Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taylor could miss time

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Honestly I’m seeing this as a potential blessing. This will rest JT’s legs and likely keep him from risking a more serious injury, while at the same time allowing Moss to show the league what he can do. Hes gonna work that much harder knowing he’s potentially auditioning for other teams (I’m of the opinion we won’t be able to or want to afford what he wants).

We can pick up additional RBs for next year in the draft.

1 minute ago, colts89 said:

Glad we have Moss. Also glad it isn't a lower body injury.

Agreed. Hand injuries are most of the time not as severe as leg injuries for RBs. 

Stinks we won’t have him for a playoff push but I’d rather he be ready next year when we should (assuming Richardson continues to progress and isn’t injured again) have a better shot at the post season.

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

BTW, if I truly "disliked" JT, why would I need to avoid it just because you point it out?  Plenty of people here still maintain he should not have the money.  I am not one of them.  I'm pretty neutral about it, and hope he breaks off a few big runs to earn it.  Maybe he won't have the playing time now.

There was a time earlier this year that you believed being neutral was a waste of bandwidth and no good for discussion… what changed?

1 hour ago, bluebombers87 said:

Honestly I’m seeing this as a potential blessing. This will rest JT’s legs and likely keep him from risking a more serious injury, while at the same time allowing Moss to show the league what he can do. Hes gonna work that much harder knowing he’s potentially auditioning for other teams (I’m of the opinion we won’t be able to or want to afford what he wants).

If we want to, we could afford to pay him JT like money… especially with Shaq now off the books(mostly). 

1 hour ago, bluebombers87 said:

Dear God…

1) Losing your best player is not a blessing. 

2) Taylor already missed 4 games - his legs should be rested already. 

3) Do you really think this is the push to make Moss work harder? 

4) Thr league is already aware of what Moss can do. This will not be some big reveal for everyone. 

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

But if we lose to the Titans the playoff picture looks a whole lot harder.

Possibly but to be fair, we’ve already over achieved this season, and that’s without AR. Proving that coaching makes a huge difference on any roster. We’re primed for a status change providing we stay healthy 

Just now, jskinnz said:

Dear God…

1) Losing your best player is not a blessing. 

2) Taylor already missed 4 games - his legs should be rested already. 

3) Do you really think this is the push to make Moss work harder? 

4) Thr league is already aware of what Moss can do. This will not be some big reveal for everyone. 

Calm down.

1) In confused, I thought we were supposed to be positive? Or is the world ending. I can’t keep it straight with all of this.

2) And he’ll be that much more prepared for next season with his legs being rested that much longer.

3) Yes if he knows that a few more games balling out will prove it wasn’t a fluke.

4) Teams probably aren’t comfortable paying money to any player after a small sample size.

JT isn’t playing for the near future. Either look at the positives or wallow. I choose to see this as a blessing in disguise.

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

If we want to, we could afford to pay him JT like money… especially with Shaq now off the books(mostly). 

Eh I’d rather we put the money towards other areas of need. Although if the price is right I’d like to have him, I just don’t think he’ll take what we want to pay.

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Possibly but to be fair, we’ve already over achieved this season, and that’s without AR. Proving that coaching makes a huge difference on any roster. We’re primed for a status change providing we stay healthy 

Oh, I agree. Although I still get frustrated with several aspects of this team, overall, I'm somewhat pleased that we are 6-5 and trending in the right direction in many ways. My point was, that even with our schedule, I just don't feel very confidant that the playoffs are likely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

There was a time earlier this year that you believed being neutral was a waste of bandwidth and no good for discussion… what changed?

As a matter of discussing hypotheticals and possibilities, you have to speculate facts then form opinions to have a discussion.   If you came to this forum only allowed to speak to about actual facts as they are, nobody here knows enough about the Colts to actually have much to say.   

What I said was probably in response to somebody else implying my opinion was not valid because I did not support it with a Link.

As a the topic of JT, there are two layers here that folks are blending into one.  

