Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chicago trade with Carolina

Patrick Miller

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Which is… what?

MY opinion on Levis. YOU said that Eason lacked some things off the field necessary to be successful as a qb and that Eason didn't have it. YOU also said he didn't have the drive and desire. I simply asked you saw this but Ballard didn't? I also NEVER gave you that badge of honor by saying that you were a better evaluator than Ballard so don't flatter yourself. I also stand on what I said about the name calling that you doubled down on. So now I'm a troll seeking attention on a fan msg board. That's laughable in itself because I've had attention for most of my life. I'm STILL in awe on how EMPOWERED you feel to call names on the other side of that keyboard. Do you usually do it in person too or is it just a msg board thing? Never mind I'll let you keep your little alter ego while at home with your chest poked out... Lol

24 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If the Panthers are trying to trade back now, I could see the Colts having another opportunity to trade to no1. We'll have to see how it plays out. 

So ask me this. The Bears traded to Carolina because they must have gidn them the best if not the only 

2 hours ago, Jackie Daytona said:

THANK YOU. All these people freaking out over "lost opportunity". "losing out" "Ballard being stubborn". 

If we had matched the value in that deal, Ballard loses his job in a year or two.  Like it or hate it, selling the farm when you count on the draft as much as we do under this leadership was NEVER going to happen unless for a QB that isn't just called "generational" but likely IS generational at his position....NONE of these guys is a surefire QB that can actually CARRY a team abd cover up mulitple deficiencies... And before you say No QB is a sure thing coming out.....  THIS TEAM alone has drafted TWO in the last 25 years.....  Those two are the type you trade like this for.  Look it up, Carolina just gave up the LARGEST package for a #1 pick in History..... For one of these four.

Let that sink in.  Are any of these guys likely worthy of the largest trade for the #1?   Do any of them have that history, or gut feeling?  

Be honest, stop being overly reactive, and I think the consensus is obvious.  It's not flashy, you're disappointed, I get it.... But this wasn't the move to make.

And…..if there truly is a generational QB in the draft like Manning or Luck, no team would trade out of the chance to get them!  And before anyone says ‘they would if they already have a franchise QB’, if that were the case, they wouldn’t have the first pick.

Just now, bluephantom87 said:

MY opinion on Levis. YOU said that Eason lacked some things off the field necessary to be successful as a qb and that Eason didn't have it. YOU also said he didn't have the drive and desire. I simply asked you saw this but Ballard didn't? I also NEVER gave you that badge of honor by saying that you were a better evaluator than Ballard so don't flatter yourself. I also stand on what I said about the name calling that you doubled down on. So now I'm a troll seeking attention on a fan msg board. That's laughable in itself because I've had attention for most of my life. I'm STILL in awe on how EMPOWERED you feel to call names on the other side of that keyboard. Do you usually do it in person too or is it just a msg board thing? Never mind I'll let you keep your little alter ego while at home with your chest poked out... Lol

Jesus Christ. I’m not flattering myself at all. You don’t know anything about me. I have about as much self doubt and hate as possible. I have 0 ego. 

It was talked about when we got Eason that he was worth a 4th because he had multiple questions about his work ethic. It was a concern from Georgia to Washington. Ballard even said there wouldn’t be high expectations for Jacob because of this and it would be up to Eason to prove his worth. It didn’t happen. So no I never said Ballard missed those issues with Eason. He acknowledged those issues and took him in the 4th round. 

The arm talent comparison with Levis I get. But I haven’t heard or read anything about him having work ethic issues. In fact the Colts just posted an article about Levis working on improving his lower body mechanics. 

25 minutes ago, Indeee said:

It is being said that IF the Panthers wanted one of the 4 and didn't really care which one, then they could trade back as far as 4, get their picks back, and potentially replacement need players at much lesser cost than Moore was

let me get this straight.  Obviously the Texans and Colts did not offer the Bears enuff or anything for the top pick. Now Carolina jumps in and they think they are going to get the Texans and maybe the Colts to up their offer. So  that would mean the Panthers would probably want the Texans  2nd and 12th pick. I don't  see the Texans and Colts gms doing this.  They may have  been jumped by the Panthers but I don't see either GM  as trading to one.  It would make them look like they have been out matched and  i would just stay where they r and pick. 

4 minutes ago, Breeze said:

And…..if there truly is a generational QB in the draft like Manning or Luck, no team would trade out of the chance to get them!  And before anyone says ‘they would if they already have a franchise QB’, if that were the case, they wouldn’t have the first pick.

No one is disputing that those type QBs don't get the pick traded.  The thing is, the hypothetical value it would take to possibly do that type of trade....is what WAS traded, for much less of a sure fire franchise changing QB.  I think they massively overpaid.  I could be wrong.  

28 minutes ago, Indeee said:

It is being said that IF the Panthers wanted one of the 4 and didn't really care which one, then they could trade back as far as 4, get their picks back, and potentially replacement need players at much lesser cost than Moore was

Lol if I was either the Cardinals or Colts, I'll block any call from them.  Stay in the bed you made for yourself, especially if I'm the Colts.  What do I look like crawling back to the guy I fired and trading with him.  No sir, I'll stay right here at 4

7 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

let me get this straight.  Obviously the Texans and Colts did not offer the Bears enuff or anything for the top pick. Now Carolina jumps in and they think they are going to get the Texans and maybe the Colts to up their offer. So  that would mean the Panthers would probably want the Texans  2nd and 12th pick. I don't  see the Texans and Colts gms doing this.  They may have  been jumped by the Panthers but I don't see either GM  as trading to one.  It would make them look like they have been out matched and  i would just stay where they r and pick. 

