Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Waiver wire pick ups discussion (MERGE) Title Updated pg 10.

GoColts8818

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

That and 4 wrs

the 4 wrs makes sense, because we are probably gonna pickup 2

but waiving a young, promising CB at one of our thinnest positions def doesn't make sense. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shive said:

I thought he actually looked pretty decent for a 5th round pick.

I now regret posting that, I was thinking Rush was an early pick. I thought 2nd or 3rd round.

Remember how pre draft everyone was saying how he was the perfect fit for Indy and how all the mocks had us taking him day 2.

Still is a drag he was cut, but I suppose sometimes you miss?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

I think they maybe interchanged him, but could be wrong.  I don’t follow the Saints too much

i remmeber his OG days with Denver, he was almost always outside iirc

8 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I now regret posting that, I was thinking Rush was an early pick. I thought 2nd or 3rd round.

Remember how pre draft everyone was saying how he was the perfect fit for Indy and how all the mocks had us taking him day 2.

Still is a drag he was cut, but I suppose sometimes you miss?

There were a lot of projections that had him going that high. Just have to hope he makes it through to the PS now.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AKB said:

the 4 wrs makes sense, because we are probably gonna pickup 2

but waiving a young, promising CB at one of our thinnest positions def doesn't make sense. 

I keep wondering why people seem to be assuming our young CBs will be good once they get experience. Maybe. Maybe not. We'll see. It's an iffy situation.

• Like 1

<<Sorry I did not see the separate thread for the roster>> 

Here is the updated 53 man Roster

https://www.colts.com/news/53-man-roster-breakdown-cuts-jonathan-taylor-darius-rush-quarterbacks:

QUARTERBACKS (3): Sam Ehlinger, Gardner Minshew, Anthony Richardson

RUNNING BACKS (3): Evan Hull, Deon Jackson, Zack Moss

WIDE RECEIVERS (4): Josh Downs, Isaiah McKenzie, Alec Pierce, Michael Pittman Jr.

TIGHT ENDS (5): Mo Alie-Cox, Kylen Granson, Will Mallory, Drew Ogletree, Jelani Woods

OFFENSIVE LINE (9): Blake Freeland, Wesley French, Will Fries, Arlington Hambright, Ryan Kelly, Quenton Nelson, Carter O'Donnell, Bernhard Raimann, Braden Smith

DEFENSIVE LINE (10): Adetomiwa Adebawore, McTelvin Agim, Taven Bryan, DeForest Buckner, Eric Johnson II, Grover Stewart, Samson Ebukam, Tyquan Lewis, Dayo Odeyingbo, Kwity Paye

LINEBACKERS (6): Zaire Franklin, Shaquille Leonard, Segun Olubi, Cameron McGrone, EJ Speed, Grant Stuard

CORNERBACKS (6): Darrell Baker Jr., JuJu Brents, Tony Brown, Dallis Flowers, Jaylon Jones, Kenny Moore II

SAFETIES (4): Julian Blackmon, Nick Cross, Trevor Denbow, Rodney Thomas II

SPECIAL TEAMS (3): PK Matt Gay, LS Luke Rhodes, P Rigoberto Sanchez

• Like 1

So couple questions.

Was thinking about updating my OL cuts list

1. Was thinking about locking this thread, since most talk is in the Final roster thread. And starting a waiver wire thread for guys available? Sound ok?

2. Is there anyone that would like to, make a list for:

WR

TE

whatever other position you think we should look at?(ie, RB?) To be posted over there, if I start one.

Can just leave it here I suppose?

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Final cuts does not equal opening day roster.  I can assure there will be a move of some kind to add a WR or two before week one.

Now begins the musical chairs of waiving, releasing, signing and re-signing people we have cut. Drives me crazy, but what do I know?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Now begins the musical chairs of waiving, releasing, signing and re-signing people we have cut. Drives me crazy, but what do I know?

I love this time, Taylor situation only thing driving me crazy right now.

1 hour ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

I can see those 2 cut sometime tomorrow 

I thought Agim outplayed Bryan and deserved to be on the team. 

Let’s not make a big deal about the 4 WR’s. With the new PS rules, vets like Winfree and Montgomery can be stashed there until they need a 5th receiver. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Bryan looked solid in limited snaps, started 16 games last year and did well so cant see him going anywhere honestly. 

Probably more than likely will be Agim? Hopefully we can get him to squad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:

Can we get more TE as 5 is not enough. What a foolish plan to have so many.

We kept 5 because we had to.

If we put Woods on IR before cut downs he wouldn't of been able to play this year.

We will be down to 4 TEs tomorrow after Woods is placed IR. (He will miss minimum 4 games).

• Like 2

My waiver wire hopefuls 

Waiver Claims:(any combo potentially 4 of 6, would be ideal)

WR - Winfree or Rodgers 

WR/SPT - Britain Covey, Philadelphia Eagles

G - Darian Kinnard, Kansas City Chiefs

T/G - Tyre Phillips, New York Giants

DL - Trevis Gipson, Chicago Bears

C - Brett Toth, Philadelphia Eagles

G - Tyrese Robinson, Philadelphia Eagles

IR:

Woods

Fries(Maybe?) Depends on calf news, decent chance.

Brents(Maybe?) He isn't ready yet to compete I don't think. They could IR him then bring Rush back if he is healthy and clears waivers.

First cuts:

O'Donnell

Agim

McGrone

Lewis

Potential other cuts:

Sam

Mo(probably not)

Hambright(only if we get multiple claims.

A lot of moving parts tomorrow.

• w87r changed the title to Waiver wire pick ups discussion (MERGE) Title Updated pg 10.
23 minutes ago, w87r said:

We kept 5 because we had to.

If we put Woods on IR before cut downs he wouldn't of been able to play this year.

We will be down to 4 TEs tomorrow after Woods is placed IR. (He will miss minimum 4 games).

Still too many. Be good if all the skills needed were just in one of them. 1 to block, 1 to catch short, 1 to catch long, 1 for what?

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:

Still too many. Be good if all the skills needed were just in one of them. 1 to block, 1 to catch short, 1 to catch long, 1 for what?

Even if you think someone is redundant, all it takes is 1 injury. If Woods was healthy, I'm pretty sure MAC would be gone, for instance.

Mo - only vet/block

Granson - played the best in preseason

Ogletree - reports that he is the best all around on team(think he might be the one you're clamoring for)

Mallory - Led ALL rookies Offense + Defense in PFF score in the preseason (over 90)

Woods - to be put on IR 

Probably a sign we will run a lot of 2 TE sets as well.

TE is probably our strongest room at the moment and I have no problem with it.

I think to much fuss is being made about where the roster sets right now. All that matters is what it looks like tomorrow afternoon. Arguably 4-8 moves could be made.

Then which of these guys we get back to the PS.

• Like 1

Colts big UDFA signing last year highly athletic Ryan Van Demark OT was on bills practice squad last year and reportedly made a lot of progress..He made the bills  "the initial 53-man roster as the team’s swing tackle, having shown progress and upside at both left and right tackle during the preseason."