Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

From YardBarker

9 hours ago, Indeee said:

Is this a sarcastic take?

Be thankful he wasn't. If Davis was mentioned the Colts would have received an F.

For those who have this fascination with Davis, you will find out this guy is not all that. It really is a headscratcher signing. 

Raekwon Davis is a quality depth player behind Stewart. Not every addition needs to be a starter. Quality depth and guys who can keep the light on and give a starter a breather is important.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Introspect said:

Raekwon Davis is a quality depth player behind Stewart. Not every addition needs to be a starter. Quality depth and guys who can keep the light on and give a starter a breather is important.

ballard is mediocre at best, regardless of who he signs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I get your point of view, from where you speak I guess.  You may be assuming that everybody subscribes to the view that....... Credentials > Content.   That folks will typically believe something because of who said it, not because of what was said makes sense.  

I do not.   I always read SM with the point of view that.......... Content > Credentials.

YB seems to support his opinion pretty well.  Simply listing the players each team signed does most of his heavy lifting.  I'm not really into the grades themselves, but I see where he gets them.

If Shefty or Destin made point opposite of YB, I don't think they could do it while making more sense than YB, despite their resumes.  Every tweet should stand on its own content and not have to be supported by credentials.  JMO.

Too bad about what you say is happening at ESPN (and maybe other news outlets or SM avenues?).  I have suspected for a while that they are drifting towards the concept that....Credentials > Content.  As if to say, "listen to me because of who I am...... I work for ESPN and the other people don't".  If ESPN can get people to follow that logic, I guess they don't have to bother with having to make more sense than guys like YB.  Too bad for ESPN if they think that approach will work and stave off the newcomers.

I never got into the Sneed rumors much.  While many folks were generating pages of arguments over which twitter account had "better credentials" and believed the rumors, or not, based on that, I never thought the trade ever made much sense from either the Colts or KC's perspective.  Could still happen of course. 

I think that disparaging the messenger is simply rude.  You know, attack the comment and not the person.

I don’t know if you saw some of my other posts in this thread….  But I told others that I had no problem with the story.  It is what it is.  I don’t care about the grades.  Everyone does some version of grading early free agency. 

I spoke about all the smaller fringe media outlets and not just yard barker.  And I also said negative things about the media outlets I prefer.   Respectfully, I’m not overly concerned about what you call being rude.   I care about facts and truth and less about opinion.  Doesn’t mean I’m always right, I’M ABSOLUTELY NOT!  I’m often wrong.  And I’ve had a bad week this week as proof!   But I try to strive to find the truth.   

I’ve shared this many times before, but it’s worth saying again….  IMO, the three best posters in our community are Superman, w87r and GoColts8818.   And that’s because the vast majority of their posts are supported by facts and less about opinion.   And I think there’s a gap to the rest of us and I include myself in the group of everyone else.  I think the top three are in a class of their own.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. I never heard of the Site until now. I could create a Site and call it Homer's grades and it would be just as legit as this website Happy Homer Simpson GIF

Yardbarker is not new. The name always gave me a sense that they were not reputable. But I don't read Yardbarker enough to make a real assessment.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yardbarker is not new. The name always gave me a sense that they were not reputable. But I don't read Yardbarker enough to make a real assessment.

doesnt matter which source you read, they all read the same. ballard living on his legacy draft from 2018, he got extra time because of luck... but now he needs to do something and isn't. it all reads the same. its becoming the majority opinion, despite it not being on this board. 

5 minutes ago, AKB said:

doesnt matter which source you read, they all read the same. ballard living on his legacy draft from 2018, he got extra time because of luck... but now he needs to do something and isn't. it all reads the same. its becoming the majority opinion, despite it not being on this board. 

What would you like him to do differently? Who did you want him to sign?

I know it is more than a month away but who do you want him to draft on day 1 this year?

17 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What would you like him to do differently? Who did you want him to sign?

I know it is more than a month away but who do you want him to draft on day 1 this year?

i want him to keep doing exactly what he is doing so I can keep complaining about it. 

which in my mind, means we probably fill a gap rd 1 instead of taking bpa, like we normally do, that probably extends to rd 2 

then we sign another budget or two, sign an udfa, and we go about .500 again. 

gus gets fired, and Ballard gets another year or two. that's likely what's gonna happen, and I'm gonna complain on here every day about it. 

• Like 1

Most early articles and rankings I have seen project the colts to be worse than last year. Power rankings in the 21-24 range. Even seen articles talking trading Buckner for picks to build for the future. Projections all have us third or last in the afc south.

23 minutes ago, Mikemccoy84 said:

Most early articles and rankings I have seen project the colts to be worse than last year. Power rankings in the 21-24 range. Even seen articles talking trading Buckner for picks to build for the future. Projections all have us third or last in the afc south.

Projections are usually wrong.

24 minutes ago, Mikemccoy84 said:

The “articles” about Buckner are just straight spitballing by people who want attention.  There are no legit stories suggesting the Colts are even thinking about trading Buckner.  In fact if you follow the Colts they are pretty much saying Buckner is going to be here because they keep talking about having the Buckner/Stewart duo back together.

