Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

51 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think AR can be everything we hoped and we still lose with  how bad this colts secondary is. That alone could get him canned.

Well, if Ballard gets fired, then you’ll finally be happy!    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think it’s the actual players they are getting. It’s the fact Ballard doesn’t seem to care enough to try and improve this team.

He tried to sign Danielle Hunter but lost him.  Looked into Sneed as well.  I think he was trying.  There is a long way to go until the season starts.  Bills just pulled off this trade today.  He could pull off a trade anytime.  The off season is a moving target.  No need to panic this early.  I’m not conceding anything to the Texans this early. 

• Like 1

Just now, richard pallo said:

He tried to sign Danielle Hunter but lost him.  Looked into Sneed as well.  I think he was trying.  There is a long way to go until the season starts.  Bills just pulled off this trade today.  He could pull off a trade anytime.  The off season is a moving target.  No need to panic this early.  I’m not conceding anything to the Texans this early. 

It’s been 8 years. We know who he is by now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think it’s the actual players they are getting. It’s the fact Ballard doesn’t seem to care enough to try and improve this team.

Probably your most interesting take yet.

17 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'd think both states would have to collaborate to approve a special tax district for the KC metro area.  Then tax the metro area like Indy did with Marion and surrounding counties.

Thanks.  Thats good info.  And I’ve never read that before.   Appreciate it! 

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This tweet has me thinking colts players are ok with mediocrity because they know Ballard is going to overpay them to keep them here.

And he still has done nothing.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

In my best foo fighters voice “it’s times like these we miss the laugh emoji.” 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This tweet has me thinking colts players are ok with mediocrity because they know Ballard is going to overpay them to keep them here.

And he still has done nothing.

That's not what Zaire is saying.....but carry on with your negative rants. You're entertaining!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Manning had nothing to do with elevating players? You really want to make that argument? Tom Brady, Michael Jordan, Lebron James don’t elevate teammates? I don’t buy that at all. We don’t know what Clark and Wayne would have done at other teams at all. We only know what they did when Peyton Manning (or in Wayne’s case towards the end of his career, andrew luck) were throwing to them. Polian did well at defensive end, without any doubts. And Peyton Manning’s high profiled offenses getting large leads helped significantly with those players developing and producing at an elite level. 

Tom Brady, Michael Jordan and Manning were great, no doubt, and their greatness helped elevate their team. They also have fantastic marketing teams that make particularly egotistical fans who like to believe they are like them actually believe a large portion of their team's success stemmed only from them, and it usually results in the GM/coach of the team (Belichick, Polian, Krause) getting downplayed excessively as a result. And those marketing teams are damn good at their jobs.

Polian >> Ballard at drafting. Not really close tbh.

Just now, colts89 said:

Tom Brady, Michael Jordan and Manning were great, no doubt, and their greatness helped elevate their team. They also have fantastic marketing teams that make particularly egotistical fans who like to believe they are like them actually believe a large portion of their team's success stemmed only from them, and it usually results in the GM/coach of the team (Belichick, Polian, Krause) getting downplayed excessively as a result. And those marketing teams are damn good at their jobs.

Ballard’s teams with Peyton Manning = same success. 

that’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it. You can disagree all you want. Manning has his statue outside for a reason. Polian would have lasted half as long as Ballard has without him… 

14 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Ballard’s teams with Peyton Manning = same success. 

that’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it. You can disagree all you want. Manning has his statue outside for a reason. Polian would have lasted half as long as Ballard has without him… 

Polian resume pre Manning was still levels above Ballard

3 minutes ago, Mikemccoy84 said:

This roster is fine. It may not be what people want but if manning was the quarterback they would be division favorites. He won with several rosters that were worse than this.

This roster would get demolished by the Colts rosters from 2003-2007.

1 minute ago, runthepost said:

He wasn’t here post Manning. He was fired when Peyton was released

exactly. And why? Because the year with manning on the sidelines, we couldn’t win… So they had to release manning and all of Polian’s players to start new with Andrew Luck. what was freeney’s contract- like 20% of the entire cap? lol… 

we don’t know what Polian would have done without Peyton Manning. The colts could easily be elsewhere, and Peyton Manning would have still been a dominant football player. Just like he was in Denver. 

This bad news for the Colts. Diggs could be the missing link that helps Stroud take a huge leap.

Look at what Diggs did for Josh Allen.

Titans are bolstering up their WR core as well with Hopkins and Ridley.

