Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CMC to Niners for picks

TheNextGM

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I love this move. I love teams when teams go after it. They’ve been to two super bowls since the last time we’ve been to one and yet we hoard picks and make 0 big moves to improve the squad smh

I agree and when you have a QB like Jimmy G that usually just manages the game and doesn't screw things up, this may make them the favorite now to win the NFC? That team is pretty loaded on defense too.

Funny thing is SF gave away a couple of first round draft picks and more to move up the draft and get Trey Lance, who's not even serviceable. 

Usually such moves would indicate that the team wouldn't be able to keep producing top end rookies to replace the veterans and keep the roster great. However, they're still able to have a top defense and good offense, probably because of their ability to have a great running game against anyone. 

Maybe, the impact of all that would start to show up soon and that's why they have such urgency to get to SB by all means, before the window closes if it ever will. 

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It’s still a RB. I do agree though he fits Jimmy’s game. Just too many draft picks.

If it wins them a SB, it won't matter. They are playing for now and are all in like the Rams were last year. If we won a SB and had to give up 2 or 3 picks for an all-pro difference maker to do so I would do it in a second. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If it wins them a SB, it won't matter. They are playing for now and are all in like the Rams were last year. If we won a SB and had to give up 2 or 3 picks for an all-pro difference maker to do so I would do it in a second. 

People will convince themselves of anything while the watch the Colts be mediocre year in and year out, but hey as long as we have a balanced salary and multiple draft picks 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

People will convince themselves of anything while the watch the Colts be mediocre year in and year out, but hey as long as we have a balanced salary and multiple draft picks 

I think we have a good team and a good QB, but good isn't great. Buffalo is better than we are, KC is also eventhough we beat them. We will see Sunday if Tennessee is, that is basically a pick'em game IMO. I hope Tannehill pulls a Tannehill but they beat us a few weeks ago. I love the fact the 49ers are all in, they want to be great, not good.

This is what contending teams do at the deadline to get that missing piece or to fix a major weakness to try and push them to the finish line.  The Rams last year with Von Miller is another example.  It will be interesting to see what Ballard does after we beat the Titans Sunday.  We know what Irsay’s expectations are for this team.  It should be an interesting few weeks coming up before the deadline.

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, like we all know, Matt Ryan can give us 2 good years, so we might as well do something for improving the squad with a few difference makers. I do think they are saving it for next year when we do it to move up for our QB in the draft and pony up some picks for difference makers in the off season, possibly??

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Yep, like we all know, Matt Ryan can give us 2 good years, so we might as well do something for improving the squad with a few difference makers. I do think they are saving it for next year when we do it to move up for our QB in the draft and pony up some picks for difference makers in the off season, possibly??

Yeah I would add Beckhem and TY both and go for it this year because outside of Pitt and Pierce we don't have much. Campbell is coming around but that is only 3 Wr's that Matt can throw too. Luckily our TE play has been ok as a group.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I would add Beckhem and TY both and go for it this year because outside of Pitt and Pierce we don't have much. Campbell is coming around but that is only 3 Wr's that Matt can throw too. Luckily our TE play has been ok as a group.

Okay doesn’t cut it for me with the TE group.  They are developing but slowly and they often disappear as part of the offense.  Reich and Ryan have both loved using TE’s as a major part of their offense.  Knowing Ballard they will probably stay patient with this group but if they consider themselves serious contenders an upgrade their shouldn’t be ruled out especially if the price is one of our players like the Yannick trade.

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Okay doesn’t cut it for me with the TE group.  They are developing but slowly and they often disappear as part of the offense.  Reich and Ryan have both loved using TE’s as a major part of their offense.  Knowing Ballard they will probably stay patient with this group but if they consider themselves serious contenders an upgrade their shouldn’t be ruled out especially if the price is one of our players like the Yannick trade.

I would love to get a great TE but that would take a trade which Ballard will never do. Beckham and TY are just sitting there as FA's and want to play.

