Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Conference Championship Games, Jan. 29, 2023, Discussion thread

NFLfan

Just three more games in the season. This Sunday are the Conference Championship games.

3PM ET/ 2PM CT / 12 Noon PT:

San Francisco 49ers at the Philadelphia Eagles 

6:30 ET / 5:30 CT / 3:30 PT 

Cincinnati Bengals vs Kansas City Chiefs  (game preview video not available yet; will post when released.)

What are your thoughts on the games? We have a prediction poll in a separate thread titled Super Bowl LVII. Here is the link if you have not already voted. LINK

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bengals players are talking all kinds of smack, calling Arrowhead, Burrowhead. Eli Apple is a huge smack talker. They better be careful what they wish for. Mahomes said he felt good today and the ankle was ok. I think KC will win this game, I am still not buying the Bengals will beat them 2 years in a row in Arrowhead for the title. Lets see if they can backup their talk. I trust a top 15 QB of all-time and a top 15 Coach of all-time over a young QB and Coach.

• NFLfan pinned this topic

ESPN is saying how great the Bengals are - saying Burrow is better than Mahomes (nonsense), only 1 person is picking the Chiefs so far. Bengals have beat the Chiefs 3 times in a row but each game was only by 3 points lmao . Chiefs will not only win this game but they will win by 7+, book it. Greeney is picking the Chiefs, he is the only one. Mahomes is about to show why he is an all-time great. Mahomes said he is around 80% healthy, they are not losing 4 in a row to the Bengals/2 straight AFC Title Games at Arrowhead. I just put my bet in on a pick'em at $200, I have Chiefs. Can't wait!

This is becoming a trap game for the Bengals I fear. 

On one hand I don't like all this trash talking. It's just bulletin board material for the Chiefs. 

On the other, sometimes the team that is cool, confident and borderline sassy and arrogant wins these big games. Sometimes having that swag is what it takes to get to the next level. And freaking Burrow has it in droves. 

On 1/27/2023 at 9:42 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

ESPN is saying how great the Bengals are - saying Burrow is better than Mahomes (nonsense), only 1 person is picking the Chiefs so far. Bengals have beat the Chiefs 3 times in a row but each game was only by 3 points lmao . Chiefs will not only win this game but they will win by 7+, book it. Greeney is picking the Chiefs, he is the only one. Mahomes is about to show why he is an all-time great. Mahomes said he is around 80% healthy, they are not losing 4 in a row to the Bengals/2 straight AFC Title Games at Arrowhead. I just put my bet in on a pick'em at $200, I have Chiefs. Can't wait!

I like Reid and Mahomes but I would like to see another fan base win it. I'm actually not a fan of dynasties. I like the wealth (championships) spread around. I'm rooting for the Bengals and 49ers. I don't like the Eagles at all and one of my best friends told me that she suddenly became an Eagles fan after going to the last game in 2022. Lol. So, I'm rooting against the Eagles but they may have the best team. 

22 hours ago, RollerColt said:

This is becoming a trap game for the Bengals I fear. 

On one hand I don't like all this trash talking. It's just bulletin board material for the Chiefs. 

On the other, sometimes the team that is cool, confident and borderline sassy and arrogant wins these big games. Sometimes having that swag is what it takes to get to the next level. And freaking Burrow has it in droves. 

I hope your dad is appreciating the good football. As fans, we want so much to win, but the ride and journey toward a championship is often not appreciated once there is a loss. 

I know I'm going to get flack for it but I have no problem with putting up banners or other symbols of other games won. There is no reason not to show that the Bengals played in the Super Bowl last year. It is an accomplishment. The Vikings and Lions of the last 30 years only wish they can get there. 

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I hope your dad is appreciating the good football. As fans, we want so much to win, but the ride and journey toward a championship is often not appreciated once there is a loss. 

I know I'm going to get flack for it but I have no problem with putting up banners or other symbols of other games won. There is no reason not to show that the Bengals played in the Super Bowl last year. It is an accomplishment. The Vikings and Lions of the last 30 years only wish they can get there. 

As he has said, with Burrow the journey is fun. The kid is class but just such a personality. Hard not to like him.

I like the Bengals as a team (Burrow is great) but they are talking a lot of trash for a team that has never won a SB. Tomorrow will be interesting. I think KC will win, I seriously doubt Mahomes loses 4 straight times to them. If the game was at Cincy I would feel different but it is in Arrowhead again. I think the 49ers will go into Philly and take care of them, they haven't lost since October lmao .

As a Colts fan, we couldn't talk trash until we won the SB in 2006 towards a team like the Pats for example. You just don't do that unless you get that ring. Once we won in 2006, we could talk all we wanted too. 2006 saved us and validated all of our other wins.

I look at these teams playing today in the final 4 and none of them as a whole were bigger, stronger, or faster than we were in 2006. Peyton would also be considered the best QB out of this bunch. Mahomes is close to Peyton but Peyton was better. Nobody is faster than Freeney or Mathis on any of these teams. Saturday is the best Center out of all those teams. My point is that was 16 years ago, so the NFL peaked out 20 years ago as far as someone trying to say players are bigger, stronger, faster now days. Bob Sanders would smoke a WR now days if he hit them, dude could bench press 350 poundThe Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like the Bengals as a team (Burrow is great) but they are talking a lot of trash for a team that has never won a SB. Tomorrow will be interesting. I think KC will win, I seriously doubt Mahomes loses 4 straight times to them. If the game was at Cincy I would feel different but it is in Arrowhead again. I think the 49ers will go into Philly and take care of them, they haven't lost since October lmao .

