Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The best news I read today was that two teams ,the Titans and Raiders ,are looking into trading up to the 3rd pick.  That tells me they are eyeing AR because they both have starting quarterbacks on their rosters which is the perfect situation for him.  I’m hoping one of them makes the move.  That will leave Levis and Anderson at our doorstep and I would be very happy with either choice.  AR is the riskiest pick of the top four in my mind so I’m hoping we pass on him.

Well, looks like you are off the Lamar train so you're at least making progress.

2 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

Pretty long winded way of saying "I don't know". I think sometimes people are so desperate to maintain the image of being in the know that they're too scared to simply say "I don't know!"

much respect to those who answer honestly, and admit they know nothing

Off topic but anyway.

When I have a bad day   I have a few beers.  

When it's a good day I celebrate with a couple of beers 

When is an average day.   Yea # it  I'm still having some beers 

I'm not gonna post much because.  Yea its been an average day.   But I see all of you!!!!!

5 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Off topic but anyway.

When I have a bad day   I have a few beers.  

When it's a good day I celebrate with a couple of beers 

When is an average day.   Yea # it  I'm still having some beers 

I'm not gonna post much because.  Yea its been an average day.   But I see all of you!!!!!

stone cold GIF

23 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Seems like Brown being at Richardsons pro day may not of meant as much as we think. Turns out Brown was already in the area scouting in the SE. 

If Morocco Brown was in the area at the same time as the Florida pro day, that was 100 percent NOT a coincidence.  Brown is NOT an area scout.   

His unofficial title these last two years is Executive in charge of Finding Unicorns.  He’s trying to find rare and unique talent.  Richardson certainly qualifies as a Unicorn.   Whether he’s good enough is another story.  

So Brown is free to go wherever he wants. Brown being at the AR Pro Day was deliberate.  The only thing we don’t know is what is Brown’s evaluation of AR?   Could be two thumbs down.   Or it could be Brown believes in him.   Or somewhere in the middle.   But Brown’s opinion carries more weight than most. 

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If Morocco Brown was in the area at the same time as the Florida pro day, that was 100 percent NOT a coincidence.  Brown is NOT an area scout.   

His unofficial title these last two years is Executive in charge of Finding Unicorns.  He’s trying to find rare and unique talent.  Richardson certainly qualifies as a Unicorn.   Whether he’s good enough is another story.  

So Brown is free to go wherever he wants. Brown being at the AR Pro Day was deliberate.  The only thing we don’t know is what is Brown’s evaluation of AR?   Could be two thumbs down.   Or it could be Brown believes in him.   Or somewhere in the middle.   But Brown’s opinion carries more weight than most. 

OR.   he was there to see O'Cyrus Torrence.    And AR15 just happened to be there 

A guard at pick four. Hmmm.  Never haha

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Brown was at the Georgia pro day. He is the top guy they send outside of scouts. He apparently was already in the SE watching pro days. Now whether he could of went KY and chose not too we don’t know.

17 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Brown was at the Georgia pro day. He is the top guy they send outside of scouts. He apparently was already in the SE watching pro days. Now whether he could of went KY and chose not too we don’t know.

I’m simply saying it was not a coincidence.   He gets to set his schedule (I’m sure working with Ballard).   I’m just saying it wasn’t random.   The Colts have a plan and they execute it.   Brown’s opinion carries extra weight.  

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Why do you think Barstool sports has a good evaluator who does their Mocks?

Lots of websites do mock drafts.  It doesn’t mean they know what they’re doing.   

There is no one close to Sauce Gardner in this year’s draft.    It was a shock that Ballard spent pick 34 on Rock.   And now you want him to spend pick 7?!?   

Why?    

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There is no one close to Sauce Gardner in this year’s draft.    It was a shock that Ballard spent pick 34 on Rock.   And now you want him to spend pick 7?!?   

Why?    

I like Porter Jr a lot! I doubt they take him cause QB is a bigger issue.

I would think if this happened they dont think highly of the QBs

Most mocks even from top experts are garbage

I did one the day before the draft last year and only got like 3 to 4 out 32 correct

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Interesting. I've heard from a few sources that Levis may freefall on draft day. We'll see if that happens.

If he falls past Minnesota which I highly doubt would you trade up from 2nd if Colts pass on QB at 4

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

If he falls past Minnesota which I highly doubt would you trade up from 2nd if Colts pass on QB at 4

Yes, I did a ton of mock drafts recently, and in a few where I took Anderson at 4, Levis fell all the way to 29 to the Saints before being taken. I would definitely trade up a bit before that and get Levis. Probably trade 35 and a 3rd next year to move up for Levis.

24 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why?    

Well, I read the article and it was terrible reporting he said the only starter he knows of is Kenny Moore on defense and that is laughable. He either knows nothing or is an * and or didn't do his homework which is probably closer to the truth. 

28 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Interesting. I've heard from a few sources that Levis may freefall on draft day. We'll see if that happens.

If that's true then I can see Ballard trading back. But it'll be at a risk because there are a lot of teams needing a young strong-armed QB and we could miss out. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Wait a minute.

If Brown was at the georgia pro day I'm pretty sure he was taking a close look at Stetson Bennett.....

shocked will ferrell GIF by Anchorman Movie

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

I like Porter Jr a lot! I doubt they take him cause QB is a bigger issue.

I would think if this happened they dont think highly of the QBs

Most mocks even from top experts are garbage

I did one the day before the draft last year and only got like 3 to 4 out 32 correct

That’s because you and most fans judge mocks by the most unreasonable standard imaginable.   Matching teams with the correct player.   The thing is, it’s a magic trick, a party trick.   I’ve never EVER judged a mock by that standard.   It’s a waste of time, it’s meaningless. 

Any argument that the worst mock is almost as good as the best mock is your tip you’ve made a bad argument.   If the guy doing Barstool sports has a mock almost as good as someone at NFL.com that your tip you’re judging by a highly flawed system. 

The only standard I’ve ever judged a mock is by how many players go in the round they’re predicted to go in by highly informed people.   Every year I get a minimum of 24 correct.  And sometimes as many as 28.  Are the right players going where they’ve been roughly predicted.   Same for rounds 2, 3, 4 and 5.  

I think any attempt to argue the worst mocks are almost as good as the best mocks is a nonsensical argument.  

Archived