Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Just throwing out a random day like every Twitter poster is? 

I figured that. I have a reason for asking that. I noticed that some of you  have a different reaction to a post based on who the writer is. 

Anyway, no need to reply. I don't want to derail the thread. It is just something to think about before attacking other fans.

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

I thought Irsay was supposed to be off the sauce(alcohol), but if this is true, I'm glad because I liked Irsay better when he was on the sauce(alcohol). Cooler and in his element. 

I'm not a medical professional even though I play one on message boards. But isn't it possible that irsay recovered from his oxy addiction and is still able to drink ? 

Most people I know and have read about usually get addicted to oxy as they suffer from some type of pain. People recovering from back surgery (for example) or are experiencing some type of long term pain.

In fact most people get oxy from their own doctors prescribing it to them.

My point is hopefully he's recovered his pain and oxy addiction and is able to drink now and it's no big deal.

19 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I figured that. I have a reason for asking that. I noticed that some of you  have a different reaction to a post based on who the writer is. 

Anyway, no need to reply. I don't want to derail the thread. It is just something to think about before attacking other fans.

I’ve not attacked anyone thank you very much.  I hold no ill feelings towards anyone..

I’ll finish this conversation via pm

Has anyone on here ever tried to tweet Irsay displeasure in how the FO is handling things?

I don't mean regarding the trendy "All In" we are experiencing now.

I mean normally I wouldn't suggest this because I think it is normally weird to even think of this, however the fans(us) are actually the ones truly in power of this team in many ways.

We buy merch, tickets, food, etc. without the funds from the fans there would be tv money, but the fans are just as important.

I don't mean irrational tweets like fire Ballard, but logical tweets like seriously why Irsay believes it okay for the Raiders to pony up all that cash for Adams but not the Colts when the Colts really do need a true WR1. Now maybe this is bad example because Adams wanted to play with Carr, so circumstances were not good for Colts, but you get my gist. 

At some point these questions on ALL skill positions and why money isn't being spent to better this team on true, proven talent need to be addressed. Why do we try to maximize bargain? Why must everything be a bargain? This happens every year. Not just when there is no QB, but every year. 

Other teams just don't seem to be following the "Ballard" way of doing things. I really do believe we as fans need to know why. I really do. Not just why we think it is, but why it really is.

Might be a horrible suggestion, but something has to give here. Nothing done ever really seems to be benefitting this team.

P.S. I know a lot of you on here keep saying in regard to the WR position that the draft class is loaded. Okay, but what happens if some of our top picks are traded for a QB to go along with not having a 1st rounder? What happens if a top pick is used on a LT because we didn't address this in FA? My point is before you know it, we are taking a WR in the 4th or 5th round.

That keeps us in the same spot we are now. That is why these questions need to be addressed, do they not?

There is nothing stopping this team from going to get a TE or a LT without having a QB, especially when they already know how much each QB left is going to cost

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’ve not attacked anyone thank you very much.  I hold no ill feelings towards anyone..

I’ll finish this conversation via pm

Read it again. It is a general statement. "Some of you" means some people on the forum. If you do not know what I am referring to, then I don't really know what to say. 

47 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Why Tuesday rather than another day?

Tuesday would make a certain amount of sense because while the Browns can wait to move Baker I have a feeling they would like to do it sooner rather than later and we know Matt Ryan is due his roster bonus on Tuesday so odds are the Falcons will make some kinda decision about him by then.  

9 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Has anyone on here ever tried to tweet Irsay displeasure in how the FO is handling things?

I don't mean regarding the trendy "All In" we are experiencing now.

I mean normally I wouldn't suggest this because I think it is normally weird to even think of this, however the fans(us) are actually the ones truly in power of this team in many ways.

We buy merch, tickets, food, etc. without the funds from the fans there would be tv money, but the fans are just as important.

I don't mean irrational tweets like fire Ballard, but logical tweets like seriously why Irsay believes it okay for the Raiders to pony up all that cash for Adams but not the Colts when the Colts really do need a true WR1. Now maybe this is bad example because Adams wanted to play with Carr, so circumstances were not good for Colts, but you get my gist. 

At some point these questions on ALL skill positions and why money isn't being spent to better this team on true, proven talent need to be addressed. Why do we try to maximize bargain? Why must everything be a bargain? This happens every year. Not just when there is no QB, but every year. 

Other teams just don't seem to be following the "Ballard" way of doing things. I really do believe we as fans need to know why. I really do. Not just why we think it is, but why it really is.

Might be a horrible suggestion, but something has to give here. Nothing done ever really seems to be benefitting this team.

P.S. I know a lot of you on here keep saying in regard to the WR position that the draft class is loaded. Okay, but what happens if some of our top picks are traded for a QB to go along with not having a 1st rounder? What happens if a top pick is used on a LT because we didn't address this in FA? My point is before you know it, we are taking a WR in the 4th or 5th round.

That keeps us in the same spot we are now. That is why these questions need to be addressed, do they not?

There is nothing stopping this team from going to get a TE or a LT without having a QB, especially when they already know how much each QB left is going to cost

We’re in such a weird position right now with money and QB/LT/WR. I’m glad that Ballard doesn’t just spend spend spend and have us in salary cap hell. At the same time, it’s infuriating that he’s not really doing anything to try and improve skill positions besides drafting WR in the 5th and 6th rounds. 