As a Colts fan, we couldn't talk trash until we won the SB in 2006 towards a team like the Pats for example. You just don't do that unless you get that ring. Once we won in 2006, we could talk all we wanted too. 2006 saved us and validated all of our other wins.

I agree with you. The only saving grace is that the top players of the Bengals are quiet. Burrow, Chase, Mixon and Hubbard haven’t talked trash as far as I know. It’s mainly Eli Apple who’s honesty been a trash talker every place he’s played. 

On the Chiefs side Mahomes is obviously hobbled with the ankle issue, and now suddenly Kelce is listed as questionable with back issues. 

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I agree with you. The only saving grace is that the top players of the Bengals are quiet. Burrow, Chase, Mixon and Hubbard haven’t talked trash as far as I know. It’s mainly Eli Apple who’s honesty been a trash talker every place he’s played. 

On the Chiefs side Mahomes is obviously hobbled with the ankle issue, and now suddenly Kelce is listed as questionable with back issues. 

They will shoot Mahomes and Kelce up to numb things and I think the Mahomes injury is being over blown. Mahomes said he was fine and was even out running with the team in practice. 

I will say this if Burrow wins this, I will have a huge different look at him as being great. If Cincy wins though, they need to finish it by beating the NFC team that comes out.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They will shoot Mahomes and Kelce up to numb things and I think the Mahomes injury is being over blown. Mahomes said he was fine and was even out running with the team in practice. 

I will say this if Burrow wins this, I will have a huge different look at him as being great. If Cincy wins though, they need to finish it by beating the NFC team that comes out.

They absolutely have to win the Super Bowl if they reach it. It’s already extremely rare to get back to it after losing. These chances won’t come along much longer. The AFC is maxed out. 

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

They absolutely have to win the Super Bowl if they reach it. It’s already extremely rare to get back to it after losing. These chances won’t come along much longer. The AFC is maxed out. 

The Bengals vs Chiefs probably comes down to who has the ball last. 

Both have good offenses but the Chiefs have the weakest defense of the remaining teams imo.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Bengals vs Chiefs probably comes down to who has the ball last. 

Both have good offenses but the Chiefs have the weakest defense of the remaining teams imo.

That’s true. When it comes to playing the Chiefs no lead is ever safe. If the Chiefs win I will be rooting for them over the 49ers and Eagles. 49ers have plenty of rings and I don’t like the Eagles fan base nor Philadelphia in general.  

16 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

That’s true. When it comes to playing the Chiefs no lead is ever safe. If the Chiefs win I will be rooting for them over the 49ers and Eagles. 49ers have plenty of rings and I don’t like the Eagles fan base nor Philadelphia in general.  

I tend to agree about Philly. My job took me there a few times and I wouldn't call it the City of Brotherly Love. Far from it.  

17 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I tend to agree about Philly. My job took me there a few times and I wouldn't call it the City of Brotherly Love. Far from it.  

Been there 10 times including a game at Lincoln Financial Field… There was 0 hospitality in that place. 

19 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I attended a game at the Veterans Stadium years ago and it was understandable why they had a jail there. :bossy:

In 2016, the Vikings were undefeated going to Philly for a game (Week 6 or 7). I wanted to go there to watch the game but I probably was going alone or with a friend. I chose not to go because I did not want to risk getting into an altercation with someone. Instead, I went to DC a few weeks later to see the Vikes play Washington.

One of my best friends and her family went to Philly last season for a game. She became an Eagles at the game -- she thought they played so well. She said she and her family had no problem at the stadium despite her husband wearing a Giants hat.

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

In 2016, the Vikings were undefeated going to Philly for a game (Week 6 or 7). I wanted to go there to watch the game but I probably was going alone or with a friend. I chose not to go because I did not want to risk getting into an altercation with someone. Instead, I went to DC a few weeks later to see the Vikes play Washington.

One of my best friends and her family went to Philly last season for a game. She became an Eagles -- she thought they played so well. She said she and her family had no problem at the stadium despite her husband wearing a Giants hat.

You should have went and just wore an Eagles jersey, secretly rooting for the Vikings. Only way in hell I would go to a game in Philly, New England, or Baltimore wearing Colts gear is if I had this guy with me Mad The Simpsons GIFlmao 

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You should have went and just wore an Eagles jersey, secretly rooting for the Vikings. Only way in hell I would go to a game in Philly, New England, or Baltimore wearing Colts gear is if I had this guy with me Mad The Simpsons GIFlmao 

I noticed that you did not include Pittsburgh.

4 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I’m cheering on the colts! Oh wait they aren’t playing.. so I’ll go with bengals and niners and hope that’s who goes to the superbowl 

You should vote in the poll. Less than 2 hours to go!

8 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before…but I love this forum…so much fun to chitchat with you all during game days (even if it’s not the team you wanted there).

looks like you (I) are the only active people on this forum..been about 10 minutes and no one’s here. Good to be with you too man hope you have a great day haha 

Archived