I am an optimist but as of now we are not better than Buffalo or KC so if winning the SB is the goal, it is a long shot to do so. Sunday will show me if Tennessee is better, I don't think they are but if they sweep us then I have no way to debate it at that point. We did beat KC, it was well earned but it was just 1 game. If we play them in Arrowhead I would give us about a 25% chance of winning, a chance but not much. 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love to get a great TE but that would take a trade which Ballard will never do. Beckham and TY are just sitting there as FA's and want to play.

Never!  I don’t know about that.  Ballard has made many trades.  In fact I think he enjoys making trades.  He’s traded our 1st pick twice.  He’s traded up and back in the draft.  He’s traded for players.  He’s very open to trading.  On the other hand FA not so much.  

13 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Never!  I don’t know about that.  Ballard has made many trades.  In fact I think he enjoys making trades.  He’s traded our 1st pick twice.  He’s traded up and back in the draft.  He’s traded for players.  He’s very open to trading.  On the other hand FA not so much.  

When has he made an in season trade? I will wait? 

16 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

Trade the Washington Third for Elijah Moore. 

Sorry, off topic but hoping the Colts do something.

Moore would be great but he appears to be a foundation piece for them going forward.  But Christensen the OL from the Panthers could be available and Gesicki the TE from the Dolphins definitely is.  Hope we do something as well.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In season trade meaning, trade for a superstar 5 or 6 games into the season to help put you in a better position, he never has is the answer. 

He has never had the team or quarterback or the PRESSURE until right now.  If we win this weekend the pressure ramps up.  We don’t necessarily need a superstar to improve the team.  First we need to win Sunday.  That’s the first step.

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He has never had the team or quarterback or the PRESSURE until right now.  If we win this weekend the pressure ramps up.  We don’t necessarily need a superstar to improve the team.  First we need to win Sunday.  That’s the first step.

I think Beckham is a superstar but at this point I would take TY back just for depth and the big plays he can make at times. I would love to get a good to great TE like I said but I have no idea who would even entertain trading their best TE?

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Woods could become a great TE. He's already showing flashes of what he can do as a rookie and TEs typically take around 3 years before they're able to contribute in a meaningful way.

Beckham isn't sitting there wanting to play. The latest report expects him to be out until at least December due to a setback in his rehab, so he likely won't be signing for anyone but a team headed for the playoffs that could use his help.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

I think Woods could become a great TE. He's already showing flashes of what he can do as a rookie and TEs typically take around 3 years before they're able to contribute in a meaningful way.

Beckham isn't sitting there wanting to play. The latest report expects him to be out until at least December due to a setback in his rehab, so he likely won't be signing for anyone but a team headed for the playoffs that could use his help.

Oh I thought he would be ready by November, that is what I was hearing. I do like Woods.

We could use a right guard but I doubt there is any player that is going to make that much of a difference for this team. With the way Woods and the WR are playing that position is ok. Trading a player for player rarely happens and doing so you could just be weakening another area of the team.

Another thing. We have no future QB? You really think it’s smart to give away picks when we need those for a QB?

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

The tale of two GMs. 

I think Ballard is good, I had him rated 10th best but he isn't great as a I explained earlier. Big difference between good and great. I had Lynch rated higher, this proves why I had him rated higher. It is about SB's with them, they also had the smarts to keep Jimmy even after goofing up trading up to get Lance. IMO because Matt Ryan is 37, we have to be all in at all costs because the guy may only have 1 or 2 good years left. 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Ballard is good, I had him rated 10th best but he isn't great as a I explained earlier. Big difference between good and great. I had Lynch rated higher, this proves why I had him rated higher. It is about SB's with them, they also had the smarts to keep Jimmy even after goofing up trading up to get Lance. IMO because Matt Ryan is 37, we have to be all in at all costs because the guy may only have 1 or 2 good years left. 

I like to follow the Niners and Lynch as him and Ballard took over dumpster fires the same season in 2017.

Totally different philosophies in building teams. One aggressive the other not so much. The results are staggering. 

Go Colts

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I like to follow the Niners and Lynch as him and Ballard took over dumpster fires the same season in 201. Totally different philosophies in building teams. One aggressive the other not so much. The results are staggering. 

Go Colts

I don't mind Ballard's approach if he would be a little more aggressive in Free Agency or make an in season trade to make us better. Lynch is just more aggressive like the Rams FO is as well.

Archived