Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report from Fox59: Daniel Muir and wife arrested in connection to their missing teenage son

csmopar

Seems Mathis allegedly tried to interfere with the search of a property that he owns where the missing teen of a former colts DLmen has been located. 

Ruh RoH. 

per Fox59 morning news on TV. Unconfirmed in print at the time. 

Mod edit below: Also updated thread title for clarification.

UPDATE: https://fox59.com/indiana-news/bryson-muir-found-parents-in-custody/

Daniel Muir and his wife were arrested, and face charges. Others were detained during the execution of the warrants. Mathis might have been included in that group. No report of Mathis being arrested or charged in connection with this situation.

Bryson Muir’s parents are in custody, and several other people were detained on Wednesday in Cass County as Indiana State Police served arrest and search warrants.

The teen appeared “safe and well,” according to Indiana State Police. He was released into the custody of the Cass County Department of Child Services.

His father, Daniel Muir, faces preliminary charges of domestic battery (Class A misdemeanor) and obstruction of justice (Level 6 felony) while his mother, Kristen Muir, faces a preliminary charge of obstruction of justice (Level 6 felony), ISP said.

Arrest warrants had been issued for both parents. Police took them to the Cass County Jail.

Glass described the operation as “peaceful,” saying police immediately came into contact with the Muirs when they executed the warrants.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Mathis was involved in this it would be all over the news. My guess is the news had the wrong colts former  lineman.

Maybe, they had Mathis’ picture as well as Muir’s up in the screen at 730. From what I’ve managed to gather from various TV news reports, Mathis is amongst the other group that has been “detained” as part of the warrant execution process.  He’s not technically arrested as no charges have been determined but prosecutors are looking to see IF any actions these other individuals had warrant charges. They expect to release these detainees within 48 hours. Initial reports by Fox59 said that Mathis tried to resist entry of the police officer. But relented when shown multiple search warrants.

Now, it’s possible the news got it wrong to begin with as per public record, the only ones currently under arrest, which legally is different than detained, is Muir and his wife. They’ve been charged initially with domestics battery and obstruction of justice with more charges possible to come.

it’s possible the prosecutors charge the other adults there with conspiracy to commit. Knowingly hiding a person that’s reported as missing, especially a child, can be criminally charged. but that’s up to the prosecutor. 

bottom line is this, I’m glad the boy is safe and that’s what matters most. 

• Like 1

• Superman changed the title to Report from Fox59: Daniel Muir and wife arrested in connection to their missing teenage son
26 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Maybe, they had Mathis’ picture as well as Muir’s up in the screen at 730. From what I’ve managed to gather from various TV news reports, Mathis is amongst the other group that has been “detained” as part of the warrant execution process.  He’s not technically arrested as no charges have been determined but prosecutors are looking to see IF any actions these other individuals had warrant charges. They expect to release these detainees within 48 hours. Initial reports by Fox59 said that Mathis tried to resist entry of the police officer. But relented when shown multiple search warrants.

Now, it’s possible the news got it wrong to begin with as per public record, the only ones currently under arrest, which legally is different than detained, is Muir and his wife. They’ve been charged initially with domestics battery and obstruction of justice with more charges possible to come.

it’s possible the prosecutors charge the other adults there with conspiracy to commit. Knowingly hiding a person that’s reported as missing, especially a child, can be criminally charged. but that’s up to the prosecutor. 

bottom line is this, I’m glad the boy is safe and that’s what matters most. 

I just doubt this  There is also no mention of him in the story on their website.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Well don’t you think it would be in the news? It’s not even on their story on the website.

I live in Colorado, so it wouldn't be in the news where I'm at. As far as the 2nd statement, I don't think the website wants to smear Mathis unless they are 100% sure he did something wrong. We aren't at that point yet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Mathis was involved in this it would be all over the news. My guess is the news had the wrong colts former  lineman.

I live in logansport and i have ran into them numerous times out in public together.  Mathis is a part of this. He bought all the property for this cult with Muir. Mathis was there today when it was raided. I dont think he was arrested  but either way its not a good look because he had to know they were looking for that kid and he kept quiet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoshinator said:

@csmopar is a police officer, I trust his views on this subject. He's more qualified than us here.

