Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CMC to Niners for picks

TheNextGM

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't mind Ballard's approach if he would be a little more aggressive in Free Agency or make an in season trade to make us better. Lynch is just more aggressive like the Rams FO is as well.

Delayed Gratification. 

Let me ask you guys what player of position do you think will take this team to another level if we traded for them? Then which player would you cut to make room? When you add a player another gets cut or demoted in playing time.  If we went out and got a WR pierce or campbells snaps go down and Strachan gets cut. The only position I think that might actually help this team is maybe RG. Chris Reed had been a healthy scrap for Vikings and would not cost much in draft picks.

SF had their future QB. If I am the colts GM

I am not trading valuable high draft picks when we have no future QB. The time to add more talent is in FA. Not through the trade market. At least for the Colts.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Jimmy G is not elite and with a strong roster, Lynch was trying to upgrade

I am not trading valuable high draft picks when we have no future QB.

Very Ballard like.

The time to add more talent is in FA.

You use it to fill holes as the draft is more of a gamble and building entirely through the draft takes time. 

Not through the trade market. 

A last resort when you are close IMO. 

14 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Let me ask you guys what player of position do you think will take this team to another level if we traded for them? Then which player would you cut to make room? When you add a player another gets cut or demoted in playing time.  If we went out and got a WR pierce or campbells snaps go down and Strachan gets cut. The only position I think that might actually help this team is maybe RG. Chris Reed had been a healthy scrap for Vikings and would not cost much in draft picks.

I am not trading valuable high draft picks when we have no future QB. The time to add more talent is in FA. Not through the trade market. At least for the Colts.

I would have traded for Deebo Samuel just using 1 example before the season. He would have changed the whole dynamic of our offense,  he can do it all. He was wanting out of SF in the off season. I would have gave up 3 or 4 picks for him. Imagine him with Pitt, Pierce, Woods, Hines, and Taylor. Deon is even above average.

Dolphins went out and traded for Hill, we never do anything like that. Matt Ryan is better than Tua, imagine if Matt had Hill, our offense would be explosive. 

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Let me ask you guys what player of position do you think will take this team to another level if we traded for them? Then which player would you cut to make room? When you add a player another gets cut or demoted in playing time.  If we went out and got a WR pierce or campbells snaps go down and Strachan gets cut. The only position I think that might actually help this team is maybe RG. Chris Reed had been a healthy scrap for Vikings and would cost much in draft picks.

I would reach out to Carolina and offer them Hines for starting RG Austin Corbett.  Hines would replace CMC and return to Carolina where he played in College.  Jackson moves up to RB 2 for the Colts.  Corbett is a very good starting guard.  If they don’t want Hines give them one of our 3rd rd picks.  They appear to want picks. Let’s see what it will take.

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We are going to need all our picks if we ever want the future QB. Nope not doing anything that will hurt our chances in the 23 or 24 draft.

We can win a SB if we get Matt Ryan help, who cares about 5 years down the road. Tomorrow is never promised too anyone and you are worrying about 3-5 years down the road. We have a Hall of Fame QB and a chance now to win now, 5 years down the road, Taylor we will be out of his prime.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would have traded for Deebo Samuel just using 1 example before the season. He would have changed the whole dynamic of our offense,  he can do it all. He was wanting out of SF in the off season. I would have gave up 3 or 4 picks for him. Imagine him with Pitt, Pierce, Woods, Hines, and Taylor. Deon is even above average.

Dolphins went out and got Hill, we never do anything like that. Matt Ryan is better than Tua, imagine if Matt had Hill, our offense would be explosive. 

Ok but how do you then get a QB in the draft if your giving up a couple number ones. Nothing matters until we have the next young QB on this team. I guess you all could say we should go all in while we have Ryan but IDK.  I guess I can see the point. But out pass catchers have been very very good. Campbell is just going to get better with more targets and gaining confidence from being injured all these years. Woods is on pace for 7 or 8 TD. He is getting better every game. The psdd catchers aren’t hurting us. So I am just trying to figure out what you guys want and what you think will send us to the next level. Not sure there is anyone out there. A LT? As long as the oline is playing like they did against jags we are going to be fine.

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would reach out to Carolina and offer them Hines for starting RG Austin Corbett.  Hines would replace CMC and return to Carolina where he played in College.  Jackson moves up to RB 2 for the Colts.  Corbett is a very good starting guard.  If they don’t want Hines give them one of our 3rd rd picks.  They appear to want picks. Let’s see what it will take.

With the way Jackson played I might not mind that. I need to see Hines with how the oline played Sunday against jags to know for sure if o would do that. Not giving up a 3rd though.

Ok but how do you then get a QB in the draft if your giving up a couple number ones. Nothing matters until we have the next young QB on this team. I guess you all could say we should go all in while we have Ryan but IDK.  I guess I can see the point. But out pass catchers have been very very good. Campbell is just going to get better with more targets and gaining confidence from being injured all these years. Woods is on pace for 7 or 8 TD. He is getting better every game. The psdd catchers aren’t hurting us. So I am just trying to figure out what you guys want and what you think will send us to the next level. Not sure there is anyone out there. A LT? As long as the oline is playing like they did against jags we are going to be fine.

By getting Matt Ryan, Irsay stated we are all in because he knows Matt only probably has 2 years left, maybe 3. I would take a SB win and suffer through 2 or 3 stink years for that.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

By getting Matt Ryan, Irsay stated we are all in because he knows Matt only probably has 2 years left, maybe 3. I would take a SB win and suffer through 2 or 3 stink years for that.

Again what position do you want? And who gets less playing time or gets cut? Do you really want to take snaps away from pierce or Campbell? We could probably use a depth CB so Rodgers moved to 3 and we can cut Facyson. We don’t need any safeties. Oline is probably where we could get a upgrade at RG. But o think wants Pryor gets settled in there he is going to be fine.

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Again what position do you want? And who gets less playing time or gets cut? Do you really want to take snaps away from pierce or Campbell? We could probably use a depth CB so Rodgers moved to 3 and we can cut Facyson. We don’t need any safeties. Oline is probably where we could get a upgrade at RG. But o think wants Pryor gets settled in there he is going to be fine.

I am not sure what Ballard does or doesn't do, I wonder if he even considered going after Von Miller. I already said we need another playmaker on offense and another pass rusher numerous times. 

Archived