Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jskinnz said:

I don’t get this - past performance  does not guarantee future results. 

If all a team’s research indicates that Stroud or Young is THE guy, not taking them because of where they went to school seems odd. In fact couldn’t you make the counter argument - because where they went to school means they have played in big games against elite level college competition?

Oregon had a QB issue as well until Herbert came along. Although Mariota is still hanging around as a decent backup. 

Gotta look at the individual and past just the school. 

20 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If players are involved I can see the trade happening before free agency.  The Bears lead the league in cap space.  By securing players before FA they eliminate a position or two they might be targeting and they get to know the cap hit from the new player before FA starts.  Big advantage for them to do it before FA.

There’s several players the Bears might be interested in and several that I think should be on the trade block for draft capital:

-Buckner

-Pittman

-Kelly

-Moore

-Dayo

-Paye 

-Franklin

Leonard and Nelson contracts are un-moveable, but no player should be “safe” except for JT. But if they did call for JT they’d have to send some capital back in return. 

I would not be shocked if the OSU boosters raise the money for him to stay. NIL is out of control. And the Buckeyes were a missed field goal away from going to the championship and probably blowing out TCU. The question is what is CJ risking of losing by staying if god forbid he gets hurt like Hooker did. 

Also have to figure in that Harrison Jr will be back so that could be a reason for him to stay as well. 

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Been saying this.

In our case, it probably becomes more expensive.  We'll be at their mercy.  With three QBs, there is a good chance one drops to #4.  With two QBs, there is almost no chance. 

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I would not be shocked if the OSU boosters raise the money for him to stay. NIL is out of control. And the Buckeyes were a missed field goal away from going to the championship and probably blowing out TCU. The question is what is CJ risking of losing by staying if god forbid he gets hurt like Hooker did. 

Also have to figure in that Harrison Jr will be back so that could be a reason for him to stay as well. 

Apparently OSU NIL collective isn’t that good.

1 minute ago, #12. said:

In our case, it probably becomes more expensive.  We'll be at their mercy.  With three QBs, there is a good chance one drops to #4.  With two QBs, there is almost no chance. 

You are probably right here. 

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Been saying this.

That would be the smart thing to do honestly. This draft has a so much defensive talent. If I’m the Cardinals I stay where I’m at and try to build a monster defense to complement Murray and the offense. 

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Strike while the iron is hot. C J Stroud would be very unwise not to declare for the draft.

January 20th, the day before the first divisional round happens is the deadline, right?

Just now, chad72 said:

Strike while the iron is hot. C J Stroud would be very unwise not to declare for the draft.

January 20th, the day before the first divisional round happens is the deadline, right?

It’s technically today at 4 pm. Although he doesn’t have to announce anything. The league gives them 72 hours to back out and then they themselves announce. 

50 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

If this is true and they’re going to trade up, they’ve clearly identified a guy they want. I’m fine with that. In fact I greatly respect that they would be willing to do it. It’s what this team needs more than anytjing. 

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It’s technically today at 4 pm. Although he doesn’t have to announce anything. The league gives them 72 hours to back out and then they themselves announce. 

https://thespun.com/nfl/football-world-reacts-to-mondays-c-j-stroud-rumor

Maybe he saw the Colts had a chance to get him and wanted to say "nah, I don't want to go there if they hire Jim Harbaugh, let me let this season play out" :) 

6 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

If this is true and they’re going to trade up, they’ve clearly identified a guy they want. I’m fine with that. In fact I greatly respect that they would be willing to do it. It’s what this team needs more than anytjing. 

If this rumor is true, Pittman wanting out is definitely 100% true. 

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

It is most likely for Bryce Young and somewhere DougDew is rolling his eyes with the question "how is he better than Stetson Bennett"

LOL :) 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

https://thespun.com/nfl/football-world-reacts-to-mondays-c-j-stroud-rumor

Maybe he saw the Colts had a chance to get him and wanted to say "nah, I don't want to go there if they hire Jim Harbaugh, let me let this season play out" :) 

If this rumor is true, Pittman wanting out is definitely 100% true. 

I mean, MPJ has not looked interested all season. Probably tired of new QB carousel. 

9 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

There’s several players the Bears might be interested in and several that I think should be on the trade block for draft capital:

-Buckner

-Pittman

-Kelly

-Moore

-Dayo

-Paye 

-Franklin

Leonard and Nelson contracts are un-moveable, but no player should be “safe” except for JT. But if they did call for JT they’d have to send some capital back in return. 

i really rather not trade any one or trade up .  i honestly think we have  a lot of talent just bad coaching look at the giants for proof of that .   they were horrible last year and with a elite coach are winning playoff games with the same roster .   even raiman and fries looked good the last 6 games  they line was playing so much better it was a QB problem and coaching problem . players checked out after frank got fired and we had no OC  either it was bad for the team .      get a elite coach our three stars on the line will play much better and fries and raiman with continue to improve .    paye and dayo look good both can be stars  we have young talent at wr and woods at tight end can be a star .      get jt healthy and a young QB i think we are right back in the mix

Just now, OLD FAN MAN said:

imo ballard will not draft a tiny qb

Unless he has inside info on C J Stroud declaring for the draft and it is for him that they are trading up for, it will be Bryce Young.

Will Levis will be there for our No.4 pick. Those are the Top 3.

16 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

If CJ turns pro, Colts can just stay at 4 to get 1 of the 3.

Maybe, but not if they don't like one, or two of them.

There's no guarantee we take a QB at 4. The combine, interviews, and pro days will be very interesting, and ripe for liars.

Hes 21, I could see why he might just want to go back to school.  I've heard more than one athlete say college was more fun than pros and CJ can make 4 million(?) i guess from NiL

They will be title contenders and someone like Stroud wont be worried about Caleb Williams.

He would still only be 22 as an nfl rookie coming out next year

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

get jt healthy and a young QB i think we are right back in the mix

That last line says it all. Get a young QB. To do that we may need to trade up. Especially if Stroud doesn’t declare. The players that I listed aren’t irreplaceable with the exception of maybe Buckner, but they’re replaceable. Some of those guys like Pittman are due for extensions next year anyways. Better to give up players than picks IMO. Especially if it’s for a QB.

3 minutes ago, masterlock said:

I REALLY hope they don't do that.

Might be the only way they don't give up a future No.1.

We chastised them for not taking a swing at it, so we have to roll with it and support them when they DO take a swing at it, IMO.

@Defjamz26 and I are on the same page with the bolded.

Just now, chad72 said:

Unless he has inside info on C J Stroud declaring for the draft and it is for him that they are trading up for, it will be Bryce Young.

those are the top three on this board after the combine ballard may have a number one 

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

the forums top 3 and ballards top 3 may be completely different

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

We chastised them for not taking a swing at it, so we have to roll with it and support them when they DO take a swing at it, IMO.

imo ballard will take best player on his board with our top pick but he will draft 1 or 2 qbs in this draft maybe not this forums top 3 but his top qbs after the combine

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@Defjamz26 and I are on the same page with the bolded.

Yeah I’d prefer not to give up a future 1st round pick. It makes sense because Chicago has a lot of needs and not enough picks to fill them all. Plus some veteran players would be a bonus to them. 

We can replace whatever players we lose with our draft picks this year and next. There’s also FA if Ballard decides to use it.

Archived