I think this scenario would ultimately be directed toward the Colts.

If Reich believes Ballard and Irsay would be desperate enough absolutely. 

Let's say the Colts really wanted Stroud and now believe there would be virtually zero chance of landing him now that Carolina holds the top pick and everybody and their mother is predicting the panthers to take him. 

Could I see Reich fleecing the Colts out of spite for picks and let's say Pittman and Kelly for the overall top spot? Absolutely!

I don't know that I'd blame Ballard on this one.  Trading with multiple high picks is probably more about the owner.

My expectation is we'll reach for Young and miss on the QB.  Because I don't think Young has it for this level.  But I would love to be wrong if things go down that way.

The amount of overreaction and assuming Ballard sat on his hands is astounding but not at all shocking.

A trade to the #1 pick before the new league year starts is out of the ordinary in itself. We have no clue what talks Ballard had with Poles and if we offered a compensation package that Poles just didn't like (I'm assuming there were a handful of those). We also have no idea how this draft will end up going, yet there's already so many resolved to us getting stuck with the lesser of QB prospects.

Maybe Frank sees a lot of what he liked in Wentz in Levis and takes him at 1? We have no idea and yet so many posters are already acting like the draft happened and we got the short end of the stick.

The same people were doing the same hysterics about the HC search and were so convinced that Saturday would be the guy. That ended up just fine, so maybe wait until draft night to rain down the doom and gloom?

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I know it’s over dramatic but I just feel like a big fat loser colt fan. It’s so hard to get excited anymore.  It never feels this team does anything to actually try and win.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Feels like the excitement for the future has gone out the door. I know that’s silly but I am not going to get over this for awhile because I don’t trust Ballard.

I completely get it, and you aren't being overdramatic. Pretty much guarantees we aren't getting Stroud and Young. Unfortunately, it seems when there's a conservative and aggressive option that we can do, we always take the conservative route. 

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

The amount of overreaction and assuming Ballard sat on his hands is astounding but not at all shocking.

A trade to the #1 pick before the new league year starts is out of the ordinary in itself. We have no clue what talks Ballard had with Poles and if we offered a compensation package that Poles just didn't like (I'm assuming there were a handful of those). We also have no idea how this draft will end up going, yet there's already so many resolved to us getting stuck with the lesser of QB prospects.

Maybe Frank sees a lot of what he liked in Wentz in Levis and takes him at 1? We have no idea and yet so many posters are already acting like the draft happened and we got the short end of the stick.

The same people were doing the same hysterics about the HC search and were so convinced that Saturday would be the guy. That ended up just fine, so maybe wait until draft night to rain down the doom and gloom?

I think it's mostly fair to assume at this point that we aren't getting Stroud or Young. That's the main bummer here. We are probably taking Levis or Richardson, and both have their risks. Levis is a high floor option that will be 24 at the start of the season with not much upside, and Richardson is a high ceiling, low floor option with lots of risk. It's definitely the 2nd tier of QBs.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I completely get it, and you aren't being overdramatic. Pretty much guarantees we aren't getting Stroud and Young. Unfortunately, it seems when there's a conservative and aggressive option that we can do, we always take the conservative route. 

Don’t get me wrong I am fine with Levis. But if we actually draft Richardson and sit him I am done  for a year. I am not going to sit here and watch a retread. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Don’t get me wrong I am fine with Levis. But if we actually draft Richardson and sit him I am done  for a year. I am not going to sit here and watch a retread. 

I agree, and feel the same way. I'm ok with a QB taking his lumps and struggling a bit as long as he has the potential to get better, but I won't watch Richardson (and maybe Levis), sit on the bench for a year while playing someone like Ryan or Minshew.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Vegas had to know something before this trade went down. Why else would AR going first odds skyrocket 

Huh?  Stroud has surged to the favorite at -350.  He was in the plus before the trade.  

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think it's mostly fair to assume at this point that we aren't getting Stroud or Young. That's the main bummer here. We are probably taking Levis or Richardson, and both have their risks. Levis is a high floor option that will be 24 at the start of the season with not much upside, and Richardson is a high ceiling, low floor option with lots of risk. It's definitely the 2nd tier of QBs.

I think Carolina has many fish in play and it doesn't  just involve the qbs in this draft. Just a hunch. Ps they went  like gang busters and it was down to Atlanta and Carolina last year for Watson until Cleveland offers a amquqrte of a billion dollars   lo ll.  If they r in play for Lamar, they r pulling out all the stops.

Seems like an overpay. Of course, if it hits who cares.  If it doesn’t, Panthers could be giving up the first pick next year to the Bears.   Pass catchers look rough for the Panthers right now.  WR class in the draft and free agency doesn’t appear hot.  Lucky for them, they play in the NFC south and their AFC matchups is the AFC south.  With a likely cupcake schedule, would expect they are minimally middling barring major injury issues or the QB they do draft is a complete disaster.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

AR was at +1500. Last I checked he was +250

+400.  Young is at +275.  Checking now to actually bet it though imagine there’s some variation between sports books.  Though Stroud still solid favorite right now at -350.

Well I definitely think the Cards are next to trade their pick. Hopefully to the Colts but likely not with mr conservative Ballard at the helm. So I guess we just have to hope they like all 4 qb's and dont care which one they get, because were for sure getting the 4th off the board. Slight chance at the 3rd.

I could see Jimmy G and a trade back at this point.

34 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Feels like the excitement for the future has gone out the door. I know that’s silly but I am not going to get over this for awhile because I don’t trust Ballard.

Ballard installs no confidence to do what is right for this team 

Archived