Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Too damn cold

crazycolt1

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes, we normally don't get below zero till later in January.  

For the longest time, Christmas weather rarely had snow and was in the 20s-40s, much bearable the last few years. Everything has been moved up a month, it feels like this year. Minus 20 to 30 is just too cold.

Actually, it is weird because my home has the high efficiency 2 stage furnace that kicks in better when it is cold like this. When it is in the 40s-50s, it is colder in my bedroom than when it is minus 20 to plus 20 because the 2nd stage apparently kicks in (not sure what the threshold is) and makes the bedroom warmer.

Just praying for the homeless folks, hope they find shelter, especially in downtown Indy. I will never forget to count my blessings.

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

For the longest time, Christmas weather rarely had snow and was in the 20s-40s, much bearable the last few years. Everything has been moved up a month, it feels like this year. Minus 20 to 30 is just too cold.

Actually, it is weird because my home has the high efficiency 2 stage furnace that kicks in better when it is cold like this. When it is in the 40s-50s, it is colder in my bedroom than when it is minus 20 to plus 20 because the 2nd stage apparently kicks in (not sure what the threshold is) and makes the bedroom warmer.

Just praying for the homeless folks, hope they find shelter, especially in downtown Indy. I will never forget to count my blessings.

Yeah we have a heat pump with 2 auxiliarys so when it gets this cold it's not as warm as we are accustomed to. It's very expensive when it gets this cold but the yearly cost is reasonable because it's low cost when the air conditioner is used.  Also we have no gas bill because we are totally electric. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Build an Igloo in your bedroom When it is in the 40s-50s, maybe the furnace would get heated up seeing that, and starts kicking in... :flaming:

14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It makes a huge difference when you are prepared for those types of temperatures because it's normal.  Those kind of temperatures are not common here so it causes big time problems. 

Even here where people know its coming every winter it still causes problems haha

3 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Even here where people know its coming every winter it still causes problems haha

Of course.  Anytime it gets bitter cold it causes problems.  It shuts down business and slows all outside work. All outside work becomes slow motion.  Fuel jells and causes a lot of problems 

I have worked in upper Wisconsin and Minnesota when it was -30 with a chill -60 . Outside unloading a flatbed. Started in Milwaukee and ended up in Duluth MN. Then across the UP to Gaylord MI. 

14 hours ago, King Colt said:

The videos of Buffalo right now look like the world ended. We are back in the high 70s this week.

We are supposed to be in the low 50s here in Indy later this week.  It makes no sense for Buffalo right off the lake to be warmer than Indy :scratch:

Crazy weather.  

On 12/24/2022 at 10:10 PM, crazycolt1 said:

It makes a huge difference when you are prepared for those types of temperatures because it's normal.  Those kind of temperatures are not common here so it causes big time problems. 

On Friday, I asked Vikings fans what temps they were seeing in their part of the country. Folks living in Arkansas, Missouri, Georgia and other southern states were reporting frigid temps. They are not prepared for it. My sister lives in Georgia and she reported being at close to 0° F.

It should get to the 50s by the time the Colts play at Met Life Stadium on Sunday. 

Archived