Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AR vs Young vs Stroud vs Levis

csmopar

I think we can say right now Stroud is the best of the class so far, Young looks over his head and Levis and Richardson have shown promise but we haven’t seen enough of either to draw any kind of concrete conclusions other than we want to see more.

People were talking earlier about how Young went to the worst situation of the four and I would agree with that but it wasn’t that much worse than the Texans and look at what Stroud has done there.  I think Richardson and Levis both went to good situations.  Levis had the most talent but it’s older and probably isnt going to be there in two or three years.  Richardson went to the most QB friendly coach of the group and team that historically does a good job developing powerful offenses around franchise QBs.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think we can say right now Stroud is the best of the class so far, Young looks over his head and Levis and Richardson have shown promise but we haven’t seen enough of either to draw any kind of concrete conclusions other than we want to see more.

Yeah, I have to admit now, Stroud is the best so far out of the Big4. AR was up 14-0 against his team too before going out, playing damn good. It stings not having AR right now. 

• Like 3

On 11/1/2023 at 8:24 AM, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Levis had a historic first game but I think everyone who plays TN has to load up to stop Henry.  The deep ball has always been there but their OL and QB have not been able to hold up.  Levis clearly has a cannon and Hopkins can still play.  I expect the rookie to come back to Earth tomorrow night with Pitts DL on TN OL.  

One game does not a career make.  

Yep.  Another friendly reminder - know who else has 4TDs and 0 picks in his NFL debut for the Titans? Mariota.  I'm also pretty sure he had over 300 yards passing as well.  Sooooooo again.  One game.  Against the Steelers he looked like a rookie.  Way too early too tell how good he will be or act like he's the next Joe Montana.  

• Like 2

On 11/3/2023 at 10:13 AM, a06cc said:

He got hit by a guy that weights 190 pounds and got a concussion. But please go on. I know you’ll say “He was caught off guard” Absolute joke some of you *s are 

This is one of the most asinine posts I've seen on this forum, and that's saying something.  If you hit your head hard enough, you get a concussion.  Doesn't matter if the guy was 190 pounds or 300 pounds.  I mean dang man, I'm one of those people that is worried that AR may be injury prone, but I remain hopeful.  Seems to me like you're just hating on the guy just to hate on him.  "He can't throw, he's not a real quarterback, he's injury prone." It's like you're reveling in the fact that he's on IR because you think it proves you right, and it's really sickening.  Others have said they wanted Levis over AR, and that's fine.  You, on the other hand, seem to get some sort of sick enjoyment out of his injury and just putting him down in general.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/3/2023 at 10:55 AM, BeanDiasucci said:

Have you watched either of Levis' first two games? I saw the one last night and he didn't play like a second round pick.

I really like Richardson and desperately hope he succeeds, but he still feels like a bit of an uncertain gamble to me. 

My God.  Some of you are so biased it's insane.  In what world is 56% completion percentage, 0/1 a good game?  If it was AR you would be trashing him.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

My God.  Some of you are so biased it's insane.  In what world is 56% completion percentage, 0/1 a good game?  If it was AR you would be trashing him.  

I agree. I think Levis played great vs the Falcons but anyone that thinks he played great vs the Steelers needs a strait jacket. I call it like I see it, I have no bias feelings. Proven as in, I said so far Stroud is the best rookie out there and I can't stand the Texans. 

On 11/3/2023 at 2:52 PM, NFLfan said:

They are rookies. Fans are too critical of players, especially QBs. They will get better with practice and play.

Yes, they are rookies, you're correct.  The issue some of us have is saying that Levis had a great game.  It was an average game.  Take away the pick, and he would still be 56% completion, well less than 300 yards, and 0/0.  How is that a good game? I'm all for differences in opinions, but some of these same people would be trashing AR if he had a stat line like that.  

5 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Yes, they are rookies, you're correct.  The issue some of us have is saying that Levis had a great game.  It was an average game.  Take away the pick, and he would still be 56% completion, well less than 300 yards, and 0/0.  How is that a good game? I'm all for differences in opinions, but some of these same people would be trashing AR if he had a stat line like that.  

I thought he had a good game, based on my standards. I don't look at stats. I watch the way the person plays. He looked good. AR looked good. The only one of the top 4 who has not looked good to me is Young. And he was my favorite pre-draft.

I think AR will be special, barring injury. He is very young, is humble and open to learning, and his athleticism is off the charts.

• Like 2

Just now, kymd82222 said:

It isn't just about the stats but lets list them:

56% completion %

0 TDs, 1 INT

2 Yards rushing, 0 TDs

260 Yards passing

-He had 2 drives in the final 4 minutes to win the game. The first one starting at the 48, it was a 4 and out where he looked bad. The second one was late in the game so he was forcing I get it, but still threw an INT and his team lost. Let's forget about the last drive. How about when Tennessee got the ball on their initial drive with all their timeouts even and 4 minutes to go? 

Not 1 person should look at that game, and I what I just posted as a QB playing great. If they do, they are nuts. If AR played like that, I would be critical of him. 

20 hours ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Agreed. I didn't want to draft AR, because I don't want a running QB for our team...they usually get hurt a lot and have a short career (and requires more $$ tied to the QB position, due to needing a high level backup).

I wanted and still wish we drafted Levis. Arm is just as good, and he's athletic enough to scramble if he has to, but his success doesn't rely on it.

I much prefer a pocket QB who CAN run if he HAS to, over a QB who's game/success relies on him running the ball every game.

15 hours ago, Nickster said:

He had a longer career but he sucked after the first few years.

Pretty good Doug.  Sounds like Wilson only Wilson was better at avoiding hits, and was effective longer.

