steelers because I know it is so much better as I stated in the original post. The point is, how do the steelers keep winning and backing into the playoffs 2 of the last 3 seasons. And yes, I live in western Pa. a few miles from Pittsburgh I hear all the anti-Tomlin talk(kind of similar to all the Ballard bashing on here) but the steelers still make the playoffs, how? This Colt team is loaded compared to the steelers and right now the steelers are 5-2, that's borderline laughable.

Refs for one thing