Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavin Mock Draft 2023 -- Make your Picks here

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Bears recap.

after landing the number 1 pick and trading it to Carolina for a basket of picks, plus a superstar at WR, the bears after trying to trade down again from 9 and finding no partners, selected a stud at Tackle to shore up their OL(thanks @NFLfan btw) and then stunned the world by trading up to pick 20 to select Hooker from TN. While many thought Fields showed he could be a starter long term, having solved their two biggest problems already, and having two 1st round picks next year, the bears had the rare chance to take a flyer on an injured but when healthy stud at QB in Hooker to backup fields, and push fields for the starting job. 

I’m interested to see who the Seahawks get at those picks you traded. There could be some nice pieces there that the Bears could have used to bolster their roster around Fields. Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

• Like 1

Breaking News

Cardinals have agreed to trade their 34th pick in the draft to the Cardinals for 66th.

The first team in NFL history to trade up and down at the same time

Mel Kiper noticed the shift in reality and the stage began to crumble as a hole in the universe has ripped open

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Breaking News

Cardinals have agreed to trade their 34th pick in the draft to the Cardinals for 66th.

Mel Kiper noticed the shift in reality and the stage began to crumble as a hole in the universe has ripped open

Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Breaking News

Trade not approved 

I Dont Think So Oh No GIF by Superior Solutions Contracting

40 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Breaking News

Would you pick a third round grade prospect at #34 and draft a second round graded prospect at #66..... oh wait.... they're all gone? 

Everson Griffen What GIF by Minnesota Vikings

34 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’m ready to make my pick

Drafted selections and Big Board are here :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V_0emwQrSZW3d2clgqdcUZnrW9coKGhc/edit?usp=drivesdk&ouid=106424999949704288912&rtpof=true&sd=true

You can make your pick as you're on the clock, and in case you wouldn't be available during draft hours, you can send me, @NFLfan and @csmopar a list of prospects you'd like to choose from. 

5 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Debate Topic

Has trade for Hooker overshadowed trade for Richardson? 

It has because of the draft capital the Bears used to trade up for Hooker. 1.) It was three 2nd round picks, and 2.) We are only playing with this years picks, so that was much more to give up then one would think in this style compared to the actual draft where the Bears would be able to "mix and match years". 

Richardson at 3 is a scenario that has been widely talked about among draft analysts and is expected to a certain degree. It's one of the more likely scenarios that has been discussed on the forum. The draft capital used was light, and that was nice by the Colts, but the Bears trade up for Hooker isn't something that the majority thought of, so we got a thrill out of it when something new happened that was unique to our draft.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It has because of the draft capital the Bears used to trade up for Hooker. 1.) It was three 2nd round picks, and 2.) We are only playing with this years picks, so that was much more to give up then one would think in this style compared to the actual draft where the Bears would be able to "mix and match years". 

Richardson at 3 is a scenario that has been widely talked about among draft analysts and is expected to a certain degree. It's one of the more likely scenarios that has been discussed on the forum. The draft capital used was light, and that was nice by the Colts, but the Bears trade up for Hooker isn't something that the majority thought of, so we got a thrill out of it when something new happened that was unique to our draft.

true, I don't think it is believed in real world that a team would trade up for Hooker into the first round, but that really could happen, may not be moving up this many draft picks but Bears have enough draft ammunition to create some Shockwave like that. 

Another topic - As @CR91 said that he wouldn't have picked Will Levis for the Raiders at #7 overall if he were online, I wonder how far Levis would've fallen in the first round? Keep in mind, when we made a consensus pick for Raiders to draft Levis, we were at #15 draft slot so he had already fallen to the middle of the first round!

Maybe, Da Bears would've grabbed Levis instead of Hooker, and as Levis was assigned to Raiders, they instead went to the next best QB. 

Actual draft definitely has some nice surprises in waiting to see when it comes to QBs  :sip:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

true, I don't think it is believed in real world that a team would trade up for Hooker into the first round, but that really could happen, may not be moving up this many draft picks but Bears have enough draft ammunition to create some Shockwave like that. 

Another topic - As @CR91 said that he wouldn't have picked Will Levis for the Raiders at #7 overall if he were online, I wonder how far Levis would've fallen in the first round? Keep in mind, when we made a consensus pick for Raiders to draft Levis, we were at #15 draft slot so he had already fallen to the middle of the first round!

Maybe, Da Bears would've grabbed Levis instead of Hooker, and as Levis was assigned to Raiders, they instead went to the next best QB. 

Actual draft definitely has some nice surprises in waiting to see when it comes to QBs  :sip:

I think a team may move up into the first round, but not the Bears specifically. I was thinking teams like the Cards, Titans, Raiders, Falcons, and maybe the Seahawks or Lions. 

