Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It will never happen, but...

Indeee

9 hours ago, RollerColt said:

My post has NOTHING to do with Ballard. I’m not even a supporter of his strategy for building the team. 

He’s overreacting when it comes to AR. And from that standpoint, apparently so are you. 

Go take to the streets and shake your fist at Irsays mansion. Maybe he’ll hear you. 

I'm not overreacting, I simply said that I hate losing, we've been a losing team for way too long, now.

I've also said that I don't like having a long term project at QB, while all of our other impact players are on far different career timelines.

And yes, I've been open since BEFORE we drafted Richardson, that I do not think he will become a quality starter in the NFL. 

As for shaking my fist at Irsay's mansion, that's just silly talk (overreacting on your part lol). I'm not mad, but if we keep losing every year, eventually myself and a lot of others will simply lose interest in the team...and if enough people lose interest, the team will end up relocated (almost happened before Manning, so it's not crazy to think it can happen)

26 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

I'm not overreacting, I simply said that I hate losing, we've been a losing team for way too long, now.

I've also said that I don't like having a long term project at QB, while all of our other impact players are on far different career timelines.

And yes, I've been open since BEFORE we drafted Richardson, that I do not think he will become a quality starter in the NFL. 

As for shaking my fist at Irsay's mansion, that's just silly talk (overreacting on your part lol). I'm not mad, but if we keep losing every year, eventually myself and a lot of others will simply lose interest in the team...and if enough people lose interest, the team will end up relocated (almost happened before Manning, so it's not crazy to think it can happen)

I used to be like a lot of people on here. 

I would get extremely upset, even violent when the Colts would lose. I tore my dorm up like an * when the Colts lost to the Saints in the Super Bowl. I would get on Twitter, Facebook, the message boards and just tear the team down. Cursing them, calling them names, demanding everyone gets fired. 

I carried that anger all the way into adulthood. I would get so angry when the Colts would lose. I'd be yelling at the TV, throwing things when the coach would make a stupid call. 

And then I saw the look on my little kid's faces. Absolute fear and terror. My daughter eye's had tears in them. 

And I vowed I'd never again allow sports to define who I am. The Colts don't care about me, nor should they. The Colts don't care about my opinion, and they shouldn't directly affect my individual life. 

There really is more to life than just football. It took me a long time to realize that. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I would get extremely upset, even violent when the Colts would lose. I tore my dorm up like an * when the Colts lost to the Saints in the Super Bowl. I would get on Twitter, Facebook, the message boards and just tear the team down. Cursing them, calling them names, demanding everyone gets fired. 

I carried that anger all the way into adulthood. I would get so angry when the Colts would lose. I'd be yelling at the TV, throwing things when the coach would make a stupid call. 

And then I saw the look on my little kid's faces. Absolute fear and terror. My daughter eye's had tears in them. 

And I vowed I'd never again allow sports to define who I am. The Colts don't care about me, nor should they. The Colts don't care about my opinion, and they shouldn't directly affect my individual life. 

There really is more to life than just football. It took me a long time to realize that. 

I definitely agree... I never did get like that, I'll be 44 this year with two daughters.  I do hate losing, but it's gone on for so long now, that I feel myself starting to lose interest.  I used to never miss a game...when Peyton was in Denver, I'd DVR one game while I watched the other...I looked forward to it all week, Colts and Peyton/Denver games... Now we've sucked for so long, and I don't see it changing anytime soon, that I'm just "meh" about it.     That's my point in this tread... I DON'T think that Richardson is going to be a good NFL QB. And while we are waiting for the team to realize that, the careers of the talented players that we DO have, are being wasted in the process.

We haven't won a week 1 game since BEFORE Peyton retired...we haven't won our division in a decade...we've not had a home playoff game etc.   I think our GM got a couple picks right in his first year or so and then became thought of as some sort of genius...you can tell he believes he is, also.  Meanwhile, a bunch of other teams have went from worst to 1st while we still suck and always have to "wait until next year!".    

A lot of people on here think Richardson will be an all pro...but having the strongest arm, highest high jump or fastest 40 as a QB doesn't mean a whole lot.  He is not accurate and has no touch on his passes...those things normally do not improve in the NFL.   I think in the NBA it makes sense sometimes to draft on potential, but in the NFL, you draft based on college production (and take into consideration the team/coaches/scheme that was around them in college).

