Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lamar Jackson Sweepstakes

Colts1324

Will teams be in the Lamar sweepstakes?

It’s very possible that he doesn’t sign a franchise tag & requests a trade. 

I could see a lot of teams trying to trade for him this year.

Raiders, Titans, Falcons, Dolphins, Jets, Giants, Commanders, Seahawks, Patriots, Panthers, Bucs, etc

He needs a great defense like that in playoffs, can't run all the time and win. I think he will do all he needs to do to get a better deal with Ravens. Ravens will sign him and play it out till the end. 

But, it'll be fun for sure if he gets out of Baltimore. 

More importantly, it will be fun for many years more if he improves his passing game and become much more difficult both ways for most of the defenses. He could limit the runs until it is needed in must - win games. 

7 hours ago, twfish said:

He isn't going anywhere, ravens wont allow him to go anywhere this coming year. Maybe next year but I doubt they are going to let him go.

He is going to have to earn it like Flacco, with a SB win. Just that there is no Ray Lewis swan song accompanied with it. :) 

On 12/21/2022 at 5:20 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

His body is starting to break down. He should of taken the money when it was there.

I agree. He does seem to be getting more banged up lately. 

But, if Murray got the extension he got, I can’t imagine that Lamar doesn’t get at least 2-3 million per season more.

The question is, who will give it to him. It’s hard to find a franchise QB in this league, but as of late, all of these contracts have proven questionable. 

2 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I agree. He does seem to be getting more banged up lately. 

But, if Murray got the extension he got, I can’t imagine that Lamar doesn’t get at least 2-3 million per season more.

The question is, who will give it to him. It’s hard to find a franchise QB in this league, but as of late, all of these contracts have proven questionable. 

There may be second guessing on huge contracts and trading draft picks after the Russell Wilson mistake?

On 12/21/2022 at 5:20 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

His body is starting to break down. He should of taken the money when it was there.

Just read where Hurts could miss multiple games.  The careers of these running quarterbacks are going to be too short for my liking.  I want the bigger drop back guys every time.  

23 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Just read where Hurts could miss multiple games.  The careers of these running quarterbacks are going to be too short for my liking.  I want the bigger drop back guys every time.  

Hurts wouldn’t miss though I am pretty sure if they were fighting for a playoff spot. This is two years in a row Jackson has been unavailable for long stretches. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Just read where Hurts could miss multiple games.  The careers of these runningyea quarterbacks are going to be too short for my liking.  I want the bigger drop back guys every time.  

While a running QB is fun to watch the risk is real for more injuries.  We learned that from watching Luck. 

Personally I think a traditional pocket QB is a safer player to have.  I'm not saying a statue but has the knowledge to use the pocket. Footwork is the key. 

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

The is a boatload of teams suffering from lack of QB talent. I can't see going after a vet with too much worn tread. If a team goes for a college kid they must have the staff to develop him (example; Jacksonville this year)

Not only the staff but very talented players around him. I think we have quite a few excellent players on our team regardless of what some think. 

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

While a running QB is fun to watch the risk is real for more injuries.  We learned that from watching Luck. 

Personally I think a traditional pocket QB is a safer player to have.  I'm not saying a statue but has the knowledge to use the pocket. Footwork is the key. 

This. I think people often mistake “mobile” for duel-threat QB’s. You need a guy who can pick up a first down & roll out - they don’t have to be Michael Vick or Justin Fields

Archived