Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s the guarantees that are found to be important. Panthers have a richer owner.

What does that have to do anything? They still have to stay under the cap. It is not like an NBA luxury tax for going over the cap. :) 

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bears are thinking we dang. We may lose a trade partner. I actually hope Carolina goes after him. Even if Baltimore matched I would think it would create bad blood. Take Carolina or falcons out of QB market.

I hope ATL gets him.  I'd take Ridder and forget these rookie QBs.

If Lamar goes to ATL, there's more to it than him just being a QB.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

See this is where a guy like this loses all credibility. First do a  check on what teams can actually fit him  under the cap, which probably eminates the majority of them. Secondly list the teams that Lamar actually wants to go to. I have heard that he wants Miami cause that's is where  he is  from.   Atlanta, Carolina and Miami would be my bet but I have no idea what those teams cap situation is. I doubt he goes to a team that is building ala the Texans  but maybe Ryans could lure him

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

See this is where a guy like this loses all credibility. First do a  check on what teams can actually fit him  under the cap, which probably eminates the majority of them. Secondly list the teams that Lamar actually wants to go to. I have heard that he wants Miami cause that's is where  he is  from.   Atlanta, Carolina and Miami would be my bet but I have no idea what those teams cap situation is. I doubt he goes to a team that is building ala the Texans  but maybe Ryans could lure him

Lamar can't go to Miami because they do not have a first round pick this year. Teams have to have a first round pick in this year and next year's draft in order to negotiate with Lamar. Miami is out because they forfeited their first round pick this year.

10 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Falcons, Texans, Raiders, Titans all have the cap space to accommodate him, and can become QB needy teams.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

Just like McDaniels wasn't tied to Derek Carr (ironically he got rid of Jay Cutler too), the new Titans GM is not tied to Tannehill. I would despise Vrabel even more if he gets Lamar in our division. Lamar is definitely a step above Tannehill, IMO, especially with Henry for support.

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I definitely don't want Lamar in my division for sure. :( 

Titans can trade Tannehill to Ravens, and give up 2 first rounders for Lamar with $50 mil. plus in cap space. Lamar and Henry would be deadly.

I think Henry is dropping fast

I also dont think Titans are going to give up two 1s for Lamar......  

I think he is going to be a Raven this year

29 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I hope ATL gets him.  I'd take Ridder and forget these rookie QBs.

If Lamar goes to ATL, there's more to it than him just being a QB.

Ridder is mobile which is a must have in today's NFL.

Ridder also led the undefeated Bearcats to the CFP final 4 before they lost to Alabama.

I would take Ridder over any of the 4 too

32 minutes ago, chad72 said:

What does that have to do anything? They still have to stay under the cap. It is not like an NBA luxury tax for going over the cap. :) 

Why nothing of course. Cuckoo for coco puffs.

Frank's head would implode figuring out what to do with him.

Anyways, back to that thing called the 4th pick of the draft... :) 

If you play your rookie right away, and if we move to No.3, and by some reason Stroud is still there at No.3, and our 2024 1st rounder is intact, I'd say let the rookie sling and take his lumps, and suck enough to get Marvin Harrison Jr. :) 

Hot take. The Colts have better coaching staff to accommodate an offense based on QBs ability to run than the Panthers. This is not an endorsement of pursuing Lamar Jackson, but rather expressing some doubts about the fit of Lamar in Carolina.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Hot take. The Colts have better coaching staff to accommodate an offense based on QBs ability to run than the Panthers. This is not an endorsement of pursuing Lamar Jackson, but rather expressing some doubts about the fit of Lamar in Carolina.

He doesn’t really fit what Reich liked to do. But a good coach will adjust to the QB. 

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

True. But Ballard ain't giving up No.4 and a future 1st for Lamar and turning around and signing him to a $50 mil. per year for 5 years. Ravens are betting on him not getting that with anyone else in the league. 

Stay at 4 and take bpa qb. to me its

1. stroud

2. levis

3. young

4. richardson

5. hooker

look into the qbs background and see levis is only one coming from a football family.. that bumps him up some. With this staff all 5 are good enough to win with. And yes i think hooker goes mid 1st.

i think colts want stroud bad and he is the only one i would consider trading up for if price is right. No way i give up next yrs 1st for that short a move. I offer swap 1 for 4 and 2023 &2024 2nds. If bears turn it down then stay put and grab your qb left.

2 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

Dane Breugler, the draftnik for the Athletic, has the colts trading up to 1 and taking Stroud.

Compensation is Nos. 4 and 35 and a 2024 first-round pick to Chicago for No. 1.

This is a good deal for both and i would be stoked.

What do you think @Lurk McGurk and @Bearzzz?  If we can agree, lets just write it up and submit it to the league today.  lol

Counter offer:

Bears add in WR Velus Jones Jr. 

Colts add in their 2025 first, second, and fourth. That generously leaves you the 2025 third.

haha

But seriously, I'm down for your proposal.  Do I need to sign something?

17 hours ago, Stephen said:

Stroud has elite ball placement but he probably wont be there at 4. I feel like richardson, levis, will be. Ive gone on record saying we can probably win with the top 5 qbs and personally though alot of people wont agree Steichen could probabably win with Duggan and stetson Bennett

So a guy that has never been the head coach of a team…you’re already confident he can win with just any ol’ QB?

Man I hope you’re right, but if I may, what exactly are you basing this on?

33 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Well he has had success with a lot of different types of QB.

So you’re good with trading the out of the first or taking a non-QB with #4? Just draft Bennet/Duggan later?

I promise you that I don’t need a history lesson from you on who the QB’s he has worked are (as a QB coach and OC, not HC). But the poster I quoted said he could win with Duggan/Bennet.

So again I’ll ask, what has Steichen done as a HC that makes you believe he is capable of winning with just any QB?

I mean all the great HC’s in the NFL that struggle to win with average to below average QB play but the recently hired first time HC can.

I understand having optimism, but good grief. I’d rather wait until we actually see how he performs as HC before proclaiming he can win with anyone.

2 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

So you’re good with trading the out of the first or taking a non-QB with #4? Just draft Bennet/Duggan later?

I promise you that I don’t need a history lesson from you on who the QB’s he has worked are (as a QB coach and OC, not HC). But the poster I quoted said he could win with Duggan/Bennet.

So again I’ll ask, what has Steichen done as a HC that makes you believe he is capable of winning with just any QB?

I mean all the great HC’s in the NFL that struggle to win with average to below average QB play but the recently hired first time HC can.

I understand having optimism, but good grief. I’d rather wait until we actually see how he performs as HC before proclaiming he can win with anyone.

No absolutely not 

Archived