The same thing that's happening to QBs in college, is happening to the offensive tackle position....they've stopped playing a pro style game in so many conferences, so the players aren't coached to be an NFL player.   The top 5 picks in the draft used to always be NFL ready QBs, Left Tackles and DEs.

They praise scrambling QBs on TV as "being able to extend the play with their legs!" and that "the Pocket QB is a thing of the past" when in reality, they can't read a D before the snap anymore and have to run around and wait for someone to get open... the old pocket QBs knew where the ball was going, before it was snapped... for everyone that thinks pocket QBs wouldnt make it in today's game, why do you think Brady was able to look so good in his mid 40s?    If you took a prime Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Tom Brady etc and put them into today's game, they would make it look easy.   Just my .02

• Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 8:57 PM, Patrick Miller said:

Being that I’m not a fan of having a project quarterback who may never pan out I would go for that. Flacco is no slouch. Just asked the Browns fans. I think Flacco would’ve won us those last two games  because he’s a heck of a lot more accurate and he could probably keep the offense on the field longer….. which would give our defense a rest. That being said, I know it’s unrealistic. Whether you like it or not, we are going to spend the next two years finding out if Richardson is a franchise quarterback.

Flacco would have beaten both those teams and actually would have hit ad for the td and had pittman  more involved 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RollerColt said:

As I’ve always said if the worst thing if your life is your pro-football team you are a very lucky person.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2024 at 5:17 AM, coltsblue1844 said:

But Peyton had a body of work to see, from college...and you could see early on that he was going to be good. Richardson has nothing to look at to think he will be a franchise QB . Also on the Peyton Manning part, look at how much differently the rules were in the NFL back then...WRs and QBs took far more punishment than they do now, the rules have changed a lot, to make things easier for the offense 

Thank you. The “look how bad Manning and Luck did blah blah” are nuts. We knew those guys could properly lead a RB in the flat because we had seen them do it over and over. I’m a fan of AR and hope he becomes elite (the alternative is hard to stomach) but he is nowhere near in the vicinity of where Manning and Luck were in their rookie seasons. I guess people didn’t watch the games and just rely on numbers. Go Colts!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

I definitely agree... I never did get like that, I'll be 44 this year with two daughters.  I do hate losing, but it's gone on for so long now, that I feel myself starting to lose interest.  I used to never miss a game...when Peyton was in Denver, I'd DVR one game while I watched the other...I looked forward to it all week, Colts and Peyton/Denver games... Now we've sucked for so long, and I don't see it changing anytime soon, that I'm just "meh" about it.     That's my point in this tread... I DON'T think that Richardson is going to be a good NFL QB. And while we are waiting for the team to realize that, the careers of the talented players that we DO have, are being wasted in the process.

We haven't won a week 1 game since BEFORE Peyton retired...we haven't won our division in a decade...we've not had a home playoff game etc.   I think our GM got a couple picks right in his first year or so and then became thought of as some sort of genius...you can tell he believes he is, also.  Meanwhile, a bunch of other teams have went from worst to 1st while we still suck and always have to "wait until next year!".    

A lot of people on here think Richardson will be an all pro...but having the strongest arm, highest high jump or fastest 40 as a QB doesn't mean a whole lot.  He is not accurate and has no touch on his passes...those things normally do not improve in the NFL.   I think in the NBA it makes sense sometimes to draft on potential, but in the NFL, you draft based on college production (and take into consideration the team/coaches/scheme that was around them in college).

The same thing that's happening to QBs in college, is happening to the offensive tackle position....they've stopped playing a pro style game in so many conferences, so the players aren't coached to be an NFL player.   The top 5 picks in the draft used to always be NFL ready QBs, Left Tackles and DEs.

They praise scrambling QBs on TV as "being able to extend the play with their legs!" and that "the Pocket QB is a thing of the past" when in reality, they can't read a D before the snap anymore and have to run around and wait for someone to get open... the old pocket QBs knew where the ball was going, before it was snapped... for everyone that thinks pocket QBs wouldnt make it in today's game, why do you think Brady was able to look so good in his mid 40s?    If you took a prime Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Tom Brady etc and put them into today's game, they would make it look easy.   Just my .02

That’s a very large block of text from someone who’s losing interest in the team. 