There was a period of time when JT said that he wanted to be traded.  At that point I expressed an opinion about what his trade value would be given the fact that he wanted a new contract with any team...and...the other team thinking JT would not return to the Colts.  I said I'd take two 4th rounders, when everybody else said that he was a good enough player to command a 2nd or a 1st.  The 2 4th rounders was not reflective of JT as a talent, but reflective of the stalemate situation where it seemed the Colts would have to sort of dump him because of JTs stubbornness.  Part of that stubbornness was based upon the reports (rumors) that he wanted $18m per year and the wide spread indications that JT was exaggerating an injury to get out of Indy.  If all of that was true, then certain speculative discussions can spiral away from that centerpiece.  During that time, I never expressed an attitude that losing JT would be a great loss.  I didn't cry about not having him on the Colts.

Since I don't know what the poster is referring to when asked why he thinks I "dislike" JT, I can only assume its because of that.

Do you follow so far?

Then out of nowhere, its announced that JT has signed a contract for $14m.  So the idea that JT was being stubborn in not wanting to play for Indy, wanting $18m per year, and exaggerating an injury were pretty much debunked.....Therefore, all speculative discussions that were based upon those negative reports about JTs attitude disappear instantly.  They no longer exist because the basis was never true to begin with.

Now we have a guy who wasn't exaggerating his injury, and was fine with playing for the Colts.  I that case don't have an issue with $14m for JT (negotiating with him trying to get him back to the club when he "had a bad attitude" is different).  And if you ever wanted to research my comments, I never said anything about how many millions of dollars he should be paid.  As a matter of practice, I never do that about any player because my sense of compensation or price with just about anything does not seem to reflect what others might pay for it...and I'm not just talking about football. 

As a general rule though I'd say that teams should not get into a bidding war paying top dollar to retain non impact or nonballhandling positions. 

Just now, 1959Colts said:

overall I'm somewhat pleased that we are 6-5

This exactly. Our season has been over since week 5 and we are 6-5 and in the hunt for the playoffs. These season has been pleasing except for the elephant in the room. But everyone thought our roster was complete hot dog water and we were gonna be the laughing stock of the year. That's not been the case.. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't think I have ever seen/heard or read a fan laughing at an injury to a player who plays on the team they root for. I'm not sure what to think of it.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Because a person who is accurately tuned into the forum would know that the laugh was commentary about the entire JT saga and how some were saying that you should not pay a RB because they get injured, and the laugh not just some adolescent giggle over an isolated thumb injury.  And here he is injured after the 4th game or so?  Tuned in folks wouldn't carry on about it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

As a matter of discussing hypotheticals and possibilities, you have to speculate facts then form opinions to have a discussion.   If you came to this forum only allowed to speak to about actual facts as they are, nobody here knows enough about the Colts to actually have much to say.   

What I said was probably in response to somebody else implying my opinion was not valid because I did not support it with a Link.

As a the topic of JT, there are two layers here that folks are blending into one.  

There was a period of time when JT said that he wanted to be traded.  At that point I expressed an opinion about what his trade value would be given the fact that he wanted a new contract with any team...and...the other team thinking JT would not return to the Colts.  I said I'd take two 4th rounders, when everybody else said that he was a good enough player to command a 2nd or a 1st.  The 2 4th rounders was not reflective of JT as a talent, but reflective of the stalemate situation where it seemed the Colts would have to sort of dump him because of JTs stubbornness.  Part of that stubbornness was based upon the reports (rumors) that he wanted $18m per year and the wide spread indications that JT was exaggerating an injury to get out of Indy.  If all of that was true, then certain speculative discussions can spiral away from that centerpiece.  During that time, I never expressed an attitude that losing JT would be a great loss.  I didn't cry about not having him on the Colts.

Since I don't know what the poster is referring to when asked why he thinks I "dislike" JT, I can only assume its because of that.

Do you follow so far?

Then out of nowhere, its announced that JT has signed a contract for $14m.  So the idea that JT was being stubborn in not wanting to play for Indy, wanting $18m per year, and exaggerating an injury were pretty much debunked.....Therefore, all speculative discussions that were based upon those negative reports about JTs attitude disappear instantly.  They no longer exist because the basis was never true to begin with.

Now we have a guy who wasn't exaggerating his injury, and was fine with playing for the Colts.  I that case don't have an issue with $14m for JT (negotiating with him trying to get him back to the club when he "had a bad attitude" is different).  And if you ever wanted to research my comments, I never said anything about how many millions of dollars he should be paid.  As a matter of practice, I never do that about any player because my sense of compensation or price with just about anything does not seem to reflect what others might pay for it...and I'm not just talking about football. 

