Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chicago trade with Carolina

Patrick Miller

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

In that case, we would wind up getting the best player in the draft in Will Anderson at 4.  If that's the way it plays out, I wouldn't be unhappy.

Be best for Colts at this point. More of Shane style anyway.

7 minutes ago, tvturner said:

Did either Richardson or Levis have one of the best seasons in CFB history in that one year?

No, but the statement I was responding to didn't say anything about whether we're talking about a good or a great season. And has Richardson had even one good season?

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Okay. Why do the Colts have to draft a QB? Why not draft another player like BPA?

(I'm moving this away from Will Levis bashing.)

The colts are not winning with the QBs they have now. 

3 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

In that case, we would wind up getting the best player in the draft in Will Anderson at 4.  If that's the way it plays out, I wouldn't be unhappy.

Would you be in favor of the Colts trading back?

Just now, csmopar said:

No. 

Why? Technically they were traded for. Another team just made the pick. Eagles traded up to 2nd to get Wentz and you can say what you want, but he did win MVP and could have won the Superbowl 

15 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He is going to be a guard and that is what scours project him as. 

Believe what you'd like. Scouting in general is a crap shoot though. So I don't put much stock in any scout's opinion. Skoronski has proven himself on the field at his position. To say he's a guard is like saying Jalen Hurts/Lamar Jackson was a RB coming out of college. Let the guy prove himself before you automatically demote him. 

Just now, CR91 said:

Why? Technically they were traded for. Another team just made the pick. Eagles traded up to 2nd to get Wentz and you can say what you want, but he did win MVP and could have won the Superbowl 

Even if we counted that, which my question clearly stated for the team that drafted them, you’re still looking just two times in nearly 40 years

2 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

No, but the statement I was responding to didn't say anything about whether we're talking about a good or a great season. And has Richardson had even one good season?

It'd be a stretch imo to call it a "good" season

Lot of ups and downs

Just now, NFLfan said:

Would you be in favor of the Colts trading back?

Not really.  But if we did, it would need to be no further down than, say, pick 7.

I think we need to get the best player we can in this draft.  If that's a QB, great.  If that's a DE, great.  If that's a CB, great.  If that's a WR, great.  But I don't want to trade down so far that the best player we have an opportunity to get isn't great.

No, I'm ok with staying at 4.  I think we're guaranteed to either get one of the four QB's or Anderson.

28 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I'm 99 percent sure you're joking, but just in case you're not, if Ballard thought trading up three spots was expensive there is no way he'd give up the haul the ravens would want for Lamar.

The price for Lamar is fixed at 2x 1st round picks due to the non-exclusive tag, isn’t it? Which would likely be less than the Bears would have gotten if the Colts had made the move up to 1st pick.

Just now, indyagent17 said:

I sure hope they take Bryce young but I get a feeling it’s gonna be Stroud. I don’t think Frank wants to get a small quarterback.

Vegas had to know something before this trade went down. Why else would AR going first odds skyrocket 

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He is going to be a guard and that is what scours project him as.

I would hope Steichen agreed with this decision. But who knows. 

Those same guys said the same about Braden Smith and yet he’s been solid at RT

Just now, csmopar said:

Even if we counted that, which my question clearly stated for the team that drafted them, you’re still looking just two times in nearly 40 years

It doesn't happen a lot. The only other example is the Falcons trading for Vick

7 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Profootballtalk is reporting that the Panthers put out a presser saying now they are in control of the draft and are not opposed to trading back.

:Nuke:

Reminds me of The Office episode where Dwight buys Andy’s Nissan, and then resells it for a higher price. Lmao…

2 minutes ago, RDNScot said:

The price for Lamar is fixed at 2x 1st round picks due to the non-exclusive tag, isn’t it? Which would likely be less than the Bears would have gotten if the Colts had made the move up to 1st pick.

There was no way Ballard was giving up two first round picks to move up three spots

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Honestly I don't get how this makes sense??

It is being said that IF the Panthers wanted one of the 4 and didn't really care which one, then they could trade back as far as 4, get their picks back, and potentially replacement need players at much lesser cost than Moore was

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Honestly I don't get how this makes sense??

I've been saying a few times on this forum that the Panthers have interest in Richardson. They don't have to take him at 1, they can trade down to 2 or 4 and do so. Heck, even if they want Stroud or Young, they could give the Texans their choice of the two, and take the other one.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If the Panthers are trying to trade back now, I could see the Colts having another opportunity to trade to no1. We'll have to see how it plays out. 

I said this in the other thread. If panthers deem they want Levis or Richardson they could. But it doesn’t make sense. Why would colts do that if they know panthers are not taking the same QB. They would hang up phone. Texans are a different story. 

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

It is being said that IF the Panthers wanted one of the 4 and didn't really care which one, then they could trade back as far as 4, get their picks back, and potentially replacement need players at much lesser cost than Moore was

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

But what if Texans and Indy don't care what qb they get? Doesn't that kind of hoop Carolina?

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I said this in the other thread. If panthers deem they want Levis or Richardson they could. But it doesn’t make sense. Why would colts do that if they know panthers are not taking the same QB. They would hang up phone. Texans are a different story. 

Only because of the Texans obviously. If we want our choice of QBs, it's a 2nd chance now, if the Panthers are interested in all the QBs, but have Stroud and Young higher, then that could be another reason to trade up. Obviously, they have to be interested in trading down and we'll have to pay a decent price.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah I dont get  it at all if the story is true. By saying their plan out loud it kind of  puts them in a corner.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

But what if Texans and Indy don't care what qb they get? Doesn't that kind of hoop Carolina?

I Dunno, unless Panthers know something the rest don't or they wanted AR-15 all along and knew they could get him at 4 at worst.

Keep Darnell as a bridge until AR is ready to roll

:dunno:

6 minutes ago, Indeee said:

If this is true this is a scene right  out of the movie Draft Day lol.

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

I would have to agree. If they can pull this off, it's actually kind of smart

This is why the scenario has been thrown out based on the timing of this trade. 6 weeks until draft gives plenty of time to reel in some desperate fish

Archived