Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp day 7 August 7th

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Coutee could have the leg up since he has been returning kicks. Don’t know if that is as important since Dulin plays ST.

We will find out soon. We have so much talent that guys like Patmon, Coutee, Ogletree, Granson are probably sweating bullets whether they make the 53. I think Woods will make it because he is a rookie and a 3rd round pick and hasn't had much of a chance to show what he can do in the regular season yet. I can't see Ballard cutting a 3rd round pick right away with that much potential.

Over 17 games, TY will help you more than Patmon or Coutee.  Other than price, I don't see a reason not to bring him back, but if we don't hear something in the next few days, it's probably not happening.

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will find out soon. We have so much talent that guys like Patmon, Coutee, Ogletree, Granson are probably sweating bullets whether they make the 53. I think Woods will make it because he is a rookie and a 3rd round pick and hasn't had much of a chance to show what he can do in the regular season yet. I can't see Ballard cutting a 3rd round pick right away with that much potential.

I think our basic formations in 3 receiver set will be Pittman, Campbell, Pearce and Granson.  I just think there is a huge learning curb for rookie TE's.

23 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think our basic formations in 3 receiver set will be Pittman, Campbell, Pearce and Granson.  I just think there is a huge learning curb for rookie TE's.

I think Dulin is going to out-rep Pierce by a good margin at flanker early in the season.  We’ve heard way too much about Dulin stacking good days and way too much about Pierce’s drops.  Hopefully, by the end of the year Pierce will take over the starting flanker role…

19 minutes ago, Archer said:

I think Dulin is going to out-rep Pierce by a good margin at flanker early in the season.  We’ve heard way too much about Dulin stacking good days and way too much about Pierce’s drops.  Hopefully, by the end of the year Pierce will take over the starting flanker role…

Dulin is my sleeper....

Coutee is a Texan veteran which Deshaun Watson like to throw too. He is a Leech'TexasTech WR with shifty moves which always had great games against the Colts. Matt Ryan like Peyton loves those slot WR, like Stokley, Collie, Wes Welker. Coutee is similar. I think he could be a great backup for Parris Campbell and Nyheim Hines.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That could be possible. Patmon would be the odd man out then.

Not Patmon.   Strachan.  

We count Hines as a RB, that allows us to keep 5 WR.     They are…..

Pittman

Campbell

Pierce

Dulin

Patmon

Those would be your 5 WRs.

3 hours ago, LiveAndLetAddai said:

Lol, I do all the time ;)

I could see 9 OL, 4 TE, 5 WR, 4 RB, and 2 Qb.

I don’t think that’s likely.   That’s 26 players.  

Set aside 3 spots on a 53 for STs.   That leaves 50 spots left.   Most teams don’t put 26 on offense.   I’m not saying never.   But it doesn’t happen often.  

Because defense provides the majority of ST players, CB, S, and LBs.   And we all know the premium we place in STs. 

If you’re losing one I think it’s RB. 

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not Patmon.   Strachan.  

We count Hines as a RB, that allows us to keep 5 WR.     They are…..

Pittman

Campbell

Pierce

Dulin

Patmon

Those would be your 5 WRs.

I like Coutee over Patmon at this time, but I think the Pre-Season will weigh heavily…

43 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t think that’s likely.   That’s 26 players.  

Set aside 3 spots on a 53 for STs.   That leaves 50 spots left.   Most teams don’t put 26 on offense.   I’m not saying never.   But it doesn’t happen often.  

Because defense provides the majority of ST players, CB, S, and LBs.   And we all know the premium we place in STs. 

If you’re losing one I think it’s RB. 

I’m counting 24. Am I missing something?

9 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I’m counting 24. Am I missing something?

He was saying that leaves 26 spots for the defense.

24 offense

3 SPT

26 defense

Edit: that is how I read it the first time but looking back, not so much.

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I know it’s just a preseason game but it’s going to be fun to have a game Saturday. Then following week lions will be here for joint practices. That will be fun,

Yeah people always rip on the pre-season but truth is we are so football starved by the time it gets here we are excited to watch it.

57 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Friendly reminder from East...

We kept 27 on offense last season.... 

All years are different.

As far as WR is concerned... with Campbell health history, can't imagine them not keeping 6 WRs not counting Campbell. 

meant not counting Hines.

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

meant not counting Hines.

As you know, Rosters are fluid throughout the season.   Numbers on each side go up and down.    I don’t think we stayed at 27 on either side for very long.  

Since you counted,  who were the 27?

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah….    I flubbed Math 101.    My bad.

DOH!!   

Crazy thing is, I could of swore I saw it say "most teams don't carry 26 on defense" when I read it the first time.

I even did double take because I thought it seemed worded weirdly.

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

As you know, Rosters are fluid throughout the season.   Numbers on each side go up and down.    I don’t think we stayed at 27 on either side for very long.  

Since you counted,  who were the 27?

I didn't count. I just remember folks being surprised at the 27 last season. I'm sure you can find the final roster with a quick google.

I was not surprised given the injuries on the OL to start the season, Wentz's injuries, and the WR situation. 

But keeping 26 or even 27, on either side happens. 

Like I said, every year is different. We have different situations this season, so I expect different things. 

And we still have weeks to get through before cut down, so the current situation could easily change. 

Archived