Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp Aug 15th 6 pm joint practice

3 minutes ago, IndyEV said:

Sounds like Colts are kickin Cardinal butt on both sides of the ball, but I’m kinda thinking AZ players could be jet-lagged and want to get outa town asap once the game is over!

Some of the Cards beat makes it sound like 'they' are dominating against the Colts defense.

3 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Some of the Cards beat makes it sound like 'they' are dominating against the Colts defense.

Oh wow didn’t know he was already cut by the Falcons oof.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Looks like the Colts straight up won today nice.

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Oh wow didn’t know he was already cut by the Falcons oof.

Looks like the Colts straight up won today nice.

Yeah Raheem Morris was not a fan at all. Traded him for Rondale Moore straight up iirc

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, IndyEV said:

Sounds like Colts are kickin Cardinal butt on both sides of the ball, but I’m kinda thinking AZ players could be jet-lagged and want to get outa town asap once the game is over!

I doubt that.

38 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Not a fan of AR not playing this Sunday. He was rusty and needs the reps smh.

Uhhh is that maybe what the joint practices were for? Plenty of reps vs another team. Whether it's on the practice field or preseason game is irrelevant. 

And to say he is rusty because he did not light the world on fire in two series (7 snaps) is a bit extreme. He has seemed to look quite good the last two days from all reports.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Uhhh is that maybe what the joint practices were for? Plenty of reps vs another team. Whether it's on the practice field or preseason game is irrelevant. 

And to say he is rusty because he did not light the world on fire in two series (7 snaps) is a bit extreme.

He only played 4 games it’s a valid point.

11 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

He only played 4 games it’s a valid point.

It’s also a valid point that the head coach might know more than the fans here do on what to do to get AR ready.

I know it’s a forum and anyone is entitled to any point they want but this having to question everything the Colts do that some do is getting tired.  Is everything going to be perfect?  No.  Still these guys are not dumb.  They got these jobs for a reason.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On one hand we don’t want them practicing in the rain due to injury risk and on the other we want the starters to play against backups because AR needs the reps… 

Let’s trust this preseason process folks… we aren’t an outlier here. This is the new norm in a 3 week preseason. Soon enough it could be two weeks…

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

On one hand we don’t want them practicing in the rain due to injury risk and on the other we want the starters to play against backups because AR needs the reps… 

Let’s trust this preseason process folks… we aren’t an outlier here. This is the new norm in a 3 week preseason. Soon enough it could be two weeks…

a two week pre-season is moronic

5 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

a two week pre-season is moronic

two preseason games is what I was referring to: and it’s coming eventually… 18 regular season games is on the wishlist of everyone but the players and it’ll happen eventually. 

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No point to this practice. They need to play Saturday. 

This is why you practice in bad weather. Rain makes the ball way different to grip and this experience will help with in season games.

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

I get ya, but he’s been getting more reps against the cardinals starting D the past 3 days than he would in the game. Plus they already said he would play the first half against the bengals so I’m fine with it.

11 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

This is why you practice in bad weather. Rain makes the ball way different to grip and this experience will help with in season games.

I can’t think of any important game in Colts history that took place in the rain, especially not in Miami and not in the Super Bowl and Jeff Saturday defiantly didn’t say the wet ball drills they did to get ready for the Ravens game a couple of weeks before the Super Bowl were invaluable in the Super Bowl because of the rain…

9 hours ago, adubb84 said:

Yeah, his first pre-season game felt robotic and scripted. Its crazy. Seems like his game elevates when the pressure increases and he is free to do his thing. 

I Love It Thank You GIF by Apple TV

From the man himself 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Glad we’re facing you guys in week 2 and not weeks 8+ lol.

Week 8 is still October, the fall is nice. There really isn't a chance of cold, snow, and ice until week 14.

But just so you cats know, I root for the Colts every game they play EXCEPT! when they play the Pack. I have bled Green & Gold since birth. Apologizing now cuz it could get ugly here when I get my game face on during Colts week in Green Bay. It gets real then.

OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I can’t think of any important game in Colts history that took place in the rain, especially not in Miami and not in the Super Bowl and Jeff Saturday defiantly didn’t say the wet ball drills they did to get ready for the Ravens game a couple of weeks before the Super Bowl were invaluable in the Super Bowl because of the rain…

Ummm really… you can’t think of a single “important game” in Colts history that took place in the rain? 

not at all? Really?

how do you not recall the 2007 Super Bowl… you know when the Indianapolis Colts finally won the Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.

oh and the location of said game…. Miami.

https://www.gainesville.com/story/news/2007/02/05/rain-falls-on-super-bowl-for-first-time/31511574007/

9 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

Week 8 is still October, the fall is nice. There really isn't a chance of cold, snow, and ice until week 14.

But just so you cats know, I root for the Colts every game they play EXCEPT! when they play the Pack. I have bled Green & Gold my whole life. Apologizing now cuz it could get ugly here when I get my game face on during Colts week in Green Bay. It gets real then.

OneTeamOneNation

PakerNation!

Ehhh I was stationed at Ft Leonardwood Missouri back in 04, we had snow on August 14th that year… froze my behind off as we had yet to be issued cold weather gear and the temps dropped from over 95 degrees to a high of 38 that Sunday. Overnight Saturday into Sunday, we woke up at 0430 to a dusting of snow on the ground. Made for one heck of a fun battalion run

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Ehhh I was stationed at Ft Leonardwood Missouri back in 04, we had snow on August 14th that year… froze my behind off as we had yet to be issued cold weather gear and the temps dropped from over 95 degrees to a high of 38 that Sunday. Overnight Saturday into Sunday, we woke up at 0430 to a dusting of snow on the ground. Made for one heck of a fun battalion run

What? Snow on August 14th in Missouri? I would need concrete evidence of that, unless there are some crazy big mountains I don't know about in Missouri.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

What? Snow on August 14th in Missouri? I would need concrete evidence of that, unless there are some crazy big mountains I don't know about in Missouri.

Just the Ozarks which ft Leonardwood is in. 

we didn’t have cell phones back then. But yeah. Storm system like I’ve never seen before came thru that Friday evening and it just plummeted the temperatures. We sure looked funny wearing double layers of BDU uniforms. 

I spent nearly 18 months on that base and I swear it had the weirdest weather and fastest changing weather I’ve ever seen 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Ummm really… you can’t think of a single “important game” in Colts history that took place in the rain? 

not at all? Really?

how do you not recall the 2007 Super Bowl… you know when the Indianapolis Colts finally won the Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.

oh and the location of said game…. Miami.

https://www.gainesville.com/story/news/2007/02/05/rain-falls-on-super-bowl-for-first-time/31511574007/

That was sarcasm I figured all the “subtle” hints referencing that game would have made that clear but I guess not.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Playing AR behind a 2nd String OL and 2nd String WRs wouldn’t be helping him. Against 2nd string D Players trying to impress enough to make their team…. Good way to get him hurt, possible late hits, , IMO.

• Like 1