Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Texans post game

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I am ready for the change.

I am interested to see who Shane has in mind since he has been around a bit.

I trust Shane will make the right choice. He did with the Oline coach. I would like someone younger with new ideas. Hopefully we don’t have to wait forever for the new guy because he is in the playoffs. We need him in quick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ArmchairQB said:

I know we’re all upset but I feel bad for Goodson.  That’s a tough break.  He’s getting a bunch of threats over a damn game is so ridiculous. 

I feel bad for him too and anyone threatening someone over a game is a low life.  I’d say something stronger but I don’t want to get in trouble with the mods for people who aren’t worth it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think we need a younger innovative mind. I said the same thing about HC. Thought we needed a young offensive mind. I think we need the same on defense. I don’t follow this stuff close  to know who candidates might be,

If the Colts do make a change a name to watch, Dave Borgonzi.  He was the linebackers coach here from 2018 to 2021 and is currently with the Bears and got an interview with the Chargers last year for the DC job there.  

If they go in-house Nate Ollie could be a name to watch.  He coached the line this year which was the best unit on the defense.  He’d be pretty young though as he only has nine years of coaching experience.

9 hours ago, Goatface Killah said:

So the Texans allowed JT to keep us in the game........and almost beat them, because they were focused on our passing game, which features Gardner Minshew who cant hit a wide open RB in the flat, and a bunch of recievers that, also according to you, arent very good either.

Doug, you're hilarious. As usual. 

It’s not that far fetched and is actually pretty sound.

When the Texans wanted to stop the run, they absolutely did. Four times on the last series actually. The touchdown was a missed tackle and as stated, everyone else was scattered. On the season the Texans typically allowed a bit over 3 yards per carry before Saturday.

I think they thought to take their chances with a less than 100% JT rather than risk letting Minshew hitting someone open for the big play. Slows the game down and makes it more predictable.

I know it’s the trendy thing to think Minshew is terrible but he did make some pretty great throws that game and has the capability to do so.

• Like 2

After rewatching the dropped pass by Goodson, It was a good play call Shane didnt get cute. I let my emotions get the best of me. It wasn't a well placed throw, but I believe it was one he could have caught. 

• Like 3

I wont be saying anything that has not been said.

Good call on the 4th and 1 , wrong personnel. Cant do anything with the QB at that point. It is what it is, and we know how GM rolls. Why isn't Taylor or Moss in? I feel bad for Goodson, dropping that. Yeah, wasn't the greatest pass, but if it hits you in the hands you hopefully should be able to pull it in. Its a shame.....

Ballard seats probably pretty hot(better be), and if things don't turn next year, its time to be shown the door. We need more than just "adequate" results. He has plenty had PLENTY OF TIME.

I know its been said and talked about. Garner Minshew played this season for a starting spot next year on another team. Fine. He has bounced around for a reason. He is not the qb that will lead you to a championship.  He is perfect for what he did with the Colts this year and/ or any other team. Great back up , win some games, holds things down to the "A" team gets back in. Glad we had him, hopefully we can hang on to him, but if not, good luck. Like I mentioned and described , he is what he is.   

AR showed promise. To bad he was hurt and missed the season. This next season will still be year 1 for him as far as learning and experience. Hopefully he can be on a fast track and stay healthy. Staying injury free and on the field is priority one, If that does not happen......we are in trouble.

Before the season if I would have been told we would have been 9-8 with AR or with GM. I would have taken it. Having a rookie guide you to that or that back up, I think that's somewhat acceptable.

At times this team looked better than that , and below that other times . So I guess that's what you get a .500ish winning percentage.

"Wait until next year1".......that ones getting old and worn out.

5 hours ago, ArmchairQB said:

I know we’re all upset but I feel bad for Goodson.  That’s a tough break.  He’s getting a bunch of threats over a damn game is so ridiculous. 

I was hoping this wouldn't happen. It recently happened to a Steelers safety this year as well. People need to stop with this crap. 

• Like 2

Another thing I think people are missing, since Taylor ran out of bounds twice(Not once, TWICE!) even if we had scored there would have been plenty of time for Stroud to go downfield against Bradley's no-resistence prevent-the-win defense. And we would have lost on a last second field goal.

13 minutes ago, jszfunk said:

I wont be saying anything that has not been said.

Good call on the 4th and 1 , wrong personnel. Cant do anything with the QB at that point. It is what it is, and we know how GM rolls. Why isn't Taylor or Moss in? I feel bad for Goodson, dropping that. Yeah, wasn't the greatest pass, but if it hits you in the hands you hopefully should be able to pull it in. Its a shame.....

