Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay ill

Unfortunately when you're dealing with pain and the medication isn't cutting it this happens. Of course there is the addiction aspect but it seems many think a person does this because they want to get stoned/high. When dealing with chronic pain there is no weaning off the medication completely.

• Like 4

This happened on December 8th. Irsay was at the Steelers game on the 16th and looked fine. So the incident he had has nothing to do why he is in the hospital. Rumor is he has had pneumonia and trouble breathing, drugs have nothing to do with it. Of course TMZ/Media is making his incident a story. Now days, if someone screws up, the media TMZ is right there to pry into people's business. Pathetic.

• Like 9

I do have to say that people in the organization were acting weird about this.  If someone is simply physically ill with something, you generally get a different response - wishing him a quick recovery, etc.

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This happened on December 8th. Irsay was at the Steelers game on the 16th and looked fine. So the incident he had has nothing to do why he is in the hospital. Rumor is he has had pneumonia and trouble breathing, drugs have nothing to do with it. Of course TMZ/Media is making his incident a story. Now days, if someone screws up, the media TMZ is right there to pry into people's business. Pathetic.

TMZ is pathetic- gossip is all it is and as the Eagles sang “They love dirty laundry”. 
  You can tell by the way Jim walks, he’s got back issues. I’ve got arthritis in my spine and neck and it’s no fun. 
  Prayers go out to Jim Irsay! 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I hope the story is wrong but if it’s not that’s sad and I hope Jim gets the help he needs.  Not because he’s the Colts owner but because he’s a human.

The story is probably right but it has nothing to do why he is the hospital. People are going to think it is now.

15 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I believe within the next few years one of his daughters will take his spot and become the new owner of the Colts. Hopefully he gets better.

He’s getting close to the point where he needs to step away. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I had a feeling that something else was up. He was posting on Twitter clear through Dec 8th.  Kind of sad colts lied. They could have put out some other kind of message instead of he sss sick without saying what happened. He still would of been posting his usual stuff on Twitter if he was just sick.

He was posting as late as January 8th

• Like 2

It hasn't been confirmed that Irsay's respiratory infection is connected with his illness in December. The two might have nothing in common. 

I hope that he makes a full recovery. I think, though, that he needs to step down because of health problems. He needs to take care of himself and let his family take over the Colts organization. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, teganslaw said:

It hasn't been confirmed that Irsay's respiratory infection is connected with his illness in December. The two might have nothing in common. 

I hope that he makes a full recovery. I think, though, that he needs to step down because of health problems. He needs to take care of himself and let his family take over the Colts organization. 

He is only 64.  

37 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I believe within the next few years one of his daughters will take his spot and become the new owner of the Colts. Hopefully he gets better.

Does anybody know what his daughter's allegiances/ties to the Indy area are? I know she was probably raised here, but rich folks have a way of making many places their home...so they end up not having just one.

Jim was committed to keeping the Colts in Indy, in part because he was part of the move to Indy in the first place...at least witnessed it and understood the motivations.   The next generation of Irsay's may not have the same emotional ties to the situation and would be more open to any pressure the NFL might put on wanting other markets filled with an NFL team.

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Does anybody know what his daughter's allegiances/ties to the Indy area are? I know she was probably raised here, but rich folks have a way of making many places their home...so they end up not having just one.

Jim was committed to keeping the Colts in Indy, in part because he was part of the move to Indy in the first place...at least witnessed it and understood the motivations.   The next generation of Irsay's may not have the same emotional ties to the situation and would be more open to any pressure the NFL might put on wanting other markets filled with an NFL team.

I think you’re overthinking the situation. There’s no reason to believe his kids will leave Indy especially when they grew up and made friends and family in Indy.  Also let’s say they do want to leave Indy where will they go plus who replaces them in the AFCS see how it gets complicated lol.

This reportedly happened only two weeks after Irsay threatened to sue ESPN over Stephen A. Smith saying he had drugs in the car, or whatever, at the traffic arrest years ago.  

10 minutes ago, DougDew said:

They're not leaving.  They have it made here.  The team is almost entirely subsidized by the city and state, and fan support, even in down seasons, is more than adequate.

It's not 1998.  Nationwide, public funding for stadiums has dried up.  If they went elsewhere, they would have to foot most of the bill for a 2 billion dollar stadium themselves.  They will be refurbishing and playing in Lucas Oil for a long time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Does anybody know what his daughter's allegiances/ties to the Indy area are? I know she was probably raised here, but rich folks have a way of making many places their home...so they end up not having just one

for one, they are all Indianapolis based girls. All 3 are vice-chairs and co-owners of the franchise. So the succession is in place.

Carley is the oldest and has represented the team since 2004. 

Casey is married to AJ Foyt IV, you know the Indy car family… she went to Indiana University, as did Kalen, the youngest. 

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

for one, they are all Indianapolis based girls. All 3 are vice-chairs and co-owners of the franchise. So the succession is in place.

Casey is married to AJ Foyt IV, you know the Indy car family… she went to Indiana University, as did Kalen, the youngest. 

Only thing that worries me is if they can afford the taxes. That’s why Denver got sold. Supposedly 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks, Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

I’ll say this caveat though. While the drugs themselves can’t cause respiratory illnesses, they can lower ones immune system thus making the person more vulnerable to such infections.

that said, it’s none of our business and we just need to keep Irsay and his family in our thoughts and prayers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Did not make that connection to Foyt. 

Just now, csmopar said:

I’ll say this caveat though. While the drugs themselves can’t cause respiratory illnesses, they can lower ones immune system thus making the person more vulnerable to such infections.

that said, it’s none of our business and we just need to keep Irsay and his family in our thoughts and prayers. 

I do agree with that. Lets just hope big Boss gets well. 

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Only thing that worries me is if they can afford the taxes. That’s why Denver got sold. Supposedly 

It depends how sentimental his museum is… selling his collect ion would put a huge dent in the taxes. I can’t imagine that taxes hasn’t been part of the planning. It’s poor planning if it hasn’t been in the works. I can’t imagine that being the case. 

perhaps they bring in some minority ownership to raise capital to offset that burden, but I don’t see it with how involved are. The Colts are the Irsay legacy. They all seem to be all-in on that. You can spot Carley on the sideline with a headset on most home games. 

• Like 1