Was. I left years ago. Didn’t like the stink coming from the command. Though I still do it part time once a month for the Army 

that said, while I do have a bit of inside information on this (no confirmation on names) but I’m mostly going off of the Fox59 live report at 0730. I’ve replayed it on my DVR multiple times. But I’m with her, I have doubts until it’s made public. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Here is the report where they mention Mathis.

That’s what I have recorded and saw live this morning. There’s a second report live with 3 state cop cars and a Logansport car where they put both pics of Mathis and Muir up on the screen that talks about it a bit more. Told you I wasn’t crazy

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, csmopar said:

That’s what I have recorded and saw live this morning. There’s a second report live with 3 state cop cars and a Logansport car where they put both pics of Mathis and Muir up on the screen that talks about it a bit more. Told you I wasn’t crazy

There is another video I haven’t watched it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is another video I haven’t watched it.

Thing is, this case will be interesting to watch how they charge it. Technically, on the surface, they can’t be charged with kidnapping at this stage. A judge will have to determine if the abuse reported has enough evidence to warrant the child becoming a ward of the state. If so, the judge would likely rule that from the date of the initial report of abuse, that the child became a ward of the state at that point. Meaning they could try the parents for kidnapping (and anyone else harboring or assisting them) up to the point of this mornings raid. 

the first X factor is Ohio law or Indiana law? As Ohio has different laws than Indiana

• Like 1

My wife is a DCS case manager. She had told me about this case before the news had started reporting it. I’m going to try and get some info from her tonight if she can tell me. We do try to keep a professional line between us when discussing her work for privacy reasons. Especially since she works cases in our small town of 200ppl. If she can give any info I can share I will definitely update this thread. 

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

Thing is, this case will be interesting to watch how they charge it. Technically, on the surface, they can’t be charged with kidnapping at this stage. A judge will have to determine if the abuse reported has enough evidence to warrant the child becoming a ward of the state. If so, the judge would likely rule that from the date of the initial report of abuse, that the child became a ward of the state at that point. Meaning they could try the parents for kidnapping (and anyone else harboring or assisting them) up to the point of this mornings raid. 

the first X factor is Ohio law or Indiana law? As Ohio has different laws than Indiana

I wasn’t trying to discredit your story so sorry if that’s what it sounded like. I am one of those people o need to hear a story or see it in print before I believe anything. Too much telephone game that goes around. It’s just my nature.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, IinD said:

Here's the drama some said was missing this off-season. We go big with the Colts, from hold outs to cults..

Well that’s a bit of a stretch. This has nothing to actually do with the Colts. The team is just a trivial footnote in the backdrop of this story. No one involved in this situation has any official involvement with the team, and there’s not anything of consequence for the Colts here. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Well that’s a bit of a stretch. This has nothing to actually do with the Colts. The team is just a trivial footnote in the backdrop of this story. No one involved in this situation has any official involvement with the team, and there’s not anything of consequence for the Colts here. 

Do you have the same point of view about OJ and the Bills?

5 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Do you have the same point of view about OJ and the Bills?

Yes nothing OJ did was due to the Bills. 

just like Aaron Hernandez and his actions weren’t a reflection of the Patriots(even though I despise that organization).

in fact if my memory is right, both took actions as soon as they found out

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Yes nothing OJ did was due to the Bills. 

just like Aaron Hernandez and his actions weren’t a reflection of the Patriots(even though I despise that organization).

in fact if my memory is right, both took actions as soon as they found out

Nope....the Juice is in the Bills hall of fame...and Canton as well.

26 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Nope....the Juice is in the Bills hall of fame...and Canton as well.

As he should be.   He was a great player.   Anything outside of football shouldn't matter.   Also,  he was found not guilty 

34 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

As he should be.   He was a great player.   Anything outside of football shouldn't matter.   Also,  he was found not guilty 

Nope...he was found guilty in the civil trial.....not guilty in criminal skam trial. Lol

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Jvan out here looking for the real murderer