I don’t think Ballard is the answer. And I don’t have enough tape to make a definitive statement tossing Richardson into the cold and starting over. 

You can have that opinion, but it’s just that. An opinion. 

You want changes immediately. And it’s not likely to happen like what we saw in 2022. I don’t know what to tell you other than stop watching and supporting the team and hop on the Chiefs bandwagon. 

5 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Thank you. The “look how bad Manning and Luck did blah blah” are nuts. We knew those guys could properly lead a RB in the flat because we had seen them do it over and over. I’m a fan of AR and hope he becomes elite (the alternative is hard to stomach) but he is nowhere near in the vicinity of where Manning and Luck were in their rookie seasons. I guess people didn’t watch the games and just rely on numbers. Go Colts!

Bruh… 

No one is saying Anthony is going to turn out to be the next Manning or Luck. 

We’re just saying you should give a QB a chance, hell at least a damn full season before writing him off. 

Bryce Young has been terrible but I’m still not writing him off yet. 

The embodiment that I hope AR can eventually reach is more like Steve McNair. 

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Bruh… 

No one is saying Anthony is going to turn out to be the next Manning or Luck. 

We’re just saying you should give a QB a chance, hell at least a damn full season before writing him off. 

Bryce Young has been terrible but I’m still not writing him off yet. 

The embodiment that I hope AR can eventually reach is more like Steve McNair. 

Bruh. I don’t even know what you’re talking about. I never said anyone thinks AR is the next Luck. I said people commenting that “well, Luck and Manning had bad first games too so don’t criticize AR” is a bad comparison, in my opinion. They had tons of experience and tons of success before putting on a Colts jersey. AR has had none. Apples oranges. Don’t be so excited to argue that you don’t read what someone wrote. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Bruh. I don’t even know what you’re talking about. I never said anyone thinks AR is the next Luck. I said people commenting that “well, Luck and Manning had bad first games too so don’t criticize AR” is a bad comparison, in my opinion. They had tons of experience and tons of success before putting on a Colts jersey. AR has had none. Apples oranges. Don’t be so excited to argue that you don’t read what someone wrote. 

Fair enough. I apologize. 

For the record, my #1 was Stroud. But I knew there was no way he would fall to us at 4, and I knew with Ballard we weren’t trading up. 

Levis was actually who I originally thought we’d go with. Our scouts had watched him for years leading up to the 23 draft. 

I thought Richardson was too raw, too young, too inexperienced, not successful enough at Florida… And even after the combine I thought we’d still pick Levis. 

I was wrong. 

What I think many of us are saying in regards to Manning, is that even the greats struggled their first year. But, you are correct. Can’t compare someone who went all 4 years in college and had success to someone who only played a handful of games and lost most of them. 

We’re in uncharted territory. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

agreed!  Manning and Luck were just learning a new offense, new teammates and getting up to the SPEED difference of the NFL... Richardson was not accurate at the college level and showed nothing to make me think the light will suddenly go on for him in the NFL where things have to be processed even faster.   Is he a gifted athlete? absolutely so!  But I'd even say that Arch Manning is more NFL ready than Richardson, and he's had even less college game experience...but what tape he does have, shows that he GETS IT already.

I dont know if there are rules against it or not...or if he would even want to come here, after Peyton being so big here...but if we end up with a top 5 pick this year, I would make sure Arch knew we would draft him with our pick THIS YEAR if he would allow it (he is 2 years removed from high school, so he CAN go pro...but I doubt he would).     But you can already tell that he is going to be THE guy that every bad team is tanking for in another year or so.  He has looked like Luck 2.0 with better mechanics in practices, scrimmages and his game time so far.  (I'm sure saying this will have some people getting their pitch forks out after me on here lol)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

For the record, my #1 was Stroud. But I knew there was no way he would fall to us at 4, and I knew with Ballard we weren’t trading up. 

Levis was actually who I originally thought we’d go with. Our scouts had watched him for years leading up to the 23 draft. 

I thought Richardson was too raw, too young, too inexperienced, not successful enough at Florida… And even after the combine I thought we’d still pick Levis. 

I was wrong. 

What I think many of us are saying in regards to Manning, is that even the greats struggled their first year. But, you are correct. Can’t compare someone who went all 4 years in college and had success to someone who only played a handful of games and lost most of them. 