As a general rule though I'd say that teams should not get into a bidding war paying top dollar to retain non impact or nonballhandling positions. 

I was expecting an extensive response, and you didn’t disappoint for sure. 

I don’t personally view Taylor as being a non impact player. He scored 2 touchdowns for us this past weekend. He’s held up his end of the deal up until this point this season. 

Money wise, I’ve never really cared enough on how much someone makes. I’ve never been into business and corporate dealings. So I normally defer official salary things to those more knowledgeable. But I will admit I still have biases and misinformed opinions that I’ll share time from time (you’ll see my rants on the wealthy for example). 

You should know, I actually agree with a lot of your posts throughout the years, including which positions are most important for long term success. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Looking at our roster https://www.colts.com/team/players-roster/

Now, with JT out... The only remaining RBs on the team are Moss and Sermon. 

Maybe they elevate Zavier Scott from the practice squad?

I see Scott more of a gadget player like McKenzie as opposed to Goodson who is a more traditional RB. Their college careers show the different type of rb each is.

From everything I have read by our media people, doctors, and irsay, it looks like Taylor will only miss 2 or 3 games. So the sky isn't falling. Moss is plenty good enough to be the bell cow for 3 games. He was at the beginning of the year and led the league in rushing. Also, the 1st game vs Tennessee he had a huge game. We will be fine. Relax.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'll quote all three of you at the same time. Levis has fallen back to Earth, so if we dare him to throw, then we have a good shot at winning this game. We'll see how the Titans respond if we go all-out to defend the run. They do have Chig and Hopkins still as options. 

Hopefully Levis continues his regression but the secondary will need to cover Hopkins better than it just did Evans.....and then there's Henry.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We can never have nice things. Makes it hard to have interest in the team. If it isn't drama, it's injuries.

For me its a Red Flag. The team has won a few games in a row and climbed in the playoff picture with a some what favorable schedule ahead( no opponent is truly easy for them) and our Best player suddenly comes up with a potentially serious injury. How many and for long are the football gods going to place hurdles for this team to go over? Who's next, Pittman....our backup QB Minshew???

Its a downer for sure but not as deflating as losing AR5 was. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

This exactly. Our season has been over since week 5 and we are 6-5 and in the hunt for the playoffs. These season has been pleasing except for the elephant in the room. But everyone thought our roster was complete hot dog water and we were gonna be the laughing stock of the year. That's not been the case.. 

I expect us to have a roster that can win it all each season

1 hour ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

I expect us to have a roster that can win it all each season

I don't expect us to have a roster that can win it all every season because different teams are at different stages of competitiveness every year. However, I do expect our GM, Coach, and players to give 100% effort in all facets all year long. That means doing your job well, learning from your mistakes, and adapting to the modern game as it happens. I don't blame the Colts for not winning the SB every year, that can't be expected. I do blame the people in charge for sticking to their old ways and being stubborn when it clearly doesn't work. Pagano and Reich were clear examples of this. Ballard is an example of this as a GM. 

I feel we should be making the playoffs every year to give ourselves a chance. This is really the first year that our division is competitive and we should have been winning the division and making the playoffs regularly under Ballards tenure. We don't have to win the SB every year, but we should be in the wildcard or winning the division most years. We have criminally underperformed as a team and it's a shame what this fanbase has had to put up with. Add the drama and injuries this year and it's just frustrating and embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

Eh I’d rather we put the money towards other areas of need. Although if the price is right I’d like to have him, I just don’t think he’ll take what we want to pay.

Same here, just saying the math “could” work if we wanted it too

8 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Oh, I agree. Although I still get frustrated with several aspects of this team, overall, I'm somewhat pleased that we are 6-5 and trending in the right direction in many ways. My point was, that even with our schedule, I just don't feel very confidant that the playoffs are likely.

Agreed, I’m in the if we make it great, if not, oh well, we improved camp

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I was expecting an extensive response, and you didn’t disappoint for sure. 

I don’t personally view Taylor as being a non impact player. He scored 2 touchdowns for us this past weekend. He’s held up his end of the deal up until this point this season. 

Money wise, I’ve never really cared enough on how much someone makes. I’ve never been into business and corporate dealings. So I normally defer official salary things to those more knowledgeable. But I will admit I still have biases and misinformed opinions that I’ll share time from time (you’ll see my rants on the wealthy for example). 

