Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts can’t really extend Buckner with Dayo a FA after the season. I said it before I expect Dayo to get extended after the season and Buckner to be gone.

What makes you say that?

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So I doubt he is ready by Sept. if he is he won’t have his explosion back

Have you seen any of his rehab videos he has put out?

He is doing just fine.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts can’t really extend Buckner with Dayo a FA after the season. I said it before I expect Dayo to get extended after the season and Buckner to be gone.

I hope not, Dayo and Buckner can (are) both be really good together. Dayo as the LDE that can kick inside on pass plays, Buckner at 3-tech. Buckner’s next contract is going to cost a fortune though.

Not sure we’ll be picking up Paye’s 5th year option though. Brings drafting a DE into play this year in Day 1 or 2.

20 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Who you cutting if we add an edge. Adding more edge  won’t matter if secondary can’t cover.

Not even sure who I’d cut, let them battle it out in camp. 

Regarding secondary, I’m expecting Ballard to do his usual and grab some cheap vets who can still provide something or even excel (ex. Xavier Rhodes when we signed him).  And then as I said above, use our second to grab someone like Kool Aid.

im not in the boat of everything is doomed.  I was indifferent on getting sneed anyway, leaning more to not wanting him.  I am bummed we didn’t get or try to go after a no brainer like McKinney, but it is what it is.  There are still some options out there and I hope Ballard does what he needs to get them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steichen is my only hope we might go offense at 15.

I think you need something else to lean on besides the Colts. They appear to make you extraordinarily miserable. 

Take up gardening, get a dog, go to the beach - do something, anything to get some tranquility in your life. It is sorely needed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Chloe, you still don't get it. Ballard does NOT value CB at that level. I really doubt he spends a top 15 pick on the position, especially since NONE of the top CBs in the draft cover his length requirements for the position. He might trade back to the end of the 1st or beginning of R2 and take like... Kool-Aid McKinstry or TJ Tampa or Ennis Rakestraw ... 

But you know what position he really values? He values the hell out of the trenches and especially defensive trenches... and there are players in that 15 range that fit the bill... Dallas Turner(if he falls to 15)... he's like almost carbon copy of the guy he tried to sign in FA - Danielle Hunter if you look at his measurements and testing, Jared Verse, Chop Robinson, Latu... he can easily fall in love with any of them IMO, 

I really hope that Ballard goes best available WR at 15 to give AR all the help he needs.

Dallas Turner won't make it past the Falcons since they signed Cousins one of my favorite QBs. @NFLfan

Ballard says we need to be more explosive and I can't see how signing a cb at 15 makes us more explosive .

Ballard will sign a cb in the 3rd or 4th round

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I agree. It’s still early and we should see how it plays out

1 minute ago, PRnum1 said:

I really hope that Ballard goes best available WR at 15.

Dallas Turner won't make it past the Falcons since they signed Cousins one of my favorite QBs. @NFLfan

Ballard says we need to be more explosive and I can't see how signing a cb at 15 makes us more explosive 

he said we need more explosiveness on offense and to limit explosive plays on defense… that would mean defensive backs 

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

he said we need more explosiveness on offense and to limit explosive plays on defense… that would mean defensive backs 

Our WR corps at this point is very mundane and far from explosive 

And why would you draft a CB at 15 to play in Gus's deep soft cover 2 zone where CB play 15 yards off the receiver?

A 3rd or 4th round rookie will do fine there.  

That's why Ballard dropped the Sneed pursuit

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

And why would you draft a CB at 15 to play in Gus's deep soft cover 2 zone where CB play 15 yards off the receiver?

This offense is going to be explosive with AR back. That part I am not worried about although it would bf nice to add an elite weapon at 15.

• Like 1

It doesnt bother me that we are picking 15th, its that we cant get the 4 positions we need with that pick....but I am sure we will find an explosive veteran Rookie there......I just hope the detonations are on the field and not in the locker room.....

22 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

You know who my favorite was. :) Too bad we could not pull a trade for him in 2016 or 2018.

Anyway, I am rooting for Ballard to get a top defensive back or receiver in the draft.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Excellent post. I am not convinced our corners are no good. With Gus' scheme, Dion Sanders would probably have looked bad back there.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I think you need something else to lean on besides the Colts. They appear to make you extraordinarily miserable. 

Take up gardening, get a dog, go to the beach - do something, anything to get some tranquility in your life. It is sorely needed. 

Hey in fairness to Chloe she had a dog she loved a lot and lost.  With respect to you Jskinnz I am sure you didn’t know what when you said this.  I know you meant no malice but as a pet lover losing one you love a lot can take a long time to recover from.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Hey in fairness to Chloe she had a dog she loved a lot and lost.  With respect to you Jskinnz I am sure you didn’t know what when you said this.  I know you meant no malice but as a pet lover losing one you love a lot can take a long time to recover from.

No joke, I literally had to pretty much give my dog the heimlich a couple days ago.

