Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Has Richardson Surpassed Minshew Yet?

Boss7894

On 10/7/2023 at 12:31 PM, Rhodelesstraveled said:

You beat TN throwing the ball.  AR is terrible at that.  32nd.  You guys will eventually wake up to reality once you get punched in the mount a few more times by results on the field.  

The o line disagrees 

2 hours ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

The prophecy was proved on the field today.  You guys need to wake up.  

AR is not all that but GM is.  

What are you talking about? We were winning when AR left the game.  Minshew did a great job and held onto the lead.  It's not like he came in and set the world in fire.  We get it, you hate Richardson.  

On 10/7/2023 at 12:31 PM, Rhodelesstraveled said:

You beat TN throwing the ball.  AR is terrible at that.  32nd.  You guys will eventually wake up to reality once you get punched in the mount a few more times by results on the field.  

You don’t have to come to the forum to have a conversation with yourself, fyi!

Just now, kymd82222 said:

What are you talking about? We were winning when AR left the game.  Minshew did a great job and held onto the lead.  It's not like he came in and out the world in fire.  We get it, you hate Richardson.  

It was also the run game that won.   Unlike his proclamation that to beat the Titans you have to air it out

2 hours ago, husker61 said:

Only one qb is undefeated in games played this year. 

So you think Minshew wouldn't have a loss if he had played in the Rams game?  Yeah right.  Once again, the usual suspects giving Minshew all the credit for holding on to the lead, while giving AR zero credit for what he did.  We get it, you hate AR.  

Just now, jvan1973 said:

It was also the run game that won.   Unlike his proclamation that to beat the Titans you have to air it out

I mean the game I watched showed Zach Moss, the RB, who had the big plays for the colts (and yes the line)? Was it 51 yard TD run? Did he get to 200 all purpose yards?

But nah yea proof was in the pudding today.

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Very true lol.  I'm very concerned about AR being injury prone.  I just hate that it's an excuse for all of the haters to come out and proclaim how great Minshew is and how much AR sucks.  That's not the case.  If Minshew was our full time starter, our ceiling would be making the playoffs and losing in the first round.  AR's ceiling ism much higher than that, but he has to stay healthy.  As others have said, no more designed run plays.  Use his athleticism and quickness to extend a passing play or gain a few yards on a broken play.  

What prophecy? That you have to air it out to beat TN? Not sure what game you were watching, but it clearly wasn't the Colts game.  Running the ball clearly beat TN, not airing it out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Very true lol.  I'm very concerned about AR being injury prone.  I just hate that it's an excuse for all of the haters to come out and proclaim how great Minshew is and how much AR sucks.  That's not the case.  If Minshew was our full time starter, our ceiling would be making the playoffs and losing in the first round.  AR's ceiling ism much higher than that, but he has to stay healthy.  As others have said, no more designed run plays.  Use his athleticism and quickness to extend a passing play or gain a few yards on a broken play.  

ARs new uniform going forward

a christmas story GIF

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We need to score more TD and not just FG with Minshew. This game and titans game we won with defense and FG.

And almost 200 yards rushing.  No other team they played this year for close to 100 yards rushing 

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We need to score more TD and not just FG with Minshew. This game and titans game we won with defense and FG.

The 4-1 Chiefs aren’t winning by scoring 30 plus all the time. They’ve scored 30 points only once versus the hapless Bears. That’s the NFL.

You score in the range of 25 points, you have got a good chance with timely defense. Running the ball well gives you a chance to control tempo.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We still didn’t score TD with Minshew in. Maybe one. Moss other one came with Richardson. It’s not like we scored 5 rushing touchdowns.

You crack me up. Moss scored with Minshew at QB and with AR at QB. Touchdowns don’t grow on trees.

• Like 2

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You know that’s not fair. Minshew played most of the game. You can’t look  at this week and last week and think they are going to win by kicking mostly field goals.

Richardson went out after playing all but the last 5 minutes of the first half.  So it was split 55/45% hardly that big of a difference.  It wasn’t like the Texans game.

For what it’s worth, for some reason I had a dream that said it’ll be a long season, what does that mean, I don’t know… Let’s hope AR comes back against the Jags as he should since Carr did it from the same injury and he can turn the people hating on him off… I hate know it all attitudes

7 minutes ago, Boss7894 said:

For what it’s worth, for some reason I had a dream that said it’ll be a long season, what does that mean, I don’t know… Let’s hope AR comes back against the Jags as he should since Carr did it from the same injury and he can turn the people hating on him off… I hate know it all attitudes

“Long season” = deep playoff run???

:td:

Just now, masterlock said:

I want to see Richardson out there if he can be, but I have to say, I do feel confident in Minshew when he's out there. He's a good passer, decently mobile when he has to be, and has the mental processing part down.

Nice to have a good back up isn’t it?  It’s like when they had Hasselback.  You hated when Luck went down but you felt you had a chance as long as they had Matt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Not if Richardson is healthy. Can we stop inflating what he has actually done.

AR has not been more impressive than Minshew.  For the future, starting AR is the way to go, but not for wins this season 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Myles said:

AR has missed a lot of time 

That’s about 2 TDs per game.

When you watch Minshew, the passing game is clearly more efficient as as a passer, just as the passer rating suggests.  The offense opens a little.  AR is a little less in QBR so the overall play is closer.

AR has not been great.  He’s been encouraging in ways.  His numbers are OK, his play is OK.  He really struggles outside the numbers.  He throws over the middle well.  He moves and runs well but so far plays recklessly and gets hurts.

This is certainly not the place to come to for therapy!  A lot of negative, which you’d expect from opposing fans trolling and hoping AR is not the guy, but not from Colts fans.  Left the game yesterday thrilled with getting the win, happy that we have a backup that can come in seamlessly, and nervous that AR will have a long recovery, missing much needed reps this season.  Should’ve simply dropped when the play wasn’t there instead of taking on 2 defenders, but hopefully that’ll be addressed.  This thread ranges from AR sucks to he’s OK to he’s generational.  For now, we’ll have to trust a well respected coaching staff getting paid to make the decisions on what is best for the franchise.  Good problem to have, a young dynamic QB who is way ahead of the curve (I’d heard he was wildly inaccurate and hadn’t learned the position, needing up to 3 years to make a difference), and a very good backup we can trust to get it done (I’d heard he was never going to be more than a career backup).  The best part is since we’re not quite there yet to battle the elites like SF or KC, and others in the top tier, we’re afforded the opportunity for this team to grow this year while still achieving exciting wins no matter who is behind center.

• Like 1