19 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Every year it’s like this, who is surprised. Ballard strongly believes in building through draft. I sure wish we would at least bring in one solid CB or WR

Exactly if not both then one at least. Enough with rebuilding already. That's fine if you're a young fan. But I don't have a lot of time to wait for again another year of rebuilding that so far has got us nothing, zip, Zero. I'm 70 years old now and a Colts fan for 62 years now. I don't have a whole lot of time left on the planet to wait another 15 years of rebuilding and relying on the draft.I and the oldtimer Colts fans need this team ready and done and good to go for the wins, now. Think about the Peyton years, 13 seasons and only 1 Super Bowl win with a QB like him is totally unacceptable. Stop screwing around already and get it done. Thank you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

They might be one of the best haha , having said that I had never heard of them until this thread was created. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t know if you saw some of my other posts in this thread….  But I told others that I had no problem with the story.  It is what it is.  I don’t care about the grades.  Everyone does some version of grading early free agency. 

I spoke about all the smaller fringe media outlets and not just yard barker.  And I also said negative things about the media outlets I prefer.   Respectfully, I’m not overly concerned about what you call being rude.   I care about facts and truth and less about opinion.  Doesn’t mean I’m always right, I’M ABSOLUTELY NOT!  I’m often wrong.  And I’ve had a bad week this week as proof!   But I try to strive to find the truth.   

I’ve shared this many times before, but it’s worth saying again….  IMO, the three best posters in our community are Superman, w87r and GoColts8818.   And that’s because the vast majority of their posts are supported by facts and less about opinion.   And I think there’s a gap to the rest of us and I include myself in the group of everyone else.  I think the top three are in a class of their own.

I get it.  I indulged the convo about SM and journalism for a bit, but the reality of this thread is that the YB post as OP really doesn't have much to do with journalism aka, going to school, credible sources and double checking, etc.

He really just took information that anybody could source from the internet, opined, and explained some rational support.  Something anybody can do.  The "who is YB" type stuff just came up as a deflection to marginalize his opinion without actually contesting it.

Next thing we'll know is that he actually is a pet-hater, still smokes tobacco, and actually uses a printer to print out stuff he finds on the internet; so his opinion of NFL free agent signings must also be flawed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AKB said:

ballard is mediocre at best, regardless of who he signs

Totally agree with that... I am also disappointed in picking up FA players that other teams obtain that we could have easily obtained if he made the effort...

Marquis Brown would have been a great addition in my opinion.

But I guess I'm not an NFL GM making 7 figures...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

The “articles” about Buckner are just straight spitballing by people who want attention.  There are no legit stories suggesting the Colts are even thinking about trading Buckner.  In fact if you follow the Colts they are pretty much saying Buckner is going to be here because they keep talking about having the Buckner/Stewart duo back together.

It's not about seeking attention.

It's off-season, every news media will have around 20 or more versions of off-season plans from February until April about how every team can go about making moves. After April, they will grade drafts for every team including all the off-season moves each NFL team made. 

In one version, they may trade Buckner, in another version they'd keep Buckner and draft a future replacement prospect... That's how off-season goes, it's just an interesting aspect to talk about different strategies.

It's not something to take offense. It doesn't mean they create a rumor that Colts are looking to trade Buckner when Ballard isn't. It's not about seeking attention either. It's just part of the talk of the town in off-season. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 11:15 AM, Hoose said:

This is a good take of the social media landscape out there. But there is no question that the Colts are still in need at their biggest weaknesses: DB, pass rush and WR. The draft will help, over time, but not immediately. 
For ex., Ballard cannot just sit out the rest of FA and not deal with the safety mess. The Colts FS situation is abysmal. So I expect him to make a move there. 
But the rest of the division has improved while the Colts are treading water, so Yardbarker isn’t woofing up the wrong tree. 
Fingers crossed that there are some good moves to come pre draft. 

if they don't buy anything, what happens to the 22 million cap money on hand right now, please?

1 hour ago, conklincolt said:

if they don't buy anything, what happens to the 22 million cap money on hand right now, please?

I feel very confident that the Colts have their eye on someone. They are sitting on that extra for a reason. It will get spent.

4 hours ago, lester said:

I feel very confident that the Colts have their eye on someone. They are sitting on that extra for a reason. It will get spent.

but if they don't spend the remaining 22 million,what happens to that money was the ?

TN losing Autry is going to hurt them.  I'm not sure why people are surprised TN is having a good offseason.  They have draft capital, cap cash, and unloaded aging talent.  Houston did it last yr.  Jax did it two years ago.  They are already falling apart.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, conklincolt said:

but if they don't spend the remaining 22 million,what happens to that money was the ?

Well they will have around $3m count against top 51, for draft picks.

Once top 51 drops off, will go to top 53, so that will add around $2m there.

Practice Squad - another $2m

So at minimum there will be another $7m will come off.

Not to mention we are actually sitting closer to $18.5m currently, with Flacco, Pinter and Bryan not accounted for.

