Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:

Got it. I would trade him to NFC; out of conference.

I am sure that’s the ideal option but say Miami says we’ll give you a first and Hunt and the best offer you get from a NFC team is a third and a fifth if you are going to move him you have to take the better deal.  They could reject any offer from an AFC team but that would probably just make things with Taylor worse after you said go find a trade.  

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You didn't know CT scans can diagnose a concussion?

Tangential goal post moving question relative to the issue. 

I don't know to what degree they can prove no concussion if a player claims to have concussion symptoms.  Like not be able to prove there is no pain to an ankle when someone claims to have pain.

So, no, I did not know that the CT scan is the measure by which a team says a player still has a concussion, or if its like JT where they put him on PUP because he simply still claims to have ankle pain.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am sure that’s the ideal option but say Miami says we’ll give you a first and Hunt and the best offer you get from a NFC team is a third and a fifth if you are going to move him you have to take the better deal.  They could reject any offer from an AFC team but that would probably just make things with Taylor worse after you said go find a trade.  

I would not take that 3rd and 5th either.

Just now, CR91 said:

We don't know what happened in that meeting other then what the media believes happened. You're basically suggesting the RBs conspired against to NFL to suggest their more hurt then they really are to one end exactly? Clubs do not want to play RBs. Rather they play or not means nothing to them. 7th round Pacheco showed how little CEH meant to the chiefs.

Okay, so you're rejecting the reports about what happened with the RB meeting. Not sure why, it's pretty well substantiated, by multiple people. The NFLPA even had reps on the meeting, and no one has refuted any of this. 

This is what Roquan Smith did last year. https://apnews.com/article/chicago-bears-aaron-donald-nfl-sports-roquan-smith-76d1dde62fc71de410573326e4aa19db 

You can use inflammatory words like 'conspired' or whatever. Call it how you see it. I'm just saying that it obviously has happened in the past. I believe it will happen in the future. You finding it outrageous doesn't change that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@w87r  You asked what the Vikings would give up in a trade for JT.

:thinking:

I don't like trading for other teams' star players. I like to draft players and re-sign them...

What about this?

Jonathan Taylor for starting RB Alexander Mattison and a 2024 3rd rounder.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Okay, so you're rejecting the reports about what happened with the RB meeting. Not sure why, it's pretty well substantiated, by multiple people. The NFLPA even had reps on the meeting, and no one has refuted any of this. 

This is what Roquan Smith did last year. https://apnews.com/article/chicago-bears-aaron-donald-nfl-sports-roquan-smith-76d1dde62fc71de410573326e4aa19db 

You can use inflammatory words like 'conspired' or whatever. Call it how you see it. I'm just saying that it obviously has happened in the past. I believe it will happen in the future. You finding it outrageous doesn't change that.

And again I ask to what end? Clearly teams believe they can win regardless of who they have at RB.

10 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I've dropped it already since I learned that CTs can prove concussions.

Well I'm fine with that, I guess.

But players don't have to take a CT to be placed in concussion protocol. So in theory, a player could fake concussion symptoms to be placed in protocol, if they wanted to do so. Don't want to open this can of worms back up, but felt compelled to add that point.

Just now, CR91 said:

And again I ask to what end? Clearly teams believe they can win regardless of who they have at RB.

I guess I don't understand where you're coming from, then. The player's objective in this manipulation is obvious.

But do you believe that RB is overvalued? If so, again I ask, why are you so upset that the Colts would consider trading Taylor, rather than signing him to a big contract?

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Well I'm fine with that, I guess.

But players don't have to take a CT to be placed in concussion protocol. So in theory, a player could fake concussion symptoms to be placed in protocol, if they wanted to do so. Don't want to open this can of worms back up, but felt compelled to add that point.

Yes.  And that was my point.  With the uber conservatism that concussion protocol has in sitting players, I would think a player could claim to have a concussion when a CT scan cannot necessarily see it.

But in Leonard's case, I assume it showed up in the CT scan...but I don't know if the Colts officially said that.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

I guess I don't understand where you're coming from, then. The player's objective in this manipulation is obvious.

But do you believe that RB is overvalued? If so, again I ask, why are you so upset that the Colts would consider trading Taylor, rather than signing him to a big contract?

But my point is its fruitless to manipulate because it's gonna happen regardless.  I believe there's a difference in you can win with x RB and teams need to take away x RB. You don't to worry about x RB when the QB is the main concern. That's not the case here.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Oh I agree it should be high.  I wasn’t really questioning you rejecting the other offers as I agree with you.

Oh I know you weren’t but I figured I’d explain my thoughts for all 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

what kind of trades would yall like and please be realistic

17 first round picks, and Mahomes 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't like trading for other teams' star players. I like to draft players and re-sign them...

What about this?

Nope

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What about this?

John Candy No GIF by Laff

39 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What about this?

Drunk Music Video GIF by Elvie Shane

40 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What about this?

Hang Up Bitch Please GIF by ALLBLK

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I just said this on Twitter lol. Or even a trade to another team. It would be crazy.

Had this thought earlier and got busy and forgot to post it.

Hit a slow point and it hit me again.

• Like 1

There was a cb from the Eagles (dont remember which one) that stayed behind after the joint practice and helped our young secondary out with some tips. The script must have him an JT being traded and he was getting a head start.

Just now, KB said:

There was a cb from the Eagles (dont remember which one) that stayed behind after the joint practice and helped our young secondary out with some tips. The script must have him an JT being traded and he was getting a head start.

The script?

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

BTW you're theory of Leonard faking a concussion is next level Doug.   My goodness

Despite it not being about JT, this needs to be lifted up and addressed.

You have moved the goal posts regarding what I have said, then basically slandered it and slandered me in the process.  I consider it one of your typical disguised personal shots that you direct multiple times a day towards various posters here.

I do not have a theory that Leonard is faking a concussion.  I asked if its possible to fake a concussion...

Much like is it possible to fake ankle pain or knee pain...as you yourself admit that is possible.  Do teams HAVE to have medical evidence of a concussion, or do they just sit players if they complain of symptoms?

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Despite it not being about JT, this needs to be lifted up and addressed.

You have moved the goal posts regarding what I have said, then basically slandered it and slandered me in the process.  I consider it one of your typical disguised personal shots that you direct multiple times a day towards various posters here.

I do not have a theory that Leonard is faking a concussion.  I asked if its possible to fake a concussion...

Much like is it possible to fake ankle pain or knee pain...as you yourself admit that is possible.  Do teams HAVE to have medical evidence of a concussion, or do they just sit players if they complain of symptoms?

Yeah.. it's a serious topic of debate, especially after Tua injuries. Teams need to have NFL approved examiners or team doctors to make a definite report on concussions and for lack of concussion symptoms too.

I don't think teams or players nowadays would choose concussion to fake an injury, as it involves multiple protocols and league follow-ups.

It's easier to fake a knee or ankle injury, especially if the player has already gone through surgery or a procedure for the same, just like in JT's case even though the scope procedure should've happened very early in the year 

• Like 2