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Tuesday would make a certain amount of sense because while the Browns can wait to move Baker I have a feeling they would like to do it sooner rather than later and we know Matt Ryan is due his roster bonus on Tuesday so odds are the Falcons will make some kinda decision about him by then.  

Okay. That makes sense. I had not thought of that. I thought it was just a date thrown out there. Thanks.

It would be awesome if we could pull a trade off getting Matt Ryan and Pitts both, that would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. It would take some draft picks but at this point I don't care, you have to give up a lot if you want to win! At that point Free Agency would be nailed. Ryan has at least 2 good years left, we can draft a QB next year and Pitts has great potential. Without a QB like Ryan and another weapon like Pitts we will have hard time being a Top 5 team in the AFC. We would still have our main core from last year but we do need a LT.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It would be awesome if we could pull a trade off getting Matt Ryan and Pitts both, that would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. It would take some draft picks but at this point I don't care, you have to give up a lot if you want to win! At that point Free Agency would be nailed. Ryan has at least 2 good years left, we can draft a QB next year and Pitts has great potential. With a QB like Ryan and another weapon like Pitts we will have hard time being a Top 5 team in the AFC. We would still have our main core from last year but we do need a LT.

No way do Colts get both 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It would be awesome if we could pull a trade off getting Matt Ryan and Pitts both, that would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. It would take some draft picks but at this point I don't care, you have to give up a lot if you want to win! At that point Free Agency would be nailed. Ryan has at least 2 good years left, we can draft a QB next year and Pitts has great potential. With a QB like Ryan and another weapon like Pitts we will have hard time being a Top 5 team in the AFC. We would still have our main core from last year but we do need a LT.

It would take a LOT to pry Pitts away from Atlanta. As much as I’d love to have him on the Colts.

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

I'm not a medical professional even though I play one on message boards. But isn't it possible that irsay recovered from his oxy addiction and is still able to drink ? 

Most people I know and have read about usually get addicted to oxy as they suffer from some type of pain. People recovering from back surgery (for example) or are experiencing some type of long term pain.

In fact most people get oxy from their own doctors prescribing it to them.

My point is hopefully he's recovered his pain and oxy addiction and is able to drink now and it's no big deal.

Source: My wife runs a substance abuse facility and is a substance abuse counselor.

Addiction is addiction, regardless of the substance. He will always be an addict and is either active in his recovery or he's actively using.

They both affect the same areas and pathways in the brain, so using any "mind-altering substance" triggers the same reaction in the brain. You'll probably meet plenty of people that say they used to use X but got that under control and only drink now. No, they're still an addict that is actively using, they've just shifted substances. Sobriety is a lifelong journey/battle and it takes a lot of work and support to stay sober, especially with the societal stigmas around mebtal health and addiction.

For Irsay's sake, I hope this is just a fabrication.

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

I actually heard (can't remember where) someone suggest that Baker might end up on the Lions.

The QB class isn't good this year and Baker is playing on his fifth year option. I think it makes a lot of sense for them to kick the tires on Mayfield whilst also kicking the QB can down the road to the next off-season when the draft class should be better. If Baker lights it up, they can extend him and look elsewhere in the draft. If he doesn't, they move on and draft someone else.

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

@stitches

I know you like Willis. I'm thinking he ends up with Falcons or Panthers. 

Colts themselves should be in a good position to trade up if one of the QBs fall.

Agreed. No way is he faling into our range, but I can absolutely see him going to either of those teams. I think we could see Riddell, Corral, or Pickett falling into our range though.

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have to do something and something big otherwise we are screwed.

To be honest, the AFC is gonna be a gauntlet to run, you’re likely looking at both wildcards being from the same division, so unless we can get someone to get us to the division title, odds aren’t in our favor 

Interesting article on the Browns pursuit of Watson. Basically, indicating that once the Browns went public with their displeasure for Mayfield they were forced to re-load on Watson.

Hence the staggering contract offer.

I am glad the colts don't operate that way with their players.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/20/baker-mayfields-plan-to-boycott-browns-may-have-revived-deshaun-watson-effort/

Just now, Shive said:

Agreed. No way is he faling into our range, but I can absolutely see him going to either of those teams. I think we could see Riddell, Corral, or Pickett falling into our range though.

Here's how I think it goes 

Falcons trade up for Willis 

Panthers ride it out or trade for QB 

Seahawks trade for Mayfield 

Saints bring back Winston 

Steelers select Pickett

Colts trade above Lions to get Corral or Ridder

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

To be honest, the AFC is gonna be a gauntlet to run, you’re likely looking at both wildcards being from the same division, so unless we can get someone to get us to the division title, odds aren’t in our favor 

Hunger Games Odds GIF

23 minutes ago, Shive said:

Did something happen with Pickett? I thought he was considered the #1 guy, or has the hand size thing thrown a wrench in his draft stock?

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I do think QB news will come by tomorrow with Ryan’s money due Tuesday. If he was staying it would already be paid. So we should here by tomorrow if he is staying or going. If he is staying then our options are Baker or one of the FA.

Don't forget the legend Sam Ehrlinger 

legendary GIF

23 minutes ago, Shive said:

Who cares really.  I can’t believe the number of fans who want the Colts to trade up for a quarterback in one of the worse classes in years.  Next year is the year to do it.  That’s what we need another project at quarterback.  What a waste of a pick.  Hopefully Ballard is smarter than that.

Archived