Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rookie Camp

2 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

What time did they practice today? I have a nephew "Dalton Tucker" from Marshall who signed a UDFA contract so added incentive this year to follow whats happening.

Very cool.   Interior oline.  He could have a shot

• Like 2

10 looks good on him. 

1 hour ago, JMichael557 said:

What time did they practice today? I have a nephew "Dalton Tucker" from Marshall who signed a UDFA contract so added incentive this year to follow whats happening.

Seems like it's going on right now... some videos and pictures starting to leak on twix...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, stitches said:

Appreciate the info, but "Twitter refused to connect" for me.  I do follow Bowen, but I seldom go on X.  I'll check it out though.

So Jaylin Simpson will be conversion to CB, it seems. Not totally surprising. He has slighter frame than you probably need at S... and of course when you look at his arm length(32 3/8") you could have probably guessed that the Colts would be tempted to try him at CB

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I absolutely LOVE that Mitchell picked 10 as a constant reminder that 10 WR’s were picked before him.  That is a GIGANTIC chip on his shoulder.   So far I like everything I’m reading about the kid.  There may be speed bump or hiccup some day….  But so far so good. 

Couldn’t agree more! The chip on his shoulder is a very good look. That said, I have always valued the “clutch” gene in players. 

It’s truly something that can’t be coached and can’t be taught. AD has IT! Period. Exclamation point! He has it. Name a better receiver in the college football playoffs/ championships ever…

You can’t teach that. He has it. He can be that guy. He is the 33-32 Colts over the Pats, 4th and 1, AFC Championship, game changer. He can be that guy… Will he? I have no dang idea. But does he have the ability to be? Yes! Resounding, yes! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I absolutely LOVE that Mitchell picked 10 as a constant reminder that 10 WR’s were picked before him.  That is a GIGANTIC chip on his shoulder.   So far I like everything I’m reading about the kid.  There may be speed bump or hiccup some day….  But so far so good. 

So true. I was watching his presser yesterday as I wanted to get a feel for him after some of the negativity surrounding his personality on the draft day, and I LOVED how happy and excited he was. I had a little fear that some of the fan base would buy into the negativity prematurely and make it a rough start for him, but I don’t think so anymore. 

I think he and Latu are both going to be playmakers for us, if not this year then very soon. Have a feeling they bring exactly want this team needed to finally take off. They bring a lot of faith to me, together with Richardson and Steichen. Can’t explain it, but the pieces to the puzzle is suddenly to see on the table.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

And his coach is Reggie Wayne ?!  Somebody pinch me!

• Like 2

Latu has the right attitude for growth

Humility leads to growth and learning

Arrogance leads to staying where you are................

I love this draft group

I STILL am concerned about FS, but it looks like they will analyze the position in camp and then make a decision

• Like 5

Listening to Dodds it sounds like Bean is definitely in the long term plans as a backup QB, not just a UDFA camp body. Exciting times in Colts nation. Also, really love the diverse personalities shining through in these interviews. Can see them flowing over and hopefully one day soon giving the team its own "it" factor. This year feels different 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

Listening to Dodds it sounds like Bean is definitely in the long term plans as a backup QB, not just a UDFA camp body. Exciting times in Colts nation. Also, really love the diverse personalities shining through in these interviews. Can see them flowing over and hopefully one day soon giving the team its own "it" factor. This year feels different 

I think bringing in competition at QB3 is very valid

We have another vet QB coming in to back up QB1 

I’m hoping we can get a future QB2 from the draft or UDFA (maybe this year)

16 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If there’s one certainty about the WR corps after this camp, it’s that the new guy doesn’t skip leg day!

• Like 3

Tryout - ok. Time to go back to being a barista 😂.

Chill guys. It's just a joke. They got in the door which is an accomplishment by itself

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Have to laugh at him saying Mitchell blew away a tryout DB. Like they said yesterday these highly drafted rookies should stand out. If they don’t something is wrong.

Agreed, but it's better that he's burning those guys than the alternative - that he's not standing out. He can only burn who's in front of him and he will likely continue burning DBs even in camp. The biggest jump, like we've seen numerous times before, is between pre-season games and regular season... So... right now all he can do is check the boxes that are in front of him. And good on him for doing it so far... 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, stitches said:

Agreed, but it's better that he's burning those guys than the alternative - that he's not standing out. He can only burn who's in front of him and he will likely continue burning DBs even in camp. The biggest jump, like we've seen numerous times before, is between pre-season games and regular season... So... right now all he can do is check the boxes that are in front of him. And good on him for doing it so far... 

yep. If he wasn’t making them look stupid I would be very worried. 

I didn’t realize until the other day this Slovid  kid was a freshman when Pitt was a senior at USC. So they have some familiarity.