Good points. Trust me, my son and I have high hopes for AR. We’re happy we’ve seen flashes of great play. Thanks for the kind response. Go Colts! 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

That’s a very large block of text from someone who’s losing interest in the team. 

I don’t think Ballard is the answer. And I don’t have enough tape to make a definitive statement tossing Richardson into the cold and starting over. 

You can have that opinion, but it’s just that. An opinion. 

You want changes immediately. And it’s not likely to happen like what we saw in 2022. I don’t know what to tell you other than stop watching and supporting the team and hop on the Chiefs bandwagon. 

I'm sorry that my block of text took you a while to read.  I didn't say that I'm not a Colts fan, who still wants the team to win...I actually said the opposite, that I AM a Colts fan and I DO want to win... but the whole 10 year rebuilding plan is getting old.  When the team sucks and gets to the point that you dont really expect them to win, let alone make it to the playoffs...well, maybe you enjoy watching that, but I don't...  as for being a Chiefs fan, not sure where you got that from.      Being passionate about our team, but also sick of the losing culture/attitude, doesn't mean you switch to another team?

11 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I was wrong. 

I think Ballard being so stubborn is why we now have a QB with no experience... he has punted the QB position ever since Luck retired... trying to save his job by not drafting the wrong guy... it finally became crap or get off the pot time and he took Richardson... he SHOULD have traded in a previous draft and taken a QB way before now...but even waiting, he should have traded whatever it took to get Stroud (he was also my #1 in that draft by a mile...and I also thought we would take Levis... I honestly wanted anyone BUT Richardson, just because of how raw and inexperienced he was/is and how long it would likely take just to find out IF he may ever be a decent QB).

Like a couple others on here, i'm mostly annoyed by the people on here that seem to think Richardson can do no wrong and will be the MVP in the next few years...they're going to have a hard crash when reality hits.

On 9/17/2024 at 9:17 AM, RollerColt said:

Why do I even come back to this site? I'm like an addict stuck on a harmful substance... Like a fool I just keep comin' back for more. 

sadly, that's the case with most sites any more.

On 9/17/2024 at 9:34 AM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We are two games in. Last week AR had the ball with a chance to run the game. The week before I feel in my heart had the defense made a stop he would have won that game. If you watch close this kid already has the ability to lead this team and put them on his back. 

When a QB has play making ability they have a high floor end high ceiling. 

To the bolded, that is absolutely not true.  

On 9/17/2024 at 9:44 AM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You are just wrong. 

lol...oh the irony.  

18 hours ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

I have.  3 of the 4 QBs in that draft are likely busts.  Busting at pick one and four are deadly.  It is time to let the kid just play it out but I think we need to start selling parts after next week before trade deadline.  Total rebuild and I think I'd fire Ballard  at some point in December.  We need to get a jump on everyone.  

this post....:facepalm:

6 hours ago, coltsblue1844 said:

:pkb:

Ballard is basically destroying this team with trading back and developing approach.  He will never admit his mistake of drafting AR, as far as I see it, AR is still young, but how long are you going to ride with him if he keeps losing and maintaining his inaccuracy.  The Colts are not going to make the playoffs again, and again. So I say trade for an established QB like Mac Jones, he's accurate, has some experience under his belt. Sit AR for a year or two, and let's see how Mac Jones will do....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Well, like it or not, we are not grooming Flacco to be our franchise QB

not sure why this is a hard concept for some to grasp

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

That being said Mike tomlin and Jim harbaugh would have had us at 2-0 even with Richardson  under center.

aww, speculation is fun, isn't it?

58 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

I think Ballard being so stubborn is why we now have a QB with no experience... he has punted the QB position ever since Luck retired... trying to save his job by not drafting the wrong guy... it finally became crap or get off the pot time and he took Richardson... he SHOULD have traded in a previous draft and taken a QB way before now...but even waiting, he should have traded whatever it took to get Stroud (he was also my #1 in that draft by a mile...and I also thought we would take Levis... I honestly wanted anyone BUT Richardson, just because of how raw and inexperienced he was/is and how long it would likely take just to find out IF he may ever be a decent QB).

