Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

No heat for Holder from me. Some of his comments have seemed slanted toward JT/agent side, IMO, and I think JT and his agent have been the most confrontational in this situation.

But, I'm just thinking that it's possible Holder is getting more info from the agent than he is from the team.

Right. He also broke exclusives from Irsay. Folks have tried to rationalize it but this has always been JT, he chose violence. 

The one positive out of all of this is this. Ballard has  a different relationship with Taylor than , we can assume, any other player yet in his 7 years in terms on contract negotiations. Ballard is having to play hard ball. He says he  wants a first rounder and he  knows he is  not  getting one. However,  when they come back with a 3rd rounder, how can Taylor still think he is worth 15 million a year?  It doesn't match what Taylor thinks he is worth.  Case in point. Let's say Jones stands his  ground in KC and they say go seek a trade. I guarantee  that they get way more than a 1st rounder and there is a team willing to extend him at what he wants. Ballard in the past, and most recently, I have felt he has talked to openly and gushes about his players. He has to start using the approach that we want him back, but the money has to work. Ballard says he's a great player, and u pay great players. Not smart, and I think this will harden Ballard a lot, and he may not be such a nice going forward. To me, that's a good thing, and I really believe that is what Irsay wants to see.

1 minute ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

Doesn't look good but didn't QB Jim Kelly warm back up to Buffalo after not wanting to play there? I realize JT has already played in Indy several years before coming to this and words/shots have been fired too. Guess we'll find out soon enough..

From one fan's perspective, I don't care how this works out, or even if it does. I'm tired of this (stuff).

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mikemccoy84 said:

If Jt really starts talking about only going to Miami and signing there for cheaper I would break talks off. Definitely getting worse compensation if he is forcing teams out of the competition saying he doesn’t want to sign there either.

Evidently his signature on a contract is worthless. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

You consider one of the most European cities in N.A., Toronto.... "flyover country?"

That just means its not on the east or west coast.  I have heard Chicago called flyover before

Its only joke people from NY and LA say to make fun of stuff mostly

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

This is from Dolphins Reddit!

Would you accept 1st trade here?

Screenshot_20230824-182155_Reddit.jpg

Again....Ogbah is negative value.....from Miamis perspective it's great....they dump an aging, overpaid vet, and that's how they make the room to pay Taylor..... They only give up a 2nd pick for Taylor AND us fixing their cap allowing them to pay JT.....uh....no.

• Like 3

Just now, Jackie Daytona said:

Again....Ogbah is negative value.....from Miamis perspective it's great....they dump an aging, overpaid vet, and that's how they make the room to pay Taylor..... They only give up a 2nd pick for Taylor AND us fixing their cap allowing them to pay JT.....uh....no.

I asked about the 1st one though

Just now, danlhart87 said:

I asked about the 1st one though

Jeff Wilson Jr. hasn't played full season in his 6 season career. Seems like a bad deal. Think these Dolphins fans think the Dolphins can dump their low/no value guys on the Colts. Give us Hunt..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Jeff Wilson Jr. hasn't played full season in his 6 season career. Seems like a bad deal. Think these Dolphins fans think the Dolphins can dump their low/no value guys on the Colts. Give us Hunt..

I just like the idea of getting their 1st. That could potentially be in the 14-22 range.

Just now, w87r said:

So it appears we have rejected 1 Dolphins trade offer already.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article278579929.html

"Miami has made at least one offer, that was not accepted, and continues to engage the Colts in negotiations, according to a source."

So some of the reported trades may actually be (at least somewhat) accurate.  Maybe??

1 hour ago, w87r said:

So it appears we have rejected 1 Dolphins trade offer already.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article278579929.html

"Miami has made at least one offer, that was not accepted, and continues to engage the Colts in negotiations, according to a source."

If true, and I see no reason to think it’s not, good.  Hold your grand and make them meet your asking price or no deal.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Still don’t understand why Taylor is traveling of even near the team.

i don't agree. while he is a colt, he needs to travel and be with the team. part of his job, rather he likes it or not

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Because I think the Colts still want him to be part of the team going forward.

