Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Packers post game thread

GoColts8818

34 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s just the colts luck to sign a great kicker and have him all of a sudden not being able to kick a 50 yard FG.

It’s even more ironic we had him when he wasn’t good (or proven). Goes to Rams - does great. Comes back & we have kicker problems again. 

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Until Ballard is gone this team will continue to have bad aura around it.

Watching the chiefs & bengals. They are hitting HARD & their dline + linebackers were all over RB’s 

the winning mentality & culture to be great is what we are missing imo

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I don't agree, had we recovered it we would've been near midfield with a hell of a chance. I don't like how the NFL has messed with kickoffs, like making you declare an onside attempt instead of occasionally surprising an opponent with one.

well that's my point.  You have to declare it...AND you can't change it I think. 

Forums like this remind of how insufferable sports fans can be. I understand we are passionate about our team but lets stop being so emotional. Reality is, its a long season and objectively, we were expected to be a fringe playoff team at best, Richardson is a project QB in his 6th NFL start. The run defense is very unfortunate but other than that nothing has been that unexpected...

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Forums like this remind of how insufferable sports fans can be. I understand we are passionate about our team but lets stop being so emotional. Reality is, its a long season and objectively, we were expected to be a fringe playoff team at best, Richardson is a project QB in his 6th NFL start. The run defense is very unfortunate but other than that nothing has been that unexpected...

Our highest paid players are playing like crap.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I just went out and spent $3500 to buy an XBox X and PS5 with an 98” big screen TV just so I could load Madden on both units and fire Bradley and Ballard. haha 

I’m afraid that this team will always be mediocre under Ballard and Bradley…I don’t see it being much better than that unless both are replaced personally. I was always just basing this season off AR’s progression as my number 1 most important factor…but it’s disappointing our defense has been just as abysmal at his has been….used to always think we had a chance if our defense does its job. That went out the window these past 2 games…although we came very close in game 1

11 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Nice post but there are a certain few that overreact ...win or lose . It usually the usual suspects.

40 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

He was struggling last 4 or 5 games of last season too. 

Right. It's a bummer that he got a hernia. But still, if it's going to cost us games, then he should not be out there.

I knew, after the preseason, when it was weirdly announced Gay was hurt, and the coach wouldn't discuss it, yet Gay admitted to surgery, that this might be a problem, but now, whenever he misses a kick, its easy to use the injury as an excuse.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Yes and no…I mean we always hope to see more progression from year to year…but to think Ballard will do anything other than what he has done since his tenure started is the biggest mistake most of us continued to make.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Our highest paid players are playing like crap.

That’s the heart of the problem.  With the exception of Latu our front seven are veteran players.  Many of them are playing on their second and even third contract.  They aren’t rookies.  They are grown men being paid very well.  They need to step up and play to their contracts.  They have not and the team is suffering because of their lackadaisical play.

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

Right. It's a bummer that he got a hernia. But still, if it's going to cost us games, then he should not be out there.

I knew, after the preseason, when it was weirdly announced Gay was hurt, and the coach wouldn't discuss it, yet Gay admitted to surgery, that this might be a problem, but now, whenever he misses a kick, its easy to use the injury as an excuse.

I've never heard of anyone having hernia surgery and missing only one week 

Just now, richard pallo said:

That’s the heart of the problem.  With the exception of Latu our front seven are veteran players.  Many of them are playing on their second and even third contract.  They aren’t rookies.  They are grown men being paid very well.  They need to step up and play to their contracts.  They have not and the team is suffering because of their lackadaisical play.

Whatever the input this new dline coach is having should be thrown in the trash.

Cant really blame fans here for venting. I didn't expect us to be a great team this year. But at least thought we would show a little improvement. Yet, the first two games have been outright embarrassing.

There are many problems, as have been pointed out, but to me, but our biggest is, we cannot tackle. 

• Like 1

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

Off topic...I've been a fan for 55 years and not once can I remember having a dominant defense. Maybe late 60 s and 70's but never in Indy. Teams like the Steelers seem to have one every year.

I started going to games in Baltimore in 1971. I agree we have not had dominant defense since then.

Very frustrating, that the defense is so porous to start the year, while Richardson is struggling.

Just now, 1959Colts said:

I started going to games in Baltimore in 1971. I agree we have not had dominant defense since then.

Very frustrating, that the defense is so porous to start the year, while Richardson is struggling.

Dutton, Fred Cook,Ehrman and   Barnes The Sack Pack in late 70's was elite 

22 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Forums like this remind of how insufferable sports fans can be. I understand we are passionate about our team but let’s stop being so emotional. Reality is, it’s a long season and objectively, we were expected to be a fringe playoff team at best, Richardson is a project QB in his 6th NFL start. The run defense is very unfortunate but other than that nothing has been that unexpected...

Running it back (at a league-high rate, might I add,) and somehow regressing is not exactly an inspirer of optimism. 

God forbid it actually be a cause for concern. Why, thats simply unthinkable.