Like a couple others on here, i'm mostly annoyed by the people on here that seem to think Richardson can do no wrong and will be the MVP in the next few years...they're going to have a hard crash when reality hits.

there have been well documented reasons why the team (not just Ballard) punted the QB position after Luck retired.  "Trying to save his job by not drafting the wrong guy" was never one of those reasons.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Ballard is basically destroying this team with trading back and developing approach.  He will never admit his mistake of drafting AR, as far as I see it, AR is still young, but how long are you going to ride with him if he keeps losing and maintaining his inaccuracy.  The Colts are not going to make the playoffs again, and again. So I say trade for an established QB like Mac Jones, he's accurate, has some experience under his belt. Sit AR for a year or two, and let's see how Mac Jones will do....

Um, more than just a handful of games.  Like, a full season at least.  

Good god, that's not even a good strategy on Madden lol

1 hour ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Who on here is saying AR is going to be an MVP? I haven’t seen anyone mention him becoming that. 

I think he has tools and the willingness to learn and be successful. Successful mind you doesn’t mean MVP.

I have no clue if he will pan out. No one does. 

Giving up on the kid this early is premature. 

1 hour ago, coltsblue1844 said:

I'm sorry that my block of text took you a while to read.  I didn't say that I'm not a Colts fan, who still wants the team to win...I actually said the opposite, that I AM a Colts fan and I DO want to win... but the whole 10 year rebuilding plan is getting old.  When the team sucks and gets to the point that you dont really expect them to win, let alone make it to the playoffs...well, maybe you enjoy watching that, but I don't...  as for being a Chiefs fan, not sure where you got that from.      Being passionate about our team, but also sick of the losing culture/attitude, doesn't mean you switch to another team?

Who says I enjoy the team losing? I don’t. Who wouldn’t want to see us succeed and win Super Bowls every year? That’s fun. But only one team gets to enjoy that. For the other 31 teams it’s “better luck next year”. 

I just don’t allow this team to ruin my weekends anymore. 

You guys take this stuff way too seriously. It’s a game… 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I love what you posted here.  I was the same way.   When my son was in kindergarten, he drew a picture of me watching football (with my Andrew Luck jersey on).   There was a cartoon bubble above me screaming "No!!!!!!"

He drew my eyebrows in a frowning position.  This struck me.  I wish I had kept it and maybe I did but I don't know where it would be.   I hated that....that I acted like that and that he saw me like that.  

I'm not sure when it was but I realized that the players seemed to care less about winning the game than I did.  It's a job to them.  I let it get to me emotionally and I'm thankful that I don't do that anymore.  Truthfully, getting on the message board during the game is helpful because it serves as a way to voice a frustration safely and many times, humorously.   You can commiserate with other fans, shake your head and laugh it off, and go about your day.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

Um, more than just a handful of games.  Like, a full season at least.  

Good god, that's not even a good strategy on Madden lol

I agree with you on a full season at least. He needs to start looking pretty good, ready to lead the team to the playoffs, by next season, I think. Or the criticism of him and the team is going to get intense. 

That may not be fair for a player as young and inexperienced as Richardson. Part of the problem, obviously, is the team's recent lack of success. It would be easier for fans to be patient now if the team had experienced success under the current management in recent seasons.

If the Colts don't make the playoffs this season, that will be four seasons in a row of missing the playoffs. I don't think they can make that streak five seasons next year without things getting ugly with the fans and media. (I can't stomach a resurgence of the Indy radio stations playing, "Lord, Help Our Colts.")  

The last time the Colts missed the playoffs at least four seasons in a row was a seven-year stretch from 1988 to 1994 (the dark days of Jack Trudeau and Jeff George). 3+ years into that stretch, the Colts fired coach Ron Meyer. I wonder how much patience Jim Irsay would have with Ballard and Richardson if the offense and their QB struggle in 2024 and 2025. Hopefully, that won't become an issue.  As others here have said, I'm still expecting a more run-focused offense featuring Taylor and Richardson as Anthony refines his passing.

3 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

I love what you posted here.  I was the same way.   When my son was in kindergarten, he drew a picture of me watching football (with my Andrew Luck jersey on).   There was a cartoon bubble above me screaming "No!!!!!!"

He drew my eyebrows in a frowning position.  This struck me.  I wish I had kept it and maybe I did but I don't know where it would be.   I hated that....that I acted like that and that he saw me like that.  