Someone reported they weren’t sure how series the Colts were about really trading Taylor even after they let him seek a trade.  I think what they have done is let him go out and talk to other teams in hopes he will realize the deal he wants isn’t out there, not just from the Colts, but from anyone.  Then hope that makes him comeback and realize he can play for the Colts, who frankly want to pay him if he just shows he’s healthy, or he can sit out all year “injured” and see his value plummet.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If Miami is in contention to trade JT than the only player as a potentially straight up swap would be RG Robert Hunt and extend him.  Miami if recall still is being penalized for league tampering and forfeit this year's 3rd Round pick.  The Dolphins also don't have a 4th Rounder.  With only a first and a second and a big gap wouldn't expect the Dolphins to freely give away a first for JT or even their second rounder.  A player swap seems more likely and for the Colts would lobby for a better equal in trade terms.  Miami's LB Jerome Baker would also be intriguing but doesn't seem to fit our goal and team needs that Hunt would upgrade. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Miami wants to battle, here would be my offer for JT. Hunt and a 1st round pick, I have my reasons. Both teams win.

I believe Hunt was a high second round pick in 2020.   So he has real value.  I think if the Colts could get Hunt and a 3 they’d strongly consider that deal.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Miami wants to battle, here would be my offer for JT. Hunt and a 1st round pick, I have my reasons. Both teams win.

I have a feeling Miami wouldn’t agree to that but if I am Ballard you take that and run.

Still I don’t think Miami is going to trade Hunt.  It’s counter productive to what they are trying to do with acquiring Taylor in the first place.  Still that shouldn’t stop Ballard from asking.  However, that’s why I don’t think this deal ultimately gets done.  I don’t think anyone will match Ballard’s price.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I have a feeling Miami wouldn’t agree to that but if I am Ballard you take that and run.

Still I don’t think Miami is going to trade Hunt.  It’s counter productive to what they are trying to do with acquiring Taylor in the first place.  Still that shouldn’t stop Ballard from asking.  However, that’s why I don’t think this deal ultimately gets done.  I don’t think anyone will match Ballard’s price.

I would take my shots, I am sure Ballard will :thmup:

11 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don't know if I believe this at all.  I want to.  The thing is, outside of the "health issue" there's ZERO reason not to pay him if you're CB.  The "he might not be good in the new system" doesn't jive....  he may not be 14/mil. Annually worth of "necessary" in the new scheme, itay be what CB/Steichen thinks is only equivalent to 8/mill worth of "necessary". But if THAT is the only obstacle....just pay him....we aren't spending $$ on anything else and have MASSIVE amounts of cap space in the next two seasons as is..... This makes very little sense.

11 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The situation is not even CLOSE to as acrimonious as the national media is wanting you to believe it is? 

Taylor isn't actually "livid" with anyone.  He's just frustrated?  

He didn't wake up and become a *.....  he understands the entire scenario, and each of the factors playing into it.  He just doesn't "like" any of them.  He's smart enough to know no one is out to get him personally. 

There is NOTHING going on anywhere else in the league, we just aren't used to the national attention being focused on our team, front office, and players, anymore.....

The minute there's no deal, and Taylor stays out, everything will go back to "just another day" for the National talking heads ...

6 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

I don't know if I believe this at all.  I want to.  The thing is, outside of the "health issue" there's ZERO reason not to pay him if you're CB.  The "he might not be good in the new system" doesn't jive....  he may not be 14/mil. Annually worth of "necessary" in the new scheme, itay be what CB/Steichen thinks is only equivalent to 8/mill worth of "necessary". But if THAT is the only obstacle....just pay him....we aren't spending $$ on anything else and have MASSIVE amounts of cap space in the next two seasons as is..... This makes very little sense.

He is coming off injury with a new coach. Makes perfect sense why CB wants to wait. Everyone is being evaluated this year.

9 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not being able to match Ballard's price, has been the Colts plan all along..... This whole scenario is the exact same script as L. Jackson, just a different position and Overall pay vs. Specifically guaranteed ....

2 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

The situation is not even CLOSE to as acrimonious as the national media is wanting you to believe it is? 

Taylor isn't actually "livid" with anyone.  He's just frustrated?  

He didn't wake up and become a *.....  he understands the entire scenario, and each of the factors playing into it.  He just doesn't "like" any of them.  He's smart enough to know no one is out to get him personally. 

There is NOTHING going on anywhere else in the league, we just aren't used to the national attention being focused on our team, front office, and players, anymore.....

The minute there's no deal, and Taylor stays out, everything will go back to "just another day" for the National talking heads ...

Like Polian said, this is a garden variety conflict. Player wants to get paid, surprise. :D 

The rest of this is "Dallas" or "Days of our lives" playing out. JT wants to get paid, he doesnt care where or who pays him. Colts fans are rightfully hurt because they've invested money and emotions into the player, thats football folks.