You should know, I actually agree with a lot of your posts throughout the years, including which positions are most important for long term success. 

It was really a few sentences addressing your post, then a ramble about JT.  In the end, there is a difference between having no opinion, and having an opinion that's neutral.

We had a 100 page thread on the JT saga, that was nothing more than people sharing their opinions that were based upon rumor and speculation.  There are hardly ever any facts behind the topics that normally drive the discussions.  If there were actual facts, there would be nothing to really discuss.  So for a discussion forum to survive, I think its best if people come to the forum equipped with an opinion to share. 

And since Irsay, Ballard, Agents, or players do not disclose facts here, we are left with opining over tweets, rumors, and Adam Schefter "reports" and assuming they are real for our discussion purposes.

That's okay.  Its called, CONVERSATION.

In my 17k posts over 10 years, I can't think of a time where I called someone "wrong", or accused them of forming an opinion without actual facts.  I know where the person is coming from, but I see that done a lot here, and I don't get it.  Doesn't the accuser know that the person giving their opinion doesn't have sound facts to begin with?  Nobody does. What do they expect, Adam Schefter on a direct line before anybody can share their thoughts?

In the spectrum of the differing opinions that I read about the JT situations, there were some who said that Irsay should never sign a RB to a big long term contract, and those who believed JT was the savior to any super bowl pursuit, I agreed with neither of those.  I'm okay with giving $14m for securing a flawed player, but who is the only player that is capable of scoring a TD by himself once he has the ball and gets past the LOS.  If we had more players who could do that (which means a different salary cap structure), maybe we go with Moss and Moss lite.  So I describe my opinion as neutral, neither in the like JT or dislike JT buckets. 

It is what it is, I think he will help us get into the playoffs (because of our easy schedule), but I also think his injury is not a huge setback because we've been winning despite JT not doing his long TD runs.   Moss can replace what JT has been doing, IMO, but we have no depth now of course.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Malki Kawa Curse! 

:thinking:  This has me wondering who else he represents. I read this today about Tytus Howard, another player that he represents:

This is the second injury Howard has dealt with after signing a three-year, $56 million deal before training camp. The first was a broken hand that caused him to miss the season's first four games. 

It is football. Players, regardless of position, get injured. Hopefully JT will be back soon. The Colts will need both him and Moss for the playoffs.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

It was really a few sentences addressing your post, then a ramble about JT.  In the end, there is a difference between having no opinion, and having an opinion that's neutral.

We had a 100 page thread on the JT saga, that was nothing more than people sharing their opinions that were based upon rumor and speculation.  There are hardly ever any facts behind the topics that normally drive the discussions.  If there were actual facts, there would be nothing to really discuss.  So for a discussion forum to survive, I think its best if people come to the forum equipped with an opinion to share. 

And since Irsay, Ballard, Agents, or players do not disclose facts here, we are left with opining over tweets, rumors, and Adam Schefter "reports" and assuming they are real for our discussion purposes.

That's okay.  Its called, CONVERSATION.

In my 17k posts over 10 years, I can't think of a time where I called someone "wrong", or accused them of forming an opinion without actual facts.  I know where the person is coming from, but I see that done a lot here, and I don't get it.  Doesn't the accuser know that the person giving their opinion doesn't have sound facts to begin with?  Nobody does. What do they expect, Adam Schefter on a direct line before anybody can share their thoughts?

In the spectrum of the differing opinions that I read about the JT situations, there were some who said that Irsay should never sign a RB to a big long term contract, and those who believed JT was the savior to any super bowl pursuit, I agreed with neither of those.  I'm okay with giving $14m for securing a flawed player, but who is the only player that is capable of scoring a TD by himself once he has the ball and gets past the LOS.  If we had more players who could do that (which means a different salary cap structure), maybe we go with Moss and Moss lite.  So I describe my opinion as neutral, neither in the like JT or dislike JT buckets. 

It is what it is, I think he will help us get into the playoffs (because of our easy schedule), but I also think his injury is not a huge setback because we've been winning despite JT not doing his long TD runs.   Moss can replace what JT has been doing, IMO, but we have no depth now of course.

Most of this could have been avoided if you didn't leave a comment that was simply "LOL"

• Like 1