So that has cap space down to $11.5m, once season starts. With no additional big FA deals.

Only have (16) spots left. Most of those will fall below top 51 salaries though.

Maybe 5-6 above it, round 1-3 and maybe 3 more FAs.

On 3/21/2024 at 7:39 AM, Indeee said:

Is this a sarcastic take?

Be thankful he wasn't. If Davis was mentioned the Colts would have received an F.

For those who have this fascination with Davis, you will find out this guy is not all that. It really is a headscratcher signing. 

Sometimes a change of scenery new team new coaches new outlook brings out the potential . Jerry Hughes  a bust as a Colt IMHO Shined in Buffalo for a few years  .

With Davis The Potential is there & I'v read Our Colts have A new D line coach.

Lets not throw out the baby with the bath water just yet ..

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 6:50 PM, AKB said:

i want him to keep doing exactly what he is doing so I can keep complaining about it. 

which in my mind, means we probably fill a gap rd 1 instead of taking bpa, like we normally do, that probably extends to rd 2 

then we sign another budget or two, sign an udfa, and we go about .500 again. 

gus gets fired, and Ballard gets another year or two. that's likely what's gonna happen, and I'm gonna complain on here every day about it. 

So be wise and put this piehole on IGNORE and move on.

On 3/21/2024 at 6:13 PM, NFLfan said:

I've read plenty of yardbarker articles.

They're sort of middle of the the road.

The football rumor mill is a very crowded market and only the most outlandish stories generate the most clicks.

The real grades for these acquisitions will be given at the end of the season

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

I've read plenty of yardbarker articles.

They're sort of middle of the the road.

The football rumor mill is a very crowded market and only the most outlandish stories generate the most clicks.

The real grades for these acquisitions will be given at the end of the season

Sure, end of the season is best but ANY of the outlets that grade the acquisitions at this time of the year, or later, are no more "reputable" than others.  Its all just opinion, with some thinking their opinion should matter more because of their credentials...when their reasoning provided often seems incomplete.

25 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Sure, end of the season is best but ANY of the outlets that grade the acquisitions at this time of the year, or later, are no more "reputable" than others.  Its all just opinion, with some thinking their opinion should matter more because of their credentials...when their reasoning provided often seems incomplete.

I will say I'm very impressed with the moves the Titans have made and agree with the grade the Titans were given.

Short of injury the Titans could be real trouble this season

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 7:50 PM, 1959Colts said:

Yep. Colts are on the bottom. Not surprising.

I did read that they went after Hunter hard but he signed with the Texans for a smaller contract but Texans offered more guaranteed money. I felt that they really needed that one to get a legit pass rusher.  Sneed would have been a good one. Could you imagine with the additions of Hunter and Sneed to this D? Richardson is under a rookie contact, so yes I am not really impressed by their lack of moves. It may all fall apart for Houston, but at least they are aware of what needs to happen moving forward. Support Stroud and waste as much money as you have as he is under a rookie contract. . I believe that Irsay may not have wanted to give out that much guaranteed money in the Hunte and Sneed contracts.  Much of the same old under Ballard and Irsay.  

• Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 8:07 AM, PRnum1 said:

I will say I'm very impressed with the moves the Titans have made and agree with the grade the Titans were given.

No qb. I was high on Levis and thought it may have been coaching in college as to why he never reached his potential. He has all the tools but he is a  very frustrating player to watch nd probably coach. Gives you a lot of wow moments followed bye what the hell was that lol!!

• Like 2

On 4/5/2024 at 1:38 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

No qb. I was high on Levis and thought it may have been coaching in college as to why he never reached his potential. He has all the tools but he is a  very frustrating player to watch nd probably coach. Gives you a lot of wow moments followed bye what the hell was that lol!!

Kind of Carson Wentz-like.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 4:07 PM, PRnum1 said:

The Titans are doing some good things and if they land a Joe Alt and some other quality players in the draft they could be a problem IF the light comes on for Levis.

• Like 2

Just now, Solid84 said:

The Titans are doing some good things and if they land a Joe Alt and some other quality players in the draft they could be a problem IF the light comes on for Levis.

The new coach also has to tie it all together. I still think it was a mistake to let Vrabel go, as he often got a lot out of his players. 

Callahan is a good coach, and was great with Cincy and Burrow. But that doesn’t always translate to being a good head coach. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

The new coach also has to tie it all together. I still think it was a mistake to let Vrabel go, as he often got a lot out of his players. 

Callahan is a good coach, and was great with Cincy and Burrow. But that doesn’t always translate to being a good head coach. 

I forgot they let Vrabel walk. That could take a year for things to click especially with an inexperienced QB already on his second playbook.

Yeah, OC/DC is different from HC and not everyone has what it takes to be successful in that position.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

I forgot they let Vrabel walk. That could take a year for things to click especially with an inexperienced QB already on his second playbook.

Yeah, OC/DC is different from HC and not everyone has what it takes to be successful in that position.

Yep. Not to mention it was Zac Taylor calling the plays during the games. So that will be a new experience for Brian if he so chooses to call plays. 

• Like 1