Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All in quote

jvan1973

3 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

There is something that the following list of players have in common (besides likely no longer being Colts):

Mark Glowinski

Kemoko Turay

Rock Ya-Sin

Eric Fisher 

Zach Pascal

Carson Wentz 

Could just be a coincidence, but it’s also not a stretch to wonder if “mental and emotional commitment to excellence” didn’t include that. 

Of course they weren’t the only ones, but I doubt anybody is questioning guys like Leonard and Q.

What did they have in common?  Glow, Rock, and Pascal played their ….. off.   Fisher and Turay were either injured or coming off of them.  

What did they have in common with Wentz?

11 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

What did they have in common?  Glow, Rock, and Pascal played their ….. off.   Fisher and Turay were either injured or coming off of them.  

Unvaccinated. And I believe all of them ended up on the COVID list near the end of the season, except Fisher.

Just an observation.

3 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Unvaccinated. And I believe all of them ended up on the COVID list near the end of the season, except Fisher.

Just an observation.

Got you.  But you could name a bunch of unvaxed starters that are still with the team too.  

2 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Just an observation.

Interesting. This would not be surprising. 

Business decisions.

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Leonard and Nelson are Un-Vax'd, try again. Wentz was traded because he folded in the last 2 games and he lacked leadership.

Being unvaccinated is not the problem. Being unvaccinated AND underporforming AND catching the thing in the most inopportune moment of the season and missing games/practices might have been a bigger problem

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Got you.  But you could name a bunch of unvaxed starters that are still with the team too.  

They are all pro-bowlers. There are different tolerance levels for different levels of players. Mediocre player are OK to have on a roster of 50+ players... mediocre players who you cannot rely on, not so much. 

3 hours ago, shasta519 said:

There is something that the following list of players have in common (besides likely no longer being Colts):

Mark Glowinski

Kemoko Turay

Rock Ya-Sin

Eric Fisher 

Zach Pascal

Carson Wentz 

Could just be a coincidence, but it’s also not a stretch to wonder if “mental and emotional commitment to excellence” didn’t include that. 

Of course they weren’t the only ones, but I doubt anybody is questioning guys like Leonard and Q.

I'm not 100% certain but I think Glow was vaccinated(I think he was the only starter on the OL vaccinated). Haven't heard about Rock or Turay either. Do you know for sure they were not vaccinated. 

I think what I have learned form this, is that fans feel so freaking entitled, that they will dissect every word, phrase, or perceived promise so they can spew their disappointment at having been wronged.....by the team underperforming.

How about the upcoming season? Who gives a donkeys # about a sentence uttered by a very giving, patient, and supportive owner who just watched his team fail surprisingly at the end of the year. 

3 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Mark Glowinski

Kemoko Turay

Rock Ya-Sin

Eric Fisher 

Zach Pascal

Carson Wentz 

I am not sure where you get that about Glow and Pascal.  Glow was at times their best lineman last season and Pascal did his job the best he could.  It’s not his fault he was asked to be the number two WR.

17 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Good thing Irsay clarified.   It was pretty simple to figure out really

Actually I said u stand corrected based on your post. However it has come to light that the Colts were offering 2 1st rounders  for a young qb. If that's not all chips in, I don't know what is.

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

I think what I have learned form this, is that fans feel so freaking entitled, that they will dissect every word, phrase, or perceived promise so they can spew their disappointment at having been wronged.....by the team underperforming.

How about the upcoming season? Who gives a donkeys # about a sentence uttered by a very giving, patient, and supportive owner who just watched his team fail surprisingly at the end of the year. 

Look at you spewing annoyance and frustration because fans don't just sit there content with however the season turns out. Feeling "entitled " to tell people they are wrong for not agreeing with the sentiment that fans should just be okay with whatever their favorite team does.  Get off your high fan horse. 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Look at you spewing annoyance and frustration because fans don't just sit there content with however the season turns out. Feeling "entitled " to tell people they are wrong for not agreeing with the sentiment that fans should just be okay with whatever their favorite team does.  Get off your high fan horse. 

I can't speak for him but people thinking just because we don't win the SB it was a suck season. I laugh at that. The Packers have had several good rosters and arguably the best QB over the past decade and haven't won a SB. KC on paper was the best team last year and Mahomes lost to freakin Cincy at home. In all honesty, people saying SB or bust need to get off their high horse. We only won 1 with Peyton and had loaded teams.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't speak for him but people thinking just because we don't win the SB it was a suck season. I laugh at that. The Packers have had several good rosters and arguably the best QB over the past decade and haven't won a SB. KC on paper was the best team last year and Mahomes lost to freakin Cincy at home. In all honesty, people saying SB or bust need to get off their high horse. We only won 1 with Peyton and had loaded teams.

I haven't seen SB or bust. I've seen people frustrated with the past few seasons, which came to a head missing the playoffs this year. Which heightened frustrations. He makes it seem like fans are wrong for voice frustration over being disappointed in the team. Almost as if we aren't allowed to be disappointed at any point.

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

I haven't seen SB or bust. I've seen people frustrated with the past few seasons, which came to a head missing the playoffs this year. Which heightened frustrations. He makes it seem like fans are wrong for voice frustration over being disappointed in the team. Almost as if we aren't allowed to be disappointed at any point.

I was very disappointed we missed the playoffs, nothing wrong with people being upset with that at all but some in here act like if we don't win the SB then it was a bad season. They will call Matt a choker, etc. etc.. Winning the SB is the goal but it rarely happens. If we don't win the division this year and at least win 1 playoff game then yeah I will be with the crowd that is frustrated no doubt. 

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Not in regards to the other players but there was one other thing about Wentz that was curious...getting surgery right at the onset of training camp. According to the stories that came out this was an injury that happened in the past. It was a completely inopportune time as it eliminated any chance of getting training camp reps and impaired his mobility in early games. Was this a concern internally for the Colts? Was this identified at his after trade physical? And if so, why wait until training camp? Anyone else have more insight on this?

40 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Actually I said u stand corrected based on your post. However it has come to light that the Colts were offering 2 1st rounders  for a young qb. If that's not all chips in, I don't know what is.

I don't stand corrected.     He just said exactly what I said meant.    Had nothing to do with spending money and trading the farm.   It was about mentality and leadership.   Just what I said in the first post

6 hours ago, Smonroe said:

True. But Leonard and Smith already got paid. Q is about to. They are also foundational players.

Would be a double standard, but they have always seemed to exist with the top tier guys.

Again…just a connection from an observation. Could all be coincidental, since they had several players.

4 hours ago, stitches said:

I'm not 100% certain but I think Glow was vaccinated(I think he was the only starter on the OL vaccinated). Haven't heard about Rock or Turay either. Do you know for sure they were not vaccinated. 

Perhaps Glow was. Can’t find anything definitive. I had thought nearly all of the OL wasn’t.

Turay and Rock also came off the COVID list when they changed the protocol. I think Turay had been wearing a mask all season.

But all of those guys were on the COVID list right before the season went downhill (except maybe Fisher) at the end.

Archived