I think Levis would have fallen to a team like TB, Detroit, Minn, Baltimore, or a wildcard like Dallas. All for different reasons. 

Draft has been fun so far. These guys are keeping me on my toes. Looking forward to tonight as well to finish round 1 and get into round 2.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

i just think the Bears aren’t fully sold on Fields long term. It took them a very long time post season to commit to Fields. That to me signals they were on the fence with him. 

I view this as when the Eagles grabbed hurts while having Wentz. Not exactly the same situation but that’s the thought process here. That process being if Fields outplays him and does well, good. If Fields regresses, Hooker is in the wings and ready to give it a go.

Also, when I came up with this idea, I factored in what they received to trade back from number 1, especially with DJ. They got a star WR1. 

then at 9, they grabbed the best tackle in college football. 

i was looking over their roster after 9, they could use some DL depth but I think the drop off after the top 40-50 picks is big and players 50 and beyond aren’t separated by much talent wise.

This draft class to me, in my mind is very eerily similar to 2013, a few solid starters here and there, but mostly project players. 

By getting Hooker, while having Fields, this should push the competition for QB. It also gives time for Hooker to fully heal.

it’s a gamble but so is every draft pick.  

58 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I was going to take Levis at 9 if I was here and he wasn’t taken at 7. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I am not, had a really bad day as my gf and I both got let go from our job today. I was just checking out to see how started picks went

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear that. Do you work in the tech industry? I am hopeful that you will be working at another job soon. 

19 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, the missed picks have a ripple effect and the consensus picks should probably happen faster now.

Maybe. Probably but it’s fun

5 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I am not, had a really bad day as my gf and I both got let go from our job today. I was just checking out to see how started picks went

Sorry to hear

Hello, everyone. Thank you all for your participation. It has been fun. I work today; so, I probably won't be here until after 5pm ET, unless I peek here once or twice during work.

We have heard from almost everyone except a few.

@Archer you will be among the first to be on the clock. We hope to see you.

@SaturdayAllDay I hope you will join us later to pick for the Saints.

@Defjamz26 Thank you for your PM about the Ravens pick. You will also have to make a pick for the Giants within the first 30 minutes of the draft tonight.

@PureLuckThank you for your PM yesterday. If Defjams makes a pick for the Ravens before the start of the draft tonight, you can announce the Vikings pick afterwards. Otherwise, I will announce it tonight.

Have a good day/night everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Sorry to hear that but you are young and life will work out for you and your gf, just have to stay positive.

I know it’s easier said than done but being laid off at 50-60 is tougher on someone (something that is always in the back of my head), makes it much harder to get back into the workforce.

• Like 1

Good Morning GMs... Below listed are the upcoming picks until Round 3 in order. It may be useful to assess possibility of trades and to find where you might be picking next in the order. 

You can find the full list of draft order and Big Board in the link :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V_0emwQrSZW3d2clgqdcUZnrW9coKGhc/edit?usp=drivesdk&ouid=106424999949704288912&rtpof=true&sd=true