I'm sure as we speak Ballard is busy putting together a blockbuster trade package

Excited Wake Up GIF by Originals

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

exactly. And why? Because the year with manning on the sidelines, we couldn’t win… So they had to release manning and all of Polian’s players to start new with Andrew Luck. what was freeney’s contract- like 20% of the entire cap? lol… 

we don’t know what Polian would have done without Peyton Manning. The colts could easily be elsewhere, and Peyton Manning would have still been a dominant football player. Just like he was in Denver. 

3 straight superbowls with the Bills and built an expansion team to a contender in 2 seasons before coming to the Colts. It’s been 8 years of Ballard and we are 54-60-1 with a 1-2 playoff record 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No it doesn’t. 

I really think they have worthy on their radar. They have poured so many resources into scouting him. 

I think we're drafting Bowers or WR at 15 - I just think it's the wrong approach.

14 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Polian is the best GM of all time.  A first ballot HoF GM.    But take a look at Polian’s last 5 years of drafting.  This is something @Superman first pointed out.  After great drafting for about 7 years Polian’s last five years were terrible.  Seriously,  look up “Colts all-time draft”.   You’ll be surprised at what you find.  

27 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Except now he has a coach and hopefully a franchise quarterback.

So would have any new GM by now.  You're tossing away 8 years like it was just a bad dream?

13 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

This roster would get demolished by the Colts rosters from 2003-2007.

So?    Those teams were loaded with Hall of Fame players.  They’d kill most NFL teams, not just the current Colts team. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Polian is the best GM of all time.  A first ballot HoF GM.    But take a look at Polian’s last 5 years of drafting.  This is something @Superman first pointed out.  After great drafting for about 7 years Polian’s last five years were terrible.  Seriously,  look up “Colts all-time draft”.   You’ll be surprised at what you find.  

I don’t think he’s the best at all. He won 1 Super Bowl with arguably the greatest qb of all time. What did his teams do against Bill Belichick with similar qb play? 

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So would have any new GM by now.  You're just tossing away 8 years like it was just a bad dream?

it was a bad dream. Andrew luck retiring was a nightmare! 

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I don’t think he’s the best at all. He won 1 Super Bowl with arguably the greatest qb of all time. What did his teams do against Bill Belichick with similar qb play? 

You’re only focused on Polian’s stay in Indy.   Polian also had his stay in Buffalo and Carolina.   Polian is the best GM by far. 

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

That does make some sense actually.

It only makes sense if that de is better  than who we have if he isn't  then it doesn't  make sense as it would be a panic move

6 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

This bad news for the Colts. Diggs could be the missing link that helps Stroud take a huge leap.

I'm sure as we speak Ballard is busy putting together a blockbuster trade package

Diggs is now four years older from when he went there for a 1st rd pick.  His average years per catch has dropped with Allen as his quarterback.  And he now has become a distraction and headache for the team with his behavior.  They traded him and incurred a big dead cap hit for a reason.  They decided to cut ties anyway.  That says a lot.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Good lord.  So Ballard will take us to the SB in his 10th year and he'll be again regarded as a genius who was simply held back by Luck's retirement in his second year.

Its been 7 years,  He's already earned the mark of a stink.  Its what he is.  Its just a matter of whether or not he'll be given enough time to claw back to level water.

If the entire key to success is getting a QB, then its not rocket surgery to try to move heaven and earth to find one ASAP.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Diggs was a lot younger and better than.  Last year he was showing definite signs of regression and also exhibited classic Diggs drama about his lack of involvement in the offense even though they were winning games when he was downplayed in the offensive game plan.  

of course, he was the number one on the Bills and his role with Texans is likely different  as a number two

or maybe number three.  However, how will he take being relegated?  Who knows.  Can see either way.  Him

being awesome or a massive headache and not the worth the draft capital sent and money spent on him with him ushered out of Houston next offseason after he’s turned 31 (He’s 30 turning 31 this season)

that’s what makes the NFL fun.  Never know.  Could be awesome or could be Julio to the Titans.  Saw tons of whining about colts not getting in on it and turns out, he was washed.  

• Like 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

You’re only focused on Polian’s stay in Indy.   Polian also had his stay in Buffalo and Carolina.   Polian is the best GM by far. 

mostly focused on Indy. But he still only won 1 Super Bowl. That can’t be considered the best. Sorry, I won’t budge on that. There were plenty that had better success. Belichick’s teams were far better, even when the better qb was here…