Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

8/27/22 Preseason Game 3: Bucs @ Colts, 7:30 PM ET

NFLfan

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah Rodgers and Hines can return kicks and punts and both have TDs in real games so I expect them to be the return guys if healthy and I just don’t see a roster spot for Flowers.

Dont see Hines on st this season,too risky because they plan to use him a ton on offense

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Dont see Hines on st this season,too risky because they plan to use him a ton on offense

Had him do it in 2020 when they did the samething with him on offense so I expect he will do that again this year.  I don’t think he returns kicks but I do think he’s the punt returner.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Had him do it in 2020 when they did the samething with him on offense so I expect he will do that again this year.  I don’t think he returns kicks but I do think he’s the punt returner.

Think club has a much bigger role in mind this season, dont see any clubs with important players in either pr or kr roles so.....

4 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Think club has a much bigger role in mind this season, dont see any clubs with important players in either pr or kr roles so.....

Wes Welker returned kicks for years.  Cobb returned kicks for years for the Packers and was a starting WR.  It does happen.  Heck Hilton returned punts his first couple of years here too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mick12Maher said:

Foles being the backup over Sam is laughable at this point. Even with Foles’ veteran presense, I would rather go with Sam’s upside. 

Foles has played well too so no it’s not.  I’ll say all three is going to make the final roster.

Just now, John Waylon said:

I do like him. But this has just been a rambling mess. We’re hashing the Wentz ordeal all over again. Why?

He didn’t really say anything about Wentz. They made a change because of a seasons work. Chemistry didn’t feel right back in preseason. I watched and saw the same thing. He even said it doesn’t fall on one person. He expects better. He tempered expectations with Matt. Very logical and spot on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boss7894 said:

What do you mean?  I don’t have the game

It’s Irsay long rambling answers that don’t really say much.  He was asked right out of the gate about the meeting last year and the “he’s picking on Wentz” crowd will be happy he didn’t say Wentz’s name once.  He basically said he felt the chemistry was off from day one last year.  It’s pretty easy to see based on how things turned out he clearly blamed Wentz for that.  I think when it comes down to it they just don’t think he was the leader they needed him to be.

Just now, John Waylon said:

I do like him. But this has just been a rambling mess. We’re hashing the Wentz ordeal all over again. Why?

To be fair, Rick asked him what was said in the meeting after the Jacksonville game. He said it’s not about one player but the mental part (4” between the ears) part of the game was important. If you want to infer he was talking about Wentz, so be it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

He didn’t say Wentz name one time.  He talked about what they talked about in the meeting at the end of the year because he was asked about it so that’s why.  He’s not going out of his way to bring it up he’s responding to what he’s being asked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He didn’t say Wentz name one time.  He talked about what they talked about in the meeting at the end of the year because he was asked about it so that’s why.  He’s not going out of his way to bring it up he’s responding to what he’s being asked.

He also had a great take on Matt. 

10 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

He’s basically dumping on Wentz again. Not directly, but they’re covering that whole subject again. It’s been interesting to say the least. 

He didn’t say Wentz name one time.  He responded to what he was asked and you are inferring based on what happened after the meeting that he was talking about Wentz.  I agree he probably was but again he was asked about it.  It’s not like they went hey tell me about Jonathan Taylor and he went you know what Wentz sucks.