Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

Big matchups this week:

#1 Ravens @ #13 Chargers

#2 Chiefs @ #12 Raiders

#3 Jaguars @ #6 Texans

#4 Dolphins @ #14 Jets

#5 Browns @ #10 Broncos

#7 Steelers @ #11 Bengals 

#8 Bills @ #1 NFC Eagles

#9 Colts vs Buccaneers

Great part about this week is, if we happen to lose it won't hurt as much as it will for some of these other teams playing conference matchups. Need to get this W, though.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, w87r said:

Big matchups this week:

#1 Ravens @ #13 Chargers

#2 Chiefs @ #12 Raiders

#3 Jaguars @ #6 Texans

#4 Dolphins @ #14 Jets

#5 Browns @ #10 Broncos

#8 Bills @ #1 NFC Eagles

#9 Colts vs Buccaneers

Great part about this week is, if we happen to lose it won't hurt as much as it will for some of these other teams playing conference matchups. Need to get this W, though.

Yeah but win helps a ton. Especially if Texans do beat jags. A win puts them right back in south race I’d Texans do win.

I think Broncos can win that game against browns. Good chance eagles beat bills too. So a win will go a long way for Colts.  Raiders might be able to win that game too with this chiefs offense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah but win helps a ton. Especially if Texans do beat jags. A win puts them right back in south race I’d Texans do win.

No doubt we need the win, loss just don't hurt as bad as it will for some of these other teams since conference record is about as important as it gets 

I would like for the Ravens and Chiefs to add another L in the column of the Chargers and Raiders.

Jags/Texans either result is ok, I guess?

Texans win, all (3) of us are within a game(if we win)

Jaguars win and we hop over Texans in standings

Dolphins can put the Jets down in the Not Officially Eliminated list.

Browns/Broncos? Either result is ok. Probably prefer Broncos obtain another L.

Steelers/Bengals, same thing either result is ok.

Clearly want Bills to lose to Eagles 

Regardless, if 2 of the following lose, Texans, Bills, and Steelers, we move into playoff position with a win

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, w87r said:

Big matchups this week:

#1 Ravens @ #13 Chargers

#2 Chiefs @ #12 Raiders

#3 Jaguars @ #6 Texans

#4 Dolphins @ #14 Jets

#5 Browns @ #10 Broncos

#8 Bills @ #1 NFC Eagles

#9 Colts vs Buccaneers

At least you changed the header/title.

Something else that stands out to me.

All teams ranked above us, outside of Texans play on the road this week as well.

Edit: Although we have played better on the road this year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I think if we hadn't just had our bye Tampa would haven won it. Now I hope we can pull off a win.

I watched TB the last two or three weeks. imo...Baker Mayfield has played some of his best football. Him and Evans will be a test for our defense. I was surprised at Keven Bowens comments that the Bucs have the worst rushing offense in the league, since I thought RB Rachaad White looked really good.

On the defensive side, their pass coverage has been truly horrendous. and they suffered even more injuries, coming out of the 49ers game (something to watch)... Vita Vea provides an immovable plug in the middle, so Steichen will need to have a plan for running Taylor and Moss.

Maybe Restinpeacesweetchloe can start a new thread for the Buccaneers game?

• Like 1

I'm interested in the Jaguars-Texans game. Maybe the Texans media is annoying, but C.J. Stroud is the real deal. They have found their QB. 

The Steelers fired OC Matt Canada, so watch their offense  suddenly improve. Why couldn't they have kept Canada at least through the Colts game? 

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I watched TB the last two or three weeks. imo...Baker Mayfield has played some of his best football. Him and Evans will be a test for our defense. I was surprised at Keven Bowens comments that the Bucs have the worst rushing offense in the league, since I thought RB Rachaad White looked really good.

On the defensive side, their pass coverage has been truly horrendous. and they suffered even more injuries, coming out of the 49ers game (something to watch)... Vita Vea provides an immovable plug in the middle, so Steichen will need to have a plan for running Taylor and Moss.

I think our problem will be relying on Minshew to win, because the Bucs will sit on the run as other teams have done against us for a while now. And, the Bucs are good at it - really good.

If our passrush can't get pressure on Mayfield him and Evans will carve up our secondary.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I think our problem will be relying on Minshew to win, because the Bucs will sit on the run as other teams have done against us for a while now. And, the Bucs are good at it - really good.

If our passrush can't get pressure on Mayfield him and Evans will carve up our secondary.

i think the bye week should push the Colts to a win.   This is a big test for Steichen.   This team must come off the bye week focused and with a good game plan.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

When I look up defensive and offensive stats I do not see what Bowen is talking about. Unless he is talking yards per rush.  Because Tampa is ahead of colts as far as rushing the football total yards. 

When the nfl preview goes up tomorrow I will make a thread.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bucs are banged up too. The SF game wasn’t Kind. But they still have such good offensive weapons.

They have Mike Evans who some may regard as a top tier WR, and Mayfield, who up until this year, was considered perhaps, a bust? and one of the top LTs in the league with Wirfs. But outside of those three, their offense is not really that impressive.