Ballard seats probably pretty hot(better be), and if things don't turn next year, its time to be shown the door. We need more than just "adequate" results. He has plenty had PLENTY OF TIME.

I know its been said and talked about. Garner Minshew played this season for a starting spot next year on another team. Fine. He has bounced around for a reason. He is not the qb that will lead you to a championship.  He is perfect for what he did with the Colts this year and/ or any other team. Great back up , win some games, holds things down to the "A" team gets back in. Glad we had him, hopefully we can hang on to him, but if not, good luck. Like I mentioned and described , he is what he is.   

AR showed promise. To bad he was hurt and missed the season. This next season will still be year 1 for him as far as learning and experience. Hopefully he can be on a fast track and stay healthy. Staying injury free and on the field is priority one, If that does not happen......we are in trouble.

Before the season if I would have been told we would have been 9-8 with AR or with GM. I would have taken it. Having a rookie guide you to that or that back up, I think that's somewhat acceptable.

At times this team looked better than that , and below that other times . So I guess that's what you get a .500ish winning percentage.

"Wait until next year1".......that ones getting old and worn out.

Why is his seat hot? He hired Shane. He and Shane were one play away from the playoffs (and division title). That’s after our QB of the future went down for the season due to a biological issue no one could have known. Relied on our septh all season long and many of them surprised, especially on defense. 

No, if anyone needs to go it’s Gus Bradley. We were top tier in sacks and turnovers. But late in games, he was far too content with sitting in coverage, not scheme pressure on the QB except at a league lowest pace, and let opposing QBs sit back, read coverage long enough for someone to finally get open. How many 2nd and 3rd and longs did we give up conversions on? Waaaaay too many. All year long.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Why is his seat hot? He hired Shane. He and Shane were one play away from the playoffs (and division title). That’s after our QB of the future went down for the season due to a biological issue no one could have known. Relied on our septh all season long and many of them surprised, especially on defense. 

No, if anyone needs to go it’s Gus Bradley. We were top tier in sacks and turnovers. But late in games, he was far too content with sitting in coverage, not scheme pressure on the QB except at a league lowest pace, and let opposing QBs sit back, read coverage long enough for someone to finally get open. How many 2nd and 3rd and longs did we give up conversions on? Waaaaay too many. All year long.

Gus’s defense is dependent on pressure from the front four.  We were fifth in sacks but not so good in pressure.  I think it’s more than likely he stays and Ballard goes out and gets a new ER who can be expected to bring the pressure.  Our current ER’s are nice players but not dominant in bringing pressure.  I’m expecting a major attempt to get that player.

• Like 1

My guess is Pittman is saying pay me what I am worth or I will explore my options. I think a deal will get done. Can’t wait to hear what Ballard says about him.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Gus’s defense is dependent on pressure from the front four.  We were fifth in sacks but not so good in pressure.  I think it’s more than likely he stays and Ballard goes out and gets a new ER who can be expected to bring the pressure.  Our current ER’s are nice players but not dominant in bringing pressure.  I’m expecting a major attempt to get that player.

A lot of that is the secondary.  You can’t  get pressure if the secondary can’t cover. I am fine either way and I trust Steichen. 

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

My guess is Pittman is saying pay me what I am worth or I will explore my options. I think a deal will get done. Can’t wait to hear what Ballard says about him.

A lot of that is the secondary.  You can’t  get pressure if the secondary can’t cover. I am fine either way and I trust Steichen. 

A lot of the secondaries problems were youth and inexperience.  And I do think we could use a veteran presence back there.  But pressure is the key.  I think Gus would be the 1st to say that.  A quarterback under duress is the perfect storm for his defense.

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think he comes back, but I don't really want that.  I am not usually a grass is always greener guy.  But for better or worse, at this point, I just think it's Irsay's style since Tony Dungy, if not before, to want his team in a Tampa 2 style defense.  So if we're going to keep Gus (or bring in a similar DC if not), we do need better pressure, yes, but jsut a sheer numbers game, 5 vs 4 is not exactly setting yourself up for success.  So there needs ot be more creativity scheming pressure, be that blitzes or stunts, and so on. 

I'm just tired of either coming back or going into the 4th tied or with the lead, and needing a stop or turnover, only for the defense to get utterly eviscerated, picked apart, lose the lead, and then need our average/backup QB to march down the field and score a TD just to come up short.  Hasn't been just htis year, but this year highlighted it for sure.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ryan Kelly is so blunt lol.

I respect he wants to play but he’s had, what? 4 concussions? And other injuries besides that. At some point it’s not his choice to make.