Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Draft Day 3 (Rounds 4 through 7) Discussion Thread ****NO SPOILERS****

Just now, CardiacColts said:

That is a solid pick up! Love it! The draft has gone much better than I could have anticipated. Really liking the talent we are bringing on board.

And still have (3) 5ths. 

Its only going to get better.

• Like 2

Hey, I actually predicted we’d go for a center in the mid rounds lol. Not often I’m right about that!

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Our trenches are loaded. Both sides.

The best way to counter Stroud and Houston. I’m very happy with our draft. 

• Like 2

Just now, RollerColt said:

Hey, I actually predicted we’d go for a center in the mid rounds lol. Not often I’m right about that!

Well Ballard did say he liked oline depth in  mid rounds

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mike06181 said:

Wisconsin oline are solid picks. They are well schooled on oline play

Wisconsin OL was very penalty prone and Tanor was part of the issue.  Just now had to go back and double check his history.  Had 5 penalties in 2022.  To me that’s never a good sign on a shorter college career compared to 16-18 games in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, OhioColt said:

Wisconsin OL was very penalty prone and Tanor was part of the issue.  Just now had to go back and double check his history.  Had 5 penalties in 2022.  To me that’s never a good sign on a shorter college career compared to 16-18 games in the NFL. 

What about 2023

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

We are pretty good at finding  undrafted free agents that make the team as well so we may still get a steal after the draft.

Definitely with Covid and bonus year going to be plenty of good players who go undrafted. 

Just now, TigerColt said:

Good pick to fortify the IOL but McCormick would have been my pick. 9.96 Ras and is nasty

I see them in a similar light. There’s not a huge difference in their skill set IMO,

1 minute ago, TigerColt said:

Good pick to fortify the IOL but McCormick would have been my pick. 9.96 Ras and is nasty

I really liked McCormick too and probably would have preferred him, but I like Bortolini about as much, so I'm fine with the pick. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

That's  improvement and I'm good with that

Covid shortened season for a lot of these kids.  Kind of scews some of these stats but welcome to the Colts got to keep the faith in the draft process. 

3 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Would anybody be surprised if we grabbed a running back with the next pick?

I could definitely see us use one of the 3 5th rounders on one.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The only thing I’d change about @Dr. T contest is give the full credit for a round, whether Ballard moves up or down in a specific round, like from No.46 to No.52. This results in both you and @BlueStallion not getting the full points and only alternate round points. 

To me, it adds to the strategy of choosing someone early Round 2 or later Round 2 thrown into the choices based on whether Ballard moves up or down. If it’s technically a round up or below, I understand not getting full points.

Agreed. Couple of years back, I conducted Dr. T's contest concept in Vikings forum and had changed one thing as you said. People loved it..