Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select QB Anthony Richardson Florida (merge)

danlhart87

Loved our presser's. Ballard looked happy for once and like a kid in a candy store lol. I was starting to lose faith in Ballard, a guy who I have defended a lot over the years but he made the right choice here. AR is very intelligent and humble, loved the way he laughed off the Frank Reich question, he also had a nice comeback regarding the reporter that brought up race. I am sick and tired of the media do that, sad.

As a Colts fan I haven't been this excited since we got Luck back in 2018. It may take a a year or 2 but I think AR is going to be a good one. He just needs tons of Reps and needs to stay focused.

• Like 5

Welp....  After thinking about this overnight, I've arrived at this conclusion:

The Colts are definitely not in win-now mode.

They've got a sushi-raw QB that won't start for a year, and might not begin to build momentum for another year.  Maybe more.  They've got a brand new HC that's never coached before, and has a 6-year contract.

It's possible that the players we got in the 2018 draft will be at the end of their careers by the time this new plan is ready.

6 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

agreed.  If porter isn’t there then we grab Torrence.  I’d honestly be ok with grabbing Torrence and then trading back into the second to grab a CB.  CB is deep and there multiple first round graded cbs left

pitt are  det   take porter 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nickster said:

God you’d think you’d have to.  Stockpile picks.  I don’t think we have many players/contracts that would yield much though.

Yeah but I think you could get some day two picks pretty easily. 

but then again, they may wait until closer to the trade deadline, see how things are going.

I’ll say this, I think Ballard is safe even if we go 0-17 next year, same with Shane. They don’t make this pick without Irsay onboard

• Like 2

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Loved our presser's. Ballard looked happy for once and like a kid in candy store lol. I was starting to lose faith in Ballard, a guy who I have defended a lot over the years but he made the right choice here. AR is very intelligent and humble, loved the way he laughed off the Frank Reich question, he also had a nice comeback regarding the reporter that brought up race. I am sick and tired of the media do that, sad.

As a Colts fan I haven't been this excited since we got Luck back in 2018. It may take a a year or 2 but I think AR is going to be a good one. He just needs tons of Reps and needs to stay focused.

Yep. I remember the end of draft presser in 2021 and the end of the year presser the last couple years. Ballard was miserable. We legit got our guy and didn't have to trade up. I got my guy I was leaning towards for the last couple of days. I jumped on the bandwagon just in time lol. So happy to get him!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Loved our presser's. Ballard looked happy for once and like a kid in a candy store lol. I was starting to lose faith in Ballard, a guy who I have defended a lot over the years but he made the right choice here. AR is very intelligent and humble, loved the way he laughed off the Frank Reich question, he also had a nice comeback regarding the reporter that brought up race. I am sick and tired of the media do that, sad.

we  need a RG . he be luck 2.0   . offence sucks .

Just now, John Hammonds said:

They've got a sushi-raw QB that won't start for a year, and might not begin to build momentum for another year.  Maybe more.  They've got a brand new HC that's never coached before, and has a 6-year contract.

It's possible that the players we got in the 2018 draft will be at the end of their careers by the time this new plan is ready.

Nah.. we tried win now for 6 seasons.. couldn't keep a QB.. i'm alright with taking a couple years. We got good young players

Torrence :)

Richardson and Torrence in the first two rounds would make this draft amazing. That would give us a chance to compete on offense IMO. Fix the QB position, and fix the O-Line. Then go after a CB in the third round.

• Like 2

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Torrence or Avila just has to fall 3 spots, that's the strength of BPA right now at a position of need. I think we get Torrence 100% if he falls to 35. Avila maybe.

I’d love Torrence, and I’m also high on Avila, but a lot of people seem to have a 3rd round grade on him. With the way the board has fallen, someone I like will fall to us at that pick. It’s just whether the Colts agree with me or not. haha

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep. I remember the end of draft presser in 2021 and the end of the year presser the last couple years. Ballard was miserable. We legit got our guy and didn't have to trade up. I got my guy I was leaning towards for the last couple of days. I jumped on the bandwagon just in time lol. So happy to get him!