Round, Pick #, Drafting Team 

1 22 Baltimore Ravens

1 23 Minnesota Vikings

1 24 Jacksonville Jaguars

1 25 New York Giants

1 26 Dallas Cowboys

1 27 Buffalo Bills

1 28 Cincinnati Bengals

1 29 New Orleans Saints

1 30 Philadelphia Eagles

1 31 Kansas City Chiefs

2 32 Pittsburgh Steelers

2 33 Houston Texans

2 34 Arizona Cardinals

2 35 Indianapolis Colts

2 36 Los Angeles Rams

2 37 Seattle Seahawks

2 38 Las Vegas Raiders

2 39 Carolina Panthers

2 40 New Orleans Saints

2 41 Tennessee Titans

2 42 New York Jets

2 43 New York Jets

2 44 Atlanta Falcons

2 45 Green Bay Packers

2 46 New England Patriots

2 47 Washington Commanders

2 48 Detroit Lions

2 49 Pittsburgh Steelers

2 50 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2 51 Miami Dolphins

2 52 Seattle Seahawks

2 53 Seattle Seahawks

2 54 Los Angeles Chargers

2 55 Detroit Lions

2 56 Jacksonville Jaguars

2 57 New York Giants

2 58 Dallas Cowboys

2 59 Buffalo Bills

2 60 Cincinnati Bengals

2 61 Seattle Seahawks

2 62 Philadelphia Eagles

2 63 Kansas City Chiefs

3 64 Seattle Seahawks

3 65 Houston Texans

3 66 Arizona Cardinals

3 67 Denver Broncos

3 68 Denver Broncos

3 69 Los Angeles Rams

3 70 Las Vegas Raiders

3 71 New Orleans Saints

3 72 Tennessee Titans

3 73 Houston Texans

3 74 Cleveland Browns

3 75 Atlanta Falcons

3 76 New England Patriots

3 77 Los Angeles Rams

3 78 Green Bay Packers

3 79 Indianapolis Colts

3 80 Pittsburgh Steelers

3 81 Detroit Lions

3 82 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

3 83 Seattle Seahawks

3 84 Miami Dolphins

3 85 Los Angeles Chargers

3 86 Baltimore Ravens

3 87 Minnesota Vikings

3 88 Jacksonville Jaguars

3 89 New York Giants

3 90 Dallas Cowboys

3 91 Buffalo Bills

3 92 Cincinnati Bengals

3 93 Carolina Panthers

3 94 Philadelphia Eagles

3 95 Kansas City Chiefs

3 96 Arizona Cardinals

3 97 Washington Commanders

3 98 Cleveland Browns

3 99 San Francisco 49ers

3 100 Las Vegas Raiders

3 101 San Francisco 49ers

3 102 San Francisco 49ers

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

It was really between 2 prospects for me. Ultimately the signing of OBJ made this pick change.

With the 22nd pick in the 2023 NFL draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Deonte Banks, CB from Maryland.

Nice pick, interesting to see Cam Smith, CB going down the pecking order among cornerbacks. 

@Defjamz26

your pick for Giants come up couple of picks after we start in the evening, if you would like to send us the list of prospects you'd like to draft in case you wouldn't be available during draft, please send the choices via PM to commissioners ( @csmopar, @NFLfan, @VikingsFanInChennai).

• Like 1

All GMs, 

We are planning to get the draft running for an extra hour and see how it goes. We'll start by 7 PM EDT and will look to end the draft by 11 PM EDT. 

If you wouldn't be available during any of the draft hours, please plan to send in advance your list of draft prospects for your teams coming up to commissioners (

@csmopar, @NFLfan, @VikingsFanInChennai

Following is the list of teams that we would be waiting to draft to finish first round today early. Respective GMs are requested to plan to be available, and we'd like to get the second round of the draft going today. 

Round, Pick #, Drafting Team 

1 23 Minnesota Vikings (GM has sent the choices already. THE PICK IS IN!) 

1 24 Jacksonville Jaguars @Archer

1 25 New York Giants  @Defjamz26 

1 26 Dallas Cowboys  @chad72  

1 27 Buffalo Bills  @Jared Cisneros  

1 28 Cincinnati Bengals  @RollerColt  

1 29 New Orleans Saints  @SaturdayAllDay   

1 30 Philadelphia Eagles  @runthepost  

1 31 Kansas City Chiefs  @chad72  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

@VikingsFanInChennai The Falcons just traded a 5th rounder for Jeff Okudah in real life. Should we factor that into the mock draft or ignore it?

Until actual NFL draft order changes on the same day we do those rounds, I think we can incorporate as that impacts the draft needs for the GM. 

I would like to hear Falcons and Lions GMs @El Potro@Mike06181 and everyone voice their suggestions. 

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Until actual NFL draft order changes on the same day we do those rounds, I think we can incorporate as that impacts the draft needs for the GM. 

I would like to hear Falcons and Lions GMs @El Potro@Mike06181 and everyone voice their suggestions. 

Fine by me since it really happened. 

Just glad I didn't take a corner, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@PureLuck You're on the clock for the Vikes. If you would like to announce the pick yourself, please do so.

Who wants to know the pick??? I'm going back to work laptop in a few.

3 minutes ago, El Potro said:

Fine by me since it really happened. 

Just glad I didn't take a corner, lol. 

You fleeced the Lions!

(My comments merged :grumpy2:)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

@PureLuck You're on the clock for the Vikes. If you would like to announce the pick yourself, please do so.

Vikings have had their "one fun season in 5 years" turn complete, so I'll be getting into the Bunker when the regular season starts  :peek:

As for the draft, I'm looking for CBs in this class, I wanted to keep Patrick Peterson... oh well.. 

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I remember last year I had the Broncos and drafted Tyler Allgier in the 4th round. Right after that, the Broncos signed Melvin Gordon lol. It can happen sometimes between days.

remember that.. And then, they dropped him. You were proven right :thmup:

Yeah, trades like that happen.. we're getting closer to the draft after all. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You fleeced the Lions!

(My comments merged :grumpy2:)

Thank you, I‘ll gladly make the pick myself since my number one target for the Vikings is still on the board. 

With the 23rd Pick of the 2023 Gavin Mock Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select

Calijah Kancey, DT, Pittsburgh

@Archer and the Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1