Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts released Shaq Leonard

CR91

2 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I’m a Bengals fan too, I know he’ll be gone. I’ll miss him a ton, but we need the cash for Joe and Chase. 

Speaking of, I remember now that you’re the other Bengals fan here, how are you feeling about the team?

I’m pretty dead inside to be honest. I hate seeing any QB injured…

I should have clarified I don’t see Higgins coming here as we already have Pittman. But I know the writing is on the wall for Cincy. They’ll have to rework their roster. 

• Like 1

Just now, Superman said:

Agreed. I think Pittman is tougher and more reliable, and has had worse circumstances. It's just weird to hear people complain about Pittman not being a "true WR1" and then say 'let's go get Tee Higgins!' 

I agree we need someone  faster who can run routes and catch opposite Pittman. Essentially  a bigger version of t.y hilton

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Agreed. I think Pittman is tougher and more reliable, and has had worse circumstances. It's just weird to hear people complain about Pittman not being a "true WR1" and then say 'let's go get Tee Higgins!' 

Yeah I’m not advocating for Tee to replace Michael. I was just saying it’s highly unlikely the Bengals can keep him. 

• Like 1

I would say they are both elite WR2. Maybe the two best WR2 in the league. But as a die hard Colts and Bengals fan who has seen years of both of them, neither are true star WR1 like Chase or Jefferson.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AKB said:

imagine complaining to the media, and then playing even worse. 

it's gotta be great for the team culture too that he is getting starting reps when he doesn't deserve them. 

he was getting starting snaps just based on his legacy, not his performance. Speed, Stuard, and Olubi all played faster and more physically. Sure they might not be as veteran between the ears, but he was definitely out motor'd by them. 

Not arguing with any of this. I'm just surprised by the timing. It's a shocking headline, but it's probably not going to be a big factor on the field. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not arguing with any of this. I'm just surprised by the timing. It's a shocking headline, but it's probably not going to be a big factor on the field. 

God that’s pretty sad but honestly true. It’s not like we’ll notice much of a change with Bradley’s scheme.

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

I’m pretty dead inside to be honest. I hate seeing any QB injured…

I should have clarified I don’t see Higgins coming here as we already have Pittman. But I know the writing is on the wall for Cincy. They’ll have to rework their roster. 

How unlucky are we that we lose Richardson and then Burrow? Both our quarterbacks, done. I hate it too.

This year has sucked with QB injuries. Rodgers, Cousins, Burrow, Richardson, Daniel Jones…all done for the year. 

I don’t shed any tears for the Browns QB though

• Like 1

probably was gonna happen this upcoming offseason, but he started running his mouth to media, and that sped it up. 

just my guess ofc

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

How unlucky are we that we lose Richardson and then Burrow? Both our quarterbacks, done. I hate it too.

This year has sucked with QB injuries. Rodgers, Cousins, Burrow, Richardson, Daniel Jones…all done for the year. 

I don’t shed any tears for the Browns QB though

I definitely hate the Ravens more after last Thursday… 

I was looking forward to so many matchups this year… 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I’m keeping a very keen eye on that young man. We might want to start scouting LBs now after all this crap. 

I trust Ballard with LBs... he knows that position very well. I think he can find gems at any point in the draft. 

On the WRs... it seems like another good WR draft. And while MHJ is most probably out of our range already, there is a very good variety and talent at WR that's going to be there in the teens IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I trust Ballard with LBs... he knows that position very well. I think he can find gems at any point in the draft. 

He’s drafted linebackers and running back incredibly well. That’s why I think we would’ve been fine as a team even if we lost both JT and Shaq

3 minutes ago, JackWV said:

He'll always be the Maniac but he hasn't played like one for some time now. Cutting him came at least one year too late.

It would of cost the Colts $34m to release him last year. Only cost $11m to keep him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Why now? It’s Tuesday. 

What are we playing at here? 

Can we have a normal season just once? 

The team has practice tomorrow.  They wanted the distraction out of the locker room when the full team returned.  EJ Speed deserves to be on the field more than Leonard.  

I thought they might give him an offseason to keep working on his body but in all likelihood release him after the season. 

However, he’s become a distraction and quite frankly doesn’t act like a captain. I never thought he did, but especially now. Franklin acts like a leader.  Leonard was a high energy guy but to me not a great leader.  I just remember watching him in the huddle vs Jax on Hard Knocks.  

I fully believe the Colts will push their chips in next season.  It’s better to have the cap space to do so.  I expect MAC to  be gone after the season too.  

• Like 2

I know there is the angle this could be to protect him from getting injured but something else probably happened. I’m guessing there was more going on behind the scenes. I don’t think this indicates Bradley is safe more than Leonard was probably being disruptive. To be fired mid season you usually have to be absolutely terrible or a problem. I’m guessing we will never know but my gut says Leonard was being a PITA with the coaches. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I know there is the angle this could be to protect him from getting injured but something else probably happened. I’m guessing there was more going on behind the scenes. I don’t think this indicates Bradley is safe more than Leonard was probably being disruptive. To be fired mid season you usually have to be absolutely terrible or a problem. I’m guessing we will never know but my gut says Leonard was being a PITA with the coaches. 

I still hope Bradley is gone after this season. 

With letting Leonard go this should signal we’re tired of “good enough” and ready to compete. Bradley isn’t going allow us to be competitive next year against so many good QBs in the AFC.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Maybe so, we'll see. Everyone knows I don't like Bradley's defense, so anything that makes me think the team is happy with Bradley is concerning. And this seemed like Bradley vs Leonard lately, but I could be wrong.

• Like 3

Surprising, but not shocking news. IMO it is a resonable move giving the play of Shaq, and the public statements. One important part about his comments, he is a Captain, and considered a team leader. Leaders do not air their greviences in public, they voice them behind closed doors, or tone down, and minimize the frequency of them. I do hope his agent has not been behind pressing him to make his issue as public as it had become, but history with Taylor might open that window. A leader should say something like " I am working every day to prove I have earned more playing time". 

A few LB's went down this past weekend, someone will pick him up regardless of the spat with the Colts.

Thank You Darious/Shaq for the excitement and memories, and good luck in the future. 

New head coach with no ties to a FORMER All Pro who is a shell of his former self. I have been saying it since the beginning of the season he will be released, did not expect it mid-season though!??! 

I thank him for the outstanding years provided prior to his injury though! 

The facts are easily seen on the field, Franklin and Speed are simply outplaying him. 

Good luck to him and I hope he never plays again and saved his bag to live comfortably off of the rest of his life.

• Like 3