34 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

When I look up defensive and offensive stats I do not see what Bowen is talking about. Unless he is talking yards per rush.  Because Tampa is ahead of colts as far as rushing the football total yards. 

When the nfl preview goes up tomorrow I will make a thread.

The Bucs have only 769 yards rushing on the year. Dead last.

That is probably what he was referring to.

The Colts have 1,180 yards rushing

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team

The Bucs do stop the run very well. Vita Vea and Gholston, they are monsters inside. Their LBs have good speed East-West, so our pass catchers underneath have to make sure to go North-South for precious yards. Todd Bowles will blitz, better be ready to take advantage of 1-on-1s, that will be the key to this game. If they are blitzing, they are most likely blitzing from AP's side and rotating 1 safety towards Pittman. The rest, they will play with some form of zone coverage that Downs should be able to beat.

Josh Downs vs Antoine Winfield and company, and JuJu Brents vs Evans are the 2 most important battles for this game.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

The Bucs have only 769 yards rushing on the year. Dead last.

That is probably what he was referring to.

The Colts have 1,180 yards rushing

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team

I must be looking at the wrong thing then. Ok I see what I was looking at. I am so dumb. Ha ha. I was looking at total offense.

@Restinpeacesweetchloe

I'm going to need the ad revenue produced from my AFC schedule this week, you "borrowed" for your tweet. 

Clearly kidding, but...

Not even a shout out? Just copy and paste. Now it's yours?  Not even sure how I came about seeing it, popped up in Colts news, but makes me wonder how many other times you've posted someone else's thoughts or words, on Twitter, as your own?

I don't think there is any disputing the fact, that you straight copy and pasted it.

Ahh, whatever, I don't care that much, just wanted to give you a little bit of a hard time.

12 minutes ago, w87r said:

@Restinpeacesweetchloe

I'm going to need the ad revenue produced from my AFC schedule this week, you "borrowed" for your tweet. 

Clearly kidding, but...

Not even a shout out? Just copy and paste. Now it's yours?  Not even sure how I came about seeing it, popped up in Colts news, but makes me wonder how many other times you've posted someone else's thoughts or words, on Twitter, as your own?

I don't think there is any disputing the fact, that you straight copy and pasted it.

Ahh, whatever, I don't care that much, just wanted to give you a little bit of a hard time.

I didn’t even realize I did that lol. Meant to post the original tweet lol.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

The Bucs do stop the run very well. Vita Vea and Gholston, they are monsters inside. Their LBs have good speed East-West, so our pass catchers underneath have to make sure to go North-South for precious yards. Todd Bowles will blitz, better be ready to take advantage of 1-on-1s, that will be the key to this game. If they are blitzing, they are most likely blitzing from AP's side and rotating 1 safety towards Pittman. The rest, they will play with some form of zone coverage that Downs should be able to beat.

Josh Downs vs Antoine Winfield and company, and JuJu Brents vs Evans are the 2 most important battles for this game.

Steichen should be all over this.  Hard to see much running between the tackles but more outside sweeps with pulling guards and quick swing passes and pitch outs.  Throw in some designed roll outs for Minschew and the offense should be able to move the ball and score.  Less of a chance for batted balls on the roll outs as well.  

56 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Steichen should be all over this.  Hard to see much running between the tackles but more outside sweeps with pulling guards and quick swing passes and pitch outs.  Throw in some designed roll outs for Minschew and the offense should be able to move the ball and score.  Less of a chance for batted balls on the roll outs as well.  

That is why I referred to the East-West speed of Lavonte David and Devin White. It is going to be tough sledding trying to beat them to the edge. Attacking vertically is the way to go against that D and once they soften up and play away from the line of scrimmage, you can run between the tackles with combo blocks. Passing to set up the run against them is the way to go.

That is why when Wentz and the Colts threw about 20 passes in a row vs Brady and the Bucs, and everyone asked them to run the ball, including Q on the sidelines, Reich did say that was because they were showing strong coverage tendencies and had backed off that they could run well later. Shouldn't abandon it but have a good game plan to loosen them up with some passing.

18 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think Broncos can win that game against browns. Good chance eagles beat bills too. So a win will go a long way for Colts.  Raiders might be able to win that game too with this chiefs offense.

If the goal is the playoffs having broncos and steelers  lose would help us more I've locked browns into 5th seed or division. Being that browns have tie breaker  and are two games ahead we probably  don't  pass them

18 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

FWIW I did not see Ryan Kelly in the team picture they did today. Which means he is still suffering from concussion symptoms.

Aldo look who is back.

IMG_1902.jpeg

Wait, what? AR in uniform? I thought he'd be rehabbing?

50 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

FWIW I did not see Ryan Kelly in the team picture they did today. Which means he is still suffering from concussion symptoms.

Aldo look who is back.

IMG_1902.jpeg

You can still be in a picture with a concussion.  He’s not bedridden.  Could be another reason if he wasn’t there.