He got into something and started trying to throw it up. He was struggling getting it out and started to stumble, couldn't breathe. Then fell over on his side unconscious. Had to to some compression on his belly. 

He was a little shocked for a while, pretty docile. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I currently have two puppies in my house lol.  One will be a year next month and the other will be five months next week.

Got a 2yr old golden doodle and a 6 month old golden doodle. (6 month was the one that was choking)

Daughter is allergic so those are the route to take.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

No joke, I literally had to pretty much give my dog the heimlich a couple days ago.

He got into something and started trying to throw it up. He was struggling getting it out and started to stumble, couldn't breathe. Then fell over on his side unconscious. Had to to some compression on his belly. 

He was a little shocked for a while, pretty docile. 

Glad your dog is okay.  I am a dog lover by nature but as I live in a condo I have a cat and I’d be destroyed if something happened to her.

• Like 2

Telling someone they have mental issues and need to go get a dog is a new low on this forum.

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Got a 2yr old golden doodle and a 6 month old golden doodle. (6 month was the one that was choking)

Daughter is allergic so those are the route to take.

That’s sad.

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

Oh no. I hope he is okay. I love dogs. This one is my favorite. His name is Buster.

IMG-20231126-WA00032.jpg.57d69ffe8b0448d456df7ffc0a63d5bc.jpg

IMG_20240127_2019542.jpg.01c85866cd4150067eb46f6e181c7102.jpg

Back to Colts Free Agency...

New rule when things get heated someone posts a dog picture to settle us all down.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Oh no. I hope he is okay. I love dogs. This one is my favorite. His name is Buster. My sister's dog.

IMG-20231126-WA00032.jpg.57d69ffe8b0448d456df7ffc0a63d5bc.jpg

IMG_20240127_2019542.jpg.01c85866cd4150067eb46f6e181c7102.jpg

Back to Colts Free Agency...

If he wasn't named after Buster Bluth then I suggest your sister reevaluate her priorities in life. lmao

Also, Buster is adorable :heart:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Telling someone they have mental issues and need to go get a dog is a new low on this forum.

it’s pretty low. 

I pick on you, but I hope you know it’s not mean spirited. Everyone has enough mental issues to justify getting a dog… mine has kept me grounded for nearly a decade. 

• Like 2

I read that safety is the Colts' top need. Who is highest on your list of available safeties? Name two.

In terms of pure need, the safety position takes the cake. The Colts are in dire need of a strong safety, and their options to add a quality starter are dwindling. There’s still a chance they bring back Julian Blackmon, which would help. But there’s a good chance this position is the team’s biggest weakness going into the season.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/lists/colts-free-agency-needs-updated-ranking/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I read that safety is the Colts' top need. Who is highest on your list of available safeties? Name two.

Diggs, Simmons. 

we need a free safety. I like Cross at SS. I think he’ll continue to grow. I do like Thomas on the field… 

• Like 1

It’s funny how many people think the offense is terrible. If everyone is healthy we should see a big upgrade being year two and many young players having more experience. Downs, Pierce or one of the young Te’s all could be in for a breakout year.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts won’t be blitzing more like fans want with this young secondary. It’s going to be just like left year where Gus cant trust the young corners.

yup, that’s why I was hoping for McKinney.  As a veteran all pro safety blanket.  We have vets with our linebackers so all the corners have to do is stick to their man.  And if they catch something underneath, then heck that’s we do anyways lol.  But at least with a ball hawk safety the threat of being beat over the top due to the blitz would not be as much of a concern.  Now, with Thomas/harrison and cross, I’d rather us play nothing but zone lol

• Like 1

Any University of Georgia football fans here? The Vikes drafted former Georgia Bulldog safety Lewis Cine in the first round two years ago. He missed the first year with injury and did not play much last season. He is likely to be cut, as Camryn Bynum, Harrison Smith, Josh Metellus and maybe others are ahead of him on the depth chart.

Is he worth trading a 7th round pick for?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I've had both cats and dogs (currently a cat). Nothing warms my heart like that little furball crawling in my lap purring and demanding bellyrubs.

I have 2.  Boy and girl.  Boy is 6 months, girl is 6 years.  Girl a rescue, boy adopted straight from the litter.  Total opposites.  The girl is so shy and reserved (except with me) and the boy is chaotic and adventurous.  Love them both.  I like dogs but I also don’t like rodents (phobia) and I’d rather let nature sort itself out than to use inhumane stuff like glue traps lol.  

• Like 5

The chiefs have a handful of top level talent at various positions and an elite QB. The colts have a handful of top level talent and various positions and are hoping to have an elite level QB. We will find out this year if the Colts have that guy. The reason the chiefs win the SB is BECAUSE of that QB. Ballards methods work fine if you have the QB. He’s not changing those methods this season because he thinks we have the HC and the QB to make this team a success. Just my two cents. 

honestly I’d like the Colts to draft the best blocking TE in this draft, because when Doyle was here, JT was an MVP candidate. 

• Like 1