Cam Newton didn't suck after his first few years.  He won MVP in year 5.  

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It isn't just about the stats but lets list them:

56% completion %

0 TDs, 1 INT

2 Yards rushing, 0 TDs

260 Yards passing

-He had 2 drives in the final 4 minutes to win the game. The first one starting at the 48, it was a 4 and out where he looked bad. The second one was late in the game so he was forcing I get it, but still threw an INT and his team lost. Let's forget about the last drive. How about when Tennessee got the ball on their initial drive with all their timeouts even and 4 minutes to go? 

Not 1 person should look at that game, and I what I just posted as a QB playing great. If they do, they are nuts. If AR played like that, I would be critical of him. 

Yeah, I literally just read through this entire thread and then questioned why I did.  It just * me off lol.  I don't have a problem with people like NFLfan saying they think Levis had a good game against the Steelers.  I don't agree, but it's their opinion and I can respect it.  They've also been willing to defend AR against all of the trashing that he's received.  I really do think that some people (definitely not all or even most) have an agenda.  I'm talking about the people that are laughing that he's injured, blatantly making fun of him, etc, and that's probably all I'll say before I start a % storm.

34 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Cam Newton didn't suck after his first few years.  He won MVP in year 5.  

That was about his last good season wasn’t it?  Maybe one more. 

He was good for 5 or 6 years then washed out.  Not 10 or 12.  A few years .

1 hour ago, kymd82222 said:

Did you watch the game.  

if you did you’d probably see his line was in shambles and he kept them in the game.  In the first half he looked really good to me .  

every one of tn st#rting. Linemen missed time that game.  All 5 starters.

Hes a very accurate passer of the football with a lightening quick release.  He must have some other  issues or something.  

• Like 3

Yeah, stroud is clearly the best qb so far from this class.  I wanted him but realized with the panthers and Texans in front of us, we weren’t getting him.

i will say, I am fine with AR.  If he isn’t injury prone then I think we got the 1B QB of this draft with stroud being 1A.  AR will never be the thrower Stroud is, but his legs will make up for it.  He’s a matchup nightmare at the most important position in the game.

Sucks we don’t have AR because I’m pretty sure he’d be shining.  He was playing ok to great against GOOD competition.  So I have no doubt he would’ve been having great games against the bad teams.  

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The only reason everyone is saying stroud is best is because we didn’t get to see Richardson more. Stroud looked phenomenal but Richardson looked really good too.

He has been no where near as good as Stroud. like come on stop over hyping the man. He has shown flashes of being good, thats it. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

He has been no where near as good as Stroud. like come on stop over hyping the man. He has shown flashes of being good, thats it. 

Because he didn’t play long enough. Please remember stroud struggled first couple of games. I feel everyone is really discounting how good Richardson was. They are two different types of quarterbacks.

Stroud looks like a home run.  If Stroud and Levis hit while Richardson is oft-injured and/or doesn't pan out, 10-20 years from now, it's all Ballard will be remembered for.  Nelson, Leonard, Taylor - that's nice, but you let two division rivals land franchise QBs while you struck out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Because he didn’t play long enough. Please remember stroud struggled first couple of games. I feel everyone is really discounting how good Richardson was. They are two different types of quarterbacks.

yes, so stop overhyping him when he hasnt even played a full game. He has shown flashes of being a good qb that is it. Just like every qb, they all show flashes of being good but lets see if he can actually show more then just flashes before calling him really good. I can find more bad then good, lets just put it that way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Even Lev

1 hour ago, tweezy32 said:

yes, so stop overhyping him when he hasnt even played a full game. He has shown flashes of being a good qb that is it. Just like every qb, they all show flashes of being good but lets see if he can actually show more then just flashes before calling him really good. I can find more bad then good, lets just put it that way.

Overhyping. Seems some in this thread are not giving him the credit of how  good he was.  

As far as young he just looks so bad. Even Levi’s in his two games has looked ten times betterS yes I know he had better weapons but young has not shown anything.

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Even Lev

Overhyping. Seems some in this thread are not giving him the credit of how  good he was.  

As far as young he just looks so bad. Even Levi’s in his two games has looked ten times betterS yes I know he had better weapons but young has not shown anything.

The only thing he has been good at is getting hurt. 

5 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

week 1, week 2, week 4.... 3 injuries in all three games he played lol

You realize Steichen took him out game one with only two snaps left and he wasn’t on the injury report the following week. The game was over. He missed one game with a concussion.  No he had one injury and that’s the shoulder.

9 hours ago, kymd82222 said:

some of these same people would be trashing AR

9 hours ago, kymd82222 said:

They've also been willing to defend AR against all of the trashing that he's received.  I really do think that some people (definitely not all or even most) have an agenda.  I'm talking about the people that are laughing that he's injured, blatantly making fun of him, etc,

Honest questions:  What trashing has AR received?  How have people been laughing at him or blatantly making fun of him?

Has anything been said that is in the same category as wanting to pass on Levis because he puts mayo in his coffee?  Do you think that really seems like a reason why some of those people didn't like him, or could it be hiding an agenda?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You realize Steichen took him out game one with only two snaps left and he wasn’t on the injury report the following week. The game was over. He missed one game with a concussion.  No he had one injury and that’s the shoulder.

but it still counts as getting injured during the game when you have to leave the game tho right? Also, a concussion is still an injury..

Did you guys see the Texans' make shift OL give Stroud plenty of time? Plus, he moves very well within the pocket to make time with eyes down the field too. I don't want any more resources devoted on Day 1 or Day 2 of the draft to OL, to be honest. Coaching and QB play help out OL more than we care to admit.

• Like 4