Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts mid season MVP

AwesomeAustin

Who has been the most valuable player so far this season? Moss started the season hot but has been splitting carries as of late but still has respectable stats. I believe both Pittman and Downs are on pace for 1k seasons. Franklin leads the team in tackles and is having a great year for the position. I’m torn between Buckner and Gay. Buckner has had a few really nice games where he has dominated. Overall though, I’m probably leaning towards Gay bc he has been nothing but consistent. I believe he has only missed two FGs and one of them was from 60+. He is perfect on extra points. Nice having the position locked down. 

3 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Who has been the most valuable player so far this season? Moss started the season hot but has been splitting carries as of late but still has respectable stats. I believe both Pittman and Downs are on pace for 1k seasons. Franklin leads the team in tackles and is having a great year for the position. I’m torn between Buckner and Gay. Buckner has had a few really nice games where he has dominated. Overall though, I’m probably leaning towards Gay bc he has been nothing but consistent. I believe he has only missed two FGs and one of them was from 60+. He is perfect on extra points. Nice having the position locked down. 

I’m gonna address it this way

Offense: I’m gonna say Pittman. Leading the team in Receiving Yards and touchdowns. He’s consistent and he’s getting those dirty yards.

Defense: Buckner. He’s leading the team in sacks has established a dominant interior presence even with the absence of Big Grover.

(Honorable mention Zaire, he’s a tackling machine and is setting the tone on defense he’s leading this defense right now. Also leading the NFL in tackles I believe he was on pace to set the NFL record for most tackles in a season).

• Like 1

Its tough when you are 4-5 and in the 4 games we won we had different people step up in each of them.  

In the Texans win Richardson had some nice TD runs but Moss was more consistent.  My mvp- Moss

For the Ravens game it was Gay.

Titans win- Moss by far

It was Kenny on Sunday

Offense: Moss, his impact after replacing he who will not be named was instant.  Was second in yards prior to JT coming back.  No one saw Moss being THAT good.

Defense:  Moore, after an abysmal year, this year he’s showing that it was a fluke.  Dude is balling.  At first, I had my reservations about resigning him, but now, bring him back.  Definitely top 3 if not the best nickel corner in the game right now.

Special Teams:  Matt Gay, he’s worth the money.  He’s been accurate and been hitting some LONG kicks.  

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Buckner or Moore

I think it is Shane Steichen. Coming up with different ways to control clock and/or put up enough points to keep us competitive in games despite not having a great stellar cast that are household names across the league on offense, and with his backup QB. 

We are yet to score below 20 points in ANY game, something neither the Ravens nor Chiefs nor Eagles can say. In the games that the D and ST has shown up, we win and in the games that the D has not, we have typically lost. But for the first time in several years, it is a floor we haven't seen, to be honest, on offense.

• Like 2

its gotta be either Kenny Moore or Buck

Runner up would be Zach Moss - Raimann

obviously, with the return of Taylor, Moss isn't as important. Not a jab at him, that's just the reality. But for a minute there, when Taylor was holding out, and our depth was trash, Moss came in and saved us. It was vital. 

4 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Kenny Moore II

Bernhard Raimann

Ryan Kelly

Kelly has surprised me this year, I was overly negative on him i think

however, i do still believe he should have been traded at some point. probably when Saturday came here. 

27 minutes ago, AKB said:

Kelly has surprised me this year, I was overly negative on him i think

however, i do still believe he should have been traded at some point. probably when Saturday came here. 

I wanted to trad him this offseason and the offseason before that. But, he's been worth his contract this year. We have him on contract next season as well. I have a feeling he might retire after that.

• Like 1