I'm not sure when it was but I realized that the players seemed to care less about winning the game than I did.  It's a job to them.  I let it get to me emotionally and I'm thankful that I don't do that anymore.  Truthfully, getting on the message board during the game is helpful because it serves as a way to voice a frustration safely and many times, humorously.   You can commiserate with other fans, shake your head and laugh it off, and go about your day.  

Yes. It’s a business. And sure, when we’re all young and dreaming of playing in the pros we think about the glory of winning of Super Bowls. But the truth is the professional athlete cares most about being paid first and foremost. They want stability for themselves and their families. 

That’s pretty much what every person cares about in most professions and jobs. 

• Like 2

On 9/16/2024 at 5:46 PM, bestQBever said:

Imagine giving up on a QB we knew needed time to develop... 6 games into his career. Sports fans are pathetic

Some Colts fans wanted Richardson to fail from the very beginning. I won't go into what I believe their reasons are but we can connect the dots here. It certainly isn't for anything logical, sound, or fair, that's for sure.

If Richardson had a full year with the results we've seen then I'd  somewhat understand people wanting to move on, although I'd still disagree. He had a bad game after one with plenty of upside to start the season.  People wanting to go away from that now have personal vendettas against him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colts89 said:

Some Colts fans wanted Richardson to fail from the very beginning. I won't go into what I believe their reasons are but we can connect the dots here. It certainly isn't for anything logical, sound, or fair, that's for sure.

If Richardson had a full year with the results we've seen then I'd  somewhat understand people wanting to move on, although I'd still disagree. He had a bad game after one with plenty of upside to start the season.  People wanting to go away from that now have personal vendettas against him.

I agree. One of the fans who has criticized AR's game was MIA after the first game, but after this last game, he is very active and criticizing AR. Granted, AR did not have a good game this past Sunday, but every QB has good and bad games. Folks are being overly critical of him.

I don't attribute the first loss to AR; in fact, I think the Colts had a chance to win the Houston game because of AR's play. But those that don't like AR will not give him any credit. Flacco would not have won the Texans game. JMO.

• Like 1

I personally have never wanted him to fail...I just said before the draft that I didn't think he would be a good NFL QB, that I never wanted running QBs because they tend to have short careers and miss a lot of games, and that I didn't want us to draft a project. I didn't want Bryce Young, either, because I felt he was too small to last in the NFL. I wanted Stroud, but assumed he would go before #4 and we all knew Ballard wouldn't trade up.

Personally, I felt we should have moved up and  drafted a QB after Luck retired. I also wanted Baker Mayfield when he was practically begging to come here, but we chose Matt Ryan instead.

On 9/16/2024 at 8:39 PM, Indeee said:

I'm back and better than ever baby!! Ha!!

As the title states....

We should trade Richardson to Carolina for their 1st round pick and let Joe Cool run the show. Redraft a QB next year or in 2026.

Here's why...

Carolina botched the young pick, they know it, and Richardson IS Cam and is why I really wasn't a fan of his. Also, I think that in that room there were some that wanted AR. Don't get me wrong, I like him a lot, he's a great athlete, seems to be a good dude, and the potential is ALWAYS going to be there however it will never be consistent enough to seriously compete, just like Cam. Carolina LOVES Cam and instantly makes them relevant according to the clueless owner. Hà!!

I will say that Pierce has looked better so here's hoping I was wrong for all those wanting me to revisit my "Real Ghost" post. Maybe the drafting of AD and the leaked story that we wanted JJ lit a fire, but there were too many drops on Sunday that were not AR's fault unless he needs to take a bit off his throws. In this league though you gotta catch the ball. So maybe give it a couple more weeks. If he betters MORE CONSISTENTLY, then we keep him and all will be good.

Still, I would trade him before the deadline. There is always a team with an ego to take this project. In this league rollercoasters are not fun when it comes to wins and losses especially with a QB dealing with a terrible defense on top. His development will falter as he will be expected to do too much to compensate the defensive woes. Seems like a recipe for disaster that another team can deal with but not us. 

Ballard saves his job and credibility if he explores this move IMHO as it will take ALOT of round things that people play with..Ha!!. He wasn't really onboard if you go by the behind-the-scenes series. I think we all know the "I wish there was more tape" is clearly a reference to AR now. 

Go ahead and throw your darts. I'm waiting Ha!!

Its a idea but not fair to AR.

Having the misfortune to be drafted by a sub par franchise AND THEN traded to a even worse one. :funny: