Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Kelly is Not Retiring

1959Colts

Kelly has 12M left on his contract. I doubt he will leave that on the table... but... there have been little rumors coming from Indy journalists that he might be considering retirement. Like... remember there were with AC the year before he retired? I hope we don't get surprised and unprepared like we were when AC retired. IMO Ballard needs to start thinking about long-term alternative in case all those rumors have a hint of truth about them. I'm not saying spend a 1st rounder on a center, but maybe get a young guy to be understudy to Kelly in the 3d or 4th round... :dunno:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, stitches said:

Kelly has 12M left on his contract. I doubt he will leave that on the table... but... there have been little rumors coming from Indy journalists that he might be considering retirement. Like... remember there were with AC the year before he retired? I hope we don't get surprised and unprepared like we were when AC retired. IMO Ballard needs to start thinking about long-term alternative in case all those rumors have a hint of truth about them. I'm not saying spend a 1st rounder on a center, but maybe get a young guy to be understudy to Kelly in the 3d or 4th round... :dunno:

I'm sure Ballard has had extensive talks with Kelly.  

5 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Could be time to cut him like Shaq.

He's washed up and we need to get AR a real center.

AR deserves the best protection 

Uh what?  Did you watch him play this year?  Kelly had a fantastic season and his PFF grade backs it up.  

Chris Ballard has already made it clear that no one is safe, and no one has a guaranteed contract. 

Kelly's always been hot one year and cold the next.  Although he did play outstanding this season, I could see the Colts move him to NY Giants and reunite him with Glowinski.  The Giants OL was horrible, and John Michael could learn a lot from Kelly.  This would free up much needed cap space. 

Kind of expecting the Giants like most mock draft boards to select an OL on Day 1.  Trading Kelly to the Giants and moving back late in Round 1 and taking JPJ is one draft philosophy.  Not sure what we could get as a trade deal possibly a 2nd and/or 4th round pick or even trade for someone like SS Jason Pinnock who would only cost us 1m in cap space this year given the uncertainty and am assuming we do not resign Blackmon.  Again, no guarantee that JPJ would play lights out as a rookie much like how poorly John Michael played this past year for the Giants.  

Doubt the Giants would trade us back Okereke... 

37 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Chris Ballard has already made it clear that no one is safe, and no one has a guaranteed contract. 

Kelly's always been hot one year and cold the next.  Although he did play outstanding this season, I could see the Colts move him to NY Giants and reunite him with Glowinski.  The Giants OL was horrible, and John Michael could learn a lot from Kelly.  This would free up much needed cap space. 

Kind of expecting the Giants like most mock draft boards to select an OL on Day 1.  Trading Kelly to the Giants and moving back late in Round 1 and taking JPJ is one draft philosophy.  Not sure what we could get as a trade deal possibly a 2nd and/or 4th round pick or even trade for someone like SS Jason Pinnock who would only cost us 1m in cap space this year given the uncertainty and am assuming we do not resign Blackmon.  Again, no guarantee that JPJ would play lights out as a rookie much like how poorly John Michael played this past year for the Giants.  

Doubt the Giants would trade us back Okereke... 

yeah no one is safe.  I am sure Ballard is shopping Richardson as we speak…

that’s classic GM speak.  Certain people are safe and they are the core of their team and Kelly is a part of that.