Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp day 7 August 7th

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Colts tried out four linebackers today.  That’s a position group I thought we were all set in.  Wonder what’s going on.

Camp body for the preseason? I highly doubt Leonard will play in the preseason 

Not surprised to hear about starters playing a bit more. New QB. New D scheme. Three or four rooks that are expected to contribute early.....

It's a good thing IMO, so long as nobody gets injured. The LVR/Jax game was hard to stomach with hardly any starter quality guys playing. 

In terms of working out LBs, or players in general, not sure why anyone would be surprised. We'll continue to shuffle guys in an out. 

Of those worked out...

Hansford - high motor and dynamic guy. Might be a good guy to try and develop on the PS. His issue is reading/processing.

Hilliard - great kid, but injury prone, and just doesn't have the measurables. He was a 5 star kid coming out of HS that just never matched the hype. 

O'Daniel - another highly ranked recruit out of HS (not as high as Hilliard). Had a better college career than Hilliard, but simply lacks the measurables. Likely a good STs guy though.

Wright - small school kid that lacks measurables. 

8 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Going to start this a little early today because Reich had a presser and some players did. We are almost halfway through TC already. That is hard to believe. Then it goes dark for 2 weeks until the season starts.

Go Colts 

18 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We have a great group of guys of here, I can't wait for the opener. I haven't been this excited since the 2009 season started because Matt Ryan is the real deal and we have a good roster. 

There were some people in here that actually wanted us to draft a QB and role with a rookie in a QB draft class that was MEH lmao . Some others wanted us to settle for Mariota, Trubisky, or Mayfield?? Had we done any of those things that would have been ridiculous with the roster we have, we are about winning,  Matt Ryan says hold my beer Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Yesterday I was at my sisters just sitting and the humidity was awful. Hopefully they drink enough water.

I talked to my sister yesterday, she doesn't really follow football much, she is a nurse. She knows I love football. She asked me what is up with this Matt Ryan guy? I said what do you mean? She said everyone is saying how great he is at the hospital, she works at Methodist. She said I remember Peyton and know Luck but everyone is talking like this guy is a God lmao . I told her he is good, lets leave it at that as we have a season to play sis. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Some others wanted us to settle for Mariota, Trubisky, or Mayfield?? Had we done any of those things that would have been ridiculous with the roster we have, we are about winning,  Matt Ryan says hold my beer Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

I’ll admit, I saw Trubisky as our best option early in the off-season.  Without a 1st rounder, not willing to be in the Watson sweepstakes (for many reasons), and lacking a viable in-house option, I thought we should sign Trubisky (for a reasonable price, whatever that is) and keep our eyes on the QB carousel.  Ballard had more faith that something would come to us, and that’s why he’s a better GM than I am!

12 minutes ago, Archer said:

I’ll admit, I saw Trubisky as our best option early in the off-season.  Without a 1st rounder, not willing to be in the Watson sweepstakes (for many reasons), and lacking a viable in-house option, I thought we should sign Trubisky (for a reasonable price, whatever that is) and keep our eyes on the QB carousel.  Ballard had more faith that something would come to us, and that’s why he’s a better GM than I am!

We actually got lucky to get Ryan. Once Rodgers signed with GB and Wilson went to Denver, I thought we were screwed. Then the Falcons did a Falcons like thing, they wanted Watson lmao , Rest is history.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wonder what Leonard's status is at this point? That is really the only thing I am worried about, everything else has been real positive.

Besides not knowing what his 1st name really is lol? Just resting him and no need for him at this point. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Matt is making the defense feel good today since he has torched them every day lmao . Good to see Gilmore healthy and playing well.

I am surprised Gilmore hasn’t had some vet rest days yet. Something I don’t think many knew about is he had a surgery in his knee in the offseason. Something they discovers when he hurt his hamstring.

I am surprised Gilmore hasn’t had some vet rest days yet. Something I don’t think many knew about is he had a surgery in his knee in the offseason. Something they discovers when he hurt his hamstring.

wait before he played for the panthers? or this offseason?

If Gilmore stays healthy that will be huge because teams were freakin dinking and dunking us all season. Even Lawrence ripped us a new one.

Archived