Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Game #14 Steelers @ Colts, Saturday, Dec. 15th, 4:30 PM EST

NFLfan

Steelers @ Colts  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer at QB for the Steelers?

• Mitch Trubisky
    • Mason Rudolph
    • I don't really care as long as we beat the Steelers.
  2. 2. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2023 at 09:50 PM

Just now, ColtsGermany said:

It's just mind boggling to me how Gus does the same sh.... Over and over again and not seeing that this is letting our opponents back into the game every time....

Yeah, not playing straight man on that 3rd and long was not a good plan

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Draft TY Hilton’s son so he can carry his father legacy of owning the Texans. 😂 
    • Sports journalism has been crap for a long time.   It's more important to be first than accurate.   I've seen articles using Twitter accounts as sources.    What happened to the old days.    Source the intel,  interview those involved .  Vet the Intel, write the story.    With the internet,  anyone with a website is a "journalist"  it's nonsense. Joseph Pulitzer is rolling in his grave 
    • I'm not a journalist either. I agree that it's best practice to offer the subject a chance to respond. My real point is that I don't think a lack of response from the subject automatically invalidates the information.   In this specific situation, I think the information was sensationalized. The initial report shared some nuanced opinions from unnamed sources, which I think is pretty common. The way the story took off from there is probably due to aggregation, for which I don't hold the initial reporter responsible.    And what it seems like here is we're pushing back against a "negative" report regarding a player the Colts drafted, rather than taking the information on its merits. 
    • There was nothing stopping Mitchell (or his agent) from contacting McGinn to say can I give you an interview so you can put out my side of the story.     Look….  Sports stories move quickly, if you had to get a response from every source in every story, stories would never get done.  Especially in a world where so much info is now getting tweeted out.  And if Mitchell or his agent didn’t trust McGinn, odds are it wouldn’t be hard to find a reporter who would be happy to interview Mitchell.  The kid has a compelling story.    So in many cases if a reporter can’t get to a player after a game, or needs more info, you can grab him before the next game and do a follow up where the player is now the full story.  I’m talking here about baseball,  basketball and hockey where there are multiple games in a week.  A little different in football, but you’d go to the team facility and get a follow up 1-on-1 for a good next day story.    Once the McGinn story was out there was time for Mitchell to do as much damage control as he thought necessary.     I don’t want to go on and on.  Hope I came close to answering.  If not, or you have more questions, hit me up, because I’m always here.   
    • I don't necessarily agree that if teams chose other WRs it means they didn't view him as a first round player. It just means they liked a different player more.    As for the rest, I think it's obvious that teams had concerns about AD Mitchell. I also think it's obvious the Colts weren't dying to draft him, otherwise they wouldn't have traded back. So the whole 'he was a surefire first rounder until unnamed sources went after him' thing doesn't quite connect for me.
  • Members