I don't know who was more miserable, Ballard or me after we traded for Wentz lol. Joking but I was so pee'd off and didn't want Wentz. I was happy we got Matt Ryan but was wrong about him being good here, his cliff fall shocked me. I didn't think it would happen that fast. I loved the Rivers signing but he was too old (he gave us a fun 2020 season), we got a 20 yr old rookie now with a high ceiling and a lot of years ahead of us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DattMavis said:

I’d love Torrence, and I’m also high on Avila, but a lot of people seem to have a 3rd round grade on him. With the way the board has fallen, someone I like will fall to us at that pick. It’s just whether the Colts agree with me or not. haha

I would honestly trade our lowest 5th to move up 3 spots and get either Porter or Torrence if were Ballard. Both players are 1st round picks IMO and at positions of need. We could trade down in the third and get a 5th or 6th rounder back next round.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Well...after thinking about it overnight - I disagree with all your points - except about Richardson being raw. That said, one cannot ignore the excitement of the coming season.  As I say every year, though...talk to me when the team breaks training camp and preseason without significant injuries.

I don't know who was more miserable, Ballard or me after we traded for Wentz lol. Joking but I was so pee'd off and didn't want Wentz. I was happy we got Matt Ryan but was wrong about him being good here, his cliff fall shocked me. I didn't think it would happen that fast. I loved the Rivers signing but he was too old (he gave us a fun 2020 season), we got a 20 yr old rookie now with a high ceiling and a lot of years ahead of us.

As much as I like Rivers, I hated the signing. I remember telling a co-worker that we’d just repeatedly be patching an empty hole, and we needed to be truly bad to get our Luck replacement. I wasn’t aware of how correct I was, or how long it would take. haha

At first I was kind of in shock, because I thought for sure Goodell was going to say Will Levis......

But then I remembered how much Ballard loves those RAS scores. 

I'm SO glad Shane Steichen is here. He is the man for the job to get the best out of AR15!!! 

giphy.gif

Also, I'm ecstatic that Indy was smart enough to stay away from Lamar Jackson!!! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We were extremely lucky with the Texans trade up to 3. It made them dangerous, but it gave us life with Richardson. Any other teams trades up with Arizona, and they are taking Richardson at 3 (I back that up with the fact that Levis and Hooker fell out of the 1st round). So I'm looking forward to Richardson developing, and would be okay with a trade down or two if that's what it takes to build a good team around him. Hoping for multiple O-Lineman and CBs today and tomorrow.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would honestly trade our lowest 5th to move up 3 spots and get either Porter or Torrence if were Ballard. Both players are 1st round picks IMO and at positions of need. We could trade down in the third and get a 5th or 6th rounder back next round.

Porter would fill a huge need, he is a very good player, we need secondary help badly. Too bad we wasted Gilmore's good year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Well...after thinking about it overnight - I disagree with all your points - except about Richardson being raw. That said, one cannot ignore the excitement of the coming season.  As I say every year, though...talk to me when the team breaks training camp and preseason without significant injuries.

That's true.  Training camp is gonna be exciting.  They may need to double the bleacher space!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I don’t see the Steelers passing on Porter. It’s too perfect of a fit for them, and their fans want it. I don’t think they trade out. I said it last night. Is it weird I almost want Mayer, lol? AR throwing to Woods and Mayer would just be unfair.

• Like 1

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

We were extremely lucky with the Texans trade up to 3. It made them dangerous, but it gave us life with Richardson. Any other teams trades up with Arizona, and they are taking Richardson at 3 (I back that up with the fact that Levis and Hooker fell out of the 1st round). So I'm looking forward to Richardson developing, and would be okay with a trade down or two if that's what it takes to build a good team around him. Hoping for multiple O-Lineman and CBs today and tomorrow.

O-Lineman sucks  need at lest 2   . do you want a repeat of luck 2.0 ?

Porter would fill a huge need, he is a very good player, we need secondary help badly. Too bad we wasted Gilmore's good year.

Luckily, we got a 5th for him, and Ballard can turn that into a hit at a position potentially. If anything, gives us another lottery ticket. We'll draft two CBs IMO.

1 minute ago, DattMavis said:

As much as I like Rivers, I hated the signing. I remember telling a co-worker that we’d just repeatedly be patching an empty hole, and we needed to be truly bad to get our Luck replacement. I wasn’t aware of how correct I was, or how long it would take. haha

I thought with the team we had, Rivers would give us a punchers chance to make a SB run but I did realize it would only be for a year or 2 because of his age. Rivers had a good season here, really borderline great and we had the Bills beat in the playoffs, we just gave that game away.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me! I hated that trade

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DattMavis said:

I don’t see the Steelers passing on Porter. It’s too perfect of a fit for them, and their fans want it. I don’t think they trade out. I said it last night. Is it weird I almost want Mayer, lol? AR throwing to Woods and Mayer would just be unfair.

There are multiple players that fell that could be good for us. Besides Levis and Hooker falling, things went about as well as possible yesterday. Probably the only semi-realistic picks we got burned on a little were Forbes and Banks. Otherwise, a great day 1 as far as who made it to day 2. Mayer would be fun at 35, I agree. 

I thought with the team we had, Rivers would give us a punchers chance to make a SB run but I did realize it would only be for a year or 2 because of his age. Rivers had a good season here, really borderline great and we had the Bills beat in the playoffs, we just gave that game away.

I think too Reich was foaming at the mouth for Wentz and that pushed Rivers out

I predicted 9 wins that season, so I was pleasantly surprised at how much Rivers had left.

I can’t think about the past much though, because then I remember that we had the two best QB prospects in history, and only won a single Lombardi. I guess it just proves that having THE GUY at QB doesn’t guarantee anything.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We got real lucky. See over the last 2 months I felt like something wasn't right with Levis. He gave me a bad vibe. I was actually right here because 30 other GM's agree with me as well. That is 100% of GM's that passed on him.

• Like 2

We got real lucky. See over the last 2 months I felt like something wasn't right with Levis. He gave me a bad vibe. I was actually right here because 30 other GM's agree with me as well. That is 100% of GM's that passed on him.

I seriously won’t be shocked if he falls to the third round. If you like him in the second, you trade to the late first to get the 5th year.

Now teams that kinda liked him are probably spooked because no one drafted him.

• Like 1

I got that same vibe over the last couple days. I didn't want Stroud, and I didn't want Levis as much. Young was my top guy, but he was going at 1. That left Richardson as my choice. To get him at 4 without trading up, I was both relieved and ecstatic. 

1 minute ago, strt182 said:

Could the colts double down and take Levi's with the 35 pick?

Sure, it would be hilarious and stupid lol. I'm sure neither Richardson nor Levis would appreciate it lol! haha 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Well the Hooded one has done this same approach for 20 plus years so if we even get half those results out of Shane and AR, I’ll be stoked

Yeah me personally I don’t give a rats about anyone’s personality in sports.  I don’t watch much post or pre game. I just want to watch the Colts win on Sundays.  

manning was great before the Mike and the camera and Brady wasn’t but I’d certainly have rather watched Brady’s results .  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Nelson says hi

Sorry I wasn’t more detailed. 5 defensive lineman in the first two rounds. Paye in the first and 4 jags in the 2nd.  Perhaps Dayo is more and this year will tell a lot of his career trajectory. Nelson was a solid pick and I hope he can stay healthy and return as the mauler and terrific lineman we have known. 

Just now, Nickster said:

Yeah me personally I don’t give a rats about anyone’s personality in sports.  I don’t watch much post or pre game. I just want to watch the Colts win on Sundays.  

manning was great before the Mike and the camera and Brady wasn’t but I’d certainly have rather watched Brady’s results .  

As much as I hate to agree with this, I do completely.

I’d trade those commercials and SNL for another ring…

While Peyton